The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 04:35 PM
UncleMort
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinkin I should become a patch sewer-person. Then I could be like "yeah, I removed a patch from that guy..."

Where does one apply?

Old 05-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Btw, this thread is only 5 pages if you change your settings.
Damn noObs.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:00 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,868 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by fleabite
Regardless of the nature or intent of the original post or some of the responses, I still get a chuckle out of some of the smart-***, tough guy comments. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. When a pack of one of the big 3 or 4 come rolling in, attitudes change, quickly.

It's actually funny to witness...loud mouthed weekend warrior all of sudden isn't so loud anymore and if you look real close you might even see the little dribble of **** falling out from the cuff of his pants.

Hell you get a group of midgets coming towards me my attitude changes.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:02 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
Hell you get a group of midgets coming towards me my attitude changes.
would that be a "flock" or a "school" ?
I don't think it could be a "hurd", but I'm just a city boy ... what do i know ...

Old 05-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Dilemma
Road Master

would that be a "flock" or a "school"
A "Gaggle." You know, like Geese.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:30 PM
WVNightster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been following this post and have had a good laugh or three.I myself am not affiliated with any M/C,but as a teenager I dated a girl who's uncle belonged to the dominate M/C in my state(not listing the club name outa respect).And I have got to say what times I was around him and the other members of the club they where some of the best folks you would ever want to meet.Coming from a non-riding family this is where my intrest in scoots and HD's began.I never seen them hassle anyone about patches or other stuff other folks would wear,nor did I ever witness any other crimes commited against society lol.But what I did see was a group of guy's who would help with making sure a underprivledge kid had a Christmas,families that where struck with some type of hardship(death, illness,etc.)had some type of cash flow help.Just all around good folks,I can't speak for how it may be in other areas but that was how it was here.Sure you can encounter bad folks in some M/C's but you can find that in every other group organization all over the place that's just human nature(people are jerks)I bet for every one bad story in the media that you hear about M/C's there are probabally ten good things they have done for the surrounding comunity that go's unspoken.Not nut huggin M/C's just passing along my personal experience's.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:56 PM
springer3
Tourer

It is hard to have a war with an unarmed man or someone just starting a thread cause they have nothing else todo!!
But what was funny is i was watching swimming today and saw one guy get out of the pool and rip the trunks off the other guy!!! He said you can wear those in my pool but i still didnt see him wear a jacket or vest for that matter!!!
I think they went to dance together after!!!Maybe thats when he wore the vest!!!

Old 05-16-2012, 07:12 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Gimp
tincup, outlaws are like any other wild thing...they can smell fear. If they actually make you nervous now, before you've gotten there, I suggest that you make a habit of glancing over the bikes parked out front. If three or more have the same logo on the tank, you're probably outside the bar you didn't want to enter. But best bet is...don't be afraid. If you aren't welcome, someone will probably tell you before you make it in the door. Smile and nod and go your way.

edit: Twizted raised a point I would have skipped over; you family&friends aren't wearing patches, are you? The first look I had at Wild Hogs, I knew the writers were about to give these actors a problem to deal with over that. STRONG advice here...if you aren't patched in to a club, you should probably not put anything on your back but a pair of wings advertising the brand of your bike.

thanks for the advice. nothing on our backs. i don't need to be a tough guy - those days are gone. i find it easy to walk away from many things. too much else matters to me later in life.

tin

Originally Posted by Sprtstr1200
I can read without your assistance, which is why I asked who implied they were a 1%'er because I didn't get that from anyone in this thread.

I'm assuming your talking about Mi3 who has NEVER implied, eluded to, made mention of or tried to take credit as being a 1%'er. I've been a member of a territorial MC for years, so has Mi3. Both of us know the difference between 1%'er and patch holder. You obviously do not. So please don't recklessly throw around terms you obivously don't understand.

Btw, this thread is only 5 pages if you change your settings.
thanks for the settings advice - not really a noob, but never knew it.

tin

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-09-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Outdoor Lady
Advanced

I have an issue...as riders we all respect other riders. Just because I choose to be in a club or not is my business and if you decide, it's your business which club. Just because two people have a state rocker on their vest, ect...doesn't make one over the rider.

I am not in a MC or RC, but I do ride with different people that are. They decide which club by their likes and their doings.

Respect All BUT Fear None!

Old 05-16-2012, 07:46 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyGyrene
1980's: riding my '71 FLH through Lemon Grove, CA. Saw a couple of bikes at a bar, and decided to have a cold one. There was only me, the bartender and two guys sitting way over in the corner. Half way through the beer, the bartender says the guys in the corner wanted to know when and where I rode with the HA. As I had no idea what the hell he was talking about, he pointed to the winged skull tat on my right arm, that I had gotten at the tender young age of 17. Granted, it WAS a winged skull, but was nowhere close to the HA skull. They walked over to me, one pulled out a blade and informed me that they were going to remove the tat there and then ! However, while living in California, I NEVER went anywhere without my little .380 (easy to conceal). Long story short: I backed my *** out of the bar, and left like a bat out of hell. Never stopped in Lemon Grove again. Still have the tat.
yikes!

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?