The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 11:58 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

This is the SOA of threads. Total bullshit hidden in entertainment.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by baka1969
This is the SOA of threads. Total bullshit hidden in entertainment.
It's BETTER than SOA. No commercials.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:42 PM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dilemma
Honestly? You can't ask a simple question? Is THAT breaking the rules also? You have several people here who are openly flying their flag, and I can't ask this simple question?

I didn't ask what club, his name, or any other personal info.

Just wow.
There are different kinds of clubs though.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:05 PM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not to steal the thread, but my buddy rides a water cooled Harley. He rides somewhere weekly that is across the street from a big 1% club. They are always out there and never cause trouble or start crap with him. I thought that is pretty cool.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Sprtstr1200
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DravenGSX
I wanted to quote another post from earlier, but it's a few pages back so I'll just re-cap. Somebody who implied that he's a 1%er stated that clubs don't take patches from other clubs out in public anymore...

Who implied that they were a 1%’er? I missed that. I never implied I am, neither did any of the other former or current patch holders like Pointman, Mi3, Leadbelly, Vaham, Twizted, crasha51 or Pococj. Frenchman….is retired 1%’er but he hasn’t chimed in one way or the other on it still happening or not. (Frenchman, sorry if I’m wrong on the retired part)

Every area is different in the way that MC’s interact with each other. Texas being one of the rare states because there is so much harmony and support of MC’s amongst each other (Shout out to the Red & Gold and all founders and supporters of United Clubs). The MC communities in Texas all support each other and usually peacefully coexist, but the general public wouldn’t know even if things weren’t so peaceful because down here things are handled behind closed doors with little to no exception.

Each state has different issues they deal with concerning other MC’s and how those issues are addressed mainly depends on the MC’s involved. Smart MC’s that have been around for any considerable length of time know that the best way to handle issues is behind closed doors.

I was at a local bike night not too long ago with my buddy and neighbor who was wearing a novelty shirt that was given to him by his son for Christmas. The shirt has an iron cross in the middle, a top rocker with the name of his neighborhood and a bottom rocker with the name of the town that the neighborhood resides and MC on the right side. Again, the shirt is a novelty. It was custom made. There is only one and this is not a real MC. Think, SOA t-shirt.
We were approached by somebody who was wearing a 3pp asking about the t-shirt. After explaining that the t-shirt is a novelty and one of a kind and not an MC, we were told that he would "rip it off his back" if he saw it again.
Obviously, not wanting to tempt fate or cause issues, the shirt has remained in my friend's closet since then.
It’s very unfortunate if this really happened. MC’s that act this way in public give us all a bad name, especially when it’s spread like this through word of mouth and the actual events tend to get exaggerated or stuff added on that may or may not have actually happened to sensationalize the story.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:16 PM
DravenGSX
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sprtstr1200

Who implied that they were a 1%’er? I missed that. I never implied I am, neither did any of the other former or current patch holders like Pointman, Mi3, Leadbelly, Vaham, Twizted, crasha51 or Pococj. Frenchman….is retired 1%’er but he hasn’t chimed in one way or the other on it still happening or not. (Frenchman, sorry if I’m wrong on the retired part)
I'm not going to help you read. This thread is now 19 pages long and it's pretty clear to anybody that has paid attention. Perhaps I mistakenly mis-used the term 1%er and should've said something like "active member of an M/C that claims territory"?

Every area is different in the way that MC’s interact with each other. Texas being one of the rare states because there is so much harmony and support of MC’s amongst each other (Shout out to the Red & Gold and all founders and supporters of United Clubs). The MC communities in Texas all support each other and usually peacefully coexist, but the general public wouldn’t know even if things weren’t so peaceful because down here things are handled behind closed doors with little to no exception.

Each state has different issues they deal with concerning other MC’s and how those issues are addressed mainly depends on the MC’s involved. Smart MC’s that have been around for any considerable length of time know that the best way to handle issues is behind closed doors.
Based on comments in this thread and others, it's clear that things are very different in different parts of the country. Apparently, in my part of the country there is still some animosity that is resulting in a pretty tense atmosphere that is impacting civilians. We've been approached more than once for stupid s**t that we shouldn't have to worry about.

Interestingly, by two large, well known clubs that have been around for a very long time.

It’s very unfortunate if this really happened. MC’s that act this way in public give us all a bad name, especially when it’s spread like this through word of mouth and the actual events tend to get exaggerated or stuff added on that may or may not have actually happened to sensationalize the story.
If that's what helps you sort through it. Nothing was exaggerated. If anything, I didn't share portions of the story simply because I'm sure that what little I did share is probably frowned upon in this world that we're forced to play in. Like I said above, I think it really is a matter of different clubs and different mentalities in different parts of the country. And yeah, it's really unfortunate that we have to worry about novelty t-shirts that are Christmas presents from our kids.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Regardless of the nature or intent of the original post or some of the responses, I still get a chuckle out of some of the smart-***, tough guy comments. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. When a pack of one of the big 3 or 4 come rolling in, attitudes change, quickly.

It's actually funny to witness...loud mouthed weekend warrior all of sudden isn't so loud anymore and if you look real close you might even see the little dribble of **** falling out from the cuff of his pants.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:39 PM
coldboy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dothedoo
anybody else lol'n at the thought of a big, bad, mc having a "long talk" with a kid on a swimming team because of his vest?

Good lord.....3rd graders think that is immature.
i agree, sounds like a real tough bunch of guys.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still get a chuckle out of some of the smart-***
I like smart *** comments as long as it's all in good fun.

tough guy comments
Cant help ya there. Aint one, never have been.

dribble of **** falling out from the cuff of his pants.
Your pants have cuffs? Who dresses you?

Old 05-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Sprtstr1200
Road Captain

I'm not going to help you read. This thread is now 19 pages long and it's pretty clear to anybody that has paid attention. Perhaps I mistakenly mis-used the term 1%er and should've said something like "active member of an M/C that claims territory"?
I can read without your assistance, which is why I asked who implied they were a 1%'er because I didn't get that from anyone in this thread.

I'm assuming your talking about Mi3 who has NEVER implied, eluded to, made mention of or tried to take credit as being a 1%'er. I've been a member of a territorial MC for years, so has Mi3. Both of us know the difference between 1%'er and patch holder. You obviously do not. So please don't recklessly throw around terms you obivously don't understand.

Btw, this thread is only 5 pages if you change your settings.

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?