The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 01:13 PM
lumper
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never understood the need to loose your anonymity and join a group, wear patches, have a clubhouse, etc.. i just want to ride.

Who cares about all this macho BS and patches, I think it is just stupid myself.

Pack mentality, only strong in a group, cant walk alone anywhere or thinking they are especially tough bad asses because of some patch on their jacket, lol muhahaha its silly man.

We have a lot of patches around here, the young guys act like they are hard asses but the older guys are really cool, you can approach them, talk bikes, enjoy a laugh have a beer, its all good, its all about respect, if you respect others they will respect you.

Plus I think it is just asking for trouble anyway, you have rivals, cops, slighted people that will drive you right off the road because of what some other A hole did to his sister a few years ago, etc.. who needs all that ?
I would rather blend in and be left alone, and just enjoy my ride.

we all have an opinion it doesnt make anyone right or wrong, it is all opinions and what you like.
Lump

Old 09-09-2012, 06:03 PM
oif3vetk9
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same night I made patch three others got theirs stripped. Had to. We're a ama club and these dudes were doing things and attracting the wrong attention. Pretty simple, they had to go. They turned their patches in right then and there.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:40 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Do these guys have any affiliation to the Quiet Skulls MC, Somewhat Noisy Skulls MC, or the Loud Skulls MC?

Old 09-10-2012, 09:32 AM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think they are going to be patched over by all the black label vest wearing "bikers"

Old 09-10-2012, 10:10 AM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Marketing genius! $250 to basically join nothing.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:34 PM
aaamax
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

hell, if they take me with my assless chaps... i'm in to win!

Old 09-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Pystov
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could never join a club that would have ME as a member...

Old 09-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny story, 2010 in Sturgis there was a sign out front of the HA shop that said Sonny Barger autographs. I thought that would be cool so my wife and I strolled in past and in between a few full patch members outside the door to get in. I had to laugh; these guys were all about 7ft 5. I’m not even sure they saw me walk past them. Growing up in the 70’s in Omaha I worked with and had a few beers with a few guys in the same organization, I just don’t remember them being that tall or I just got old and shrunk. Anyway, Sonny is what he is but he was a good host that day and we enjoyed our visit.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:13 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oif3vetk9
Same night I made patch three others got theirs stripped. Had to. We're a ama club and these dudes were doing things and attracting the wrong attention. Pretty simple, they had to go. They turned their patches in right then and there.
Them AMA clubs are brutal eh?

Old 09-13-2012, 02:33 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

could get real interesting if all the people who talk tough on here...were to do it face to face. I'd just stand back and feel sorry for them. 1%'ers play for keeps. It ain't a joke with them.

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?