The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

This whole patch taking discussion thrives only because people believe the practices of 20+ yrs ago still exist. Can it happen, sure, but far less likely these days. There are two felonies associated with forcibly taking property that is not yours. Keyword forcibly. Clubs know this. The times I've been directly involved in collecting a patch(es) were entirely mutual agreement and no physical contact occurred.
Any club who collects their patch for whatever reason should do so privately and out of public eye. It would prevent this type of widespread assumption.

Last edited by Mi3ninos; 05-15-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Years ago not hrs ago
Old 05-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't believe one word that's been said on here.
Not even the ball sucking post?!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-09-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:40 AM
xtheunknown
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crasha51pan
You found the bar scene in Wild Hogs unbelievalbe? The gay cop scared me !
Just say'n.....
Actually, I found the bar scene extremely believable. What I found unbelievable was that they were so stupid as to walk in there in the first place.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:41 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos
This whole patch taking discussion thrives only because people believe the practices of 20+ yrs ago still exist. Can it happen, sure, but far less likely these days. There are two felonies associated with forcibly taking property that is not yours. Keyword forcibly. Clubs know this. The times I've been directly involved in collecting a patch(es) were entirely mutual agreement and no physical contact occurred.
Any club who collects their patch for whatever reason should do so privately and out of public eye. It would prevent this type of widespread assumption.
And there ya go.

One thing not mentioned so far is that if you're collecting a patch from someone in your own club, generally the patch is the property of the club. And like Mi3ninos said, it's a mutual agreement between the parties, it's done privately, and that's that!

Haven't heard of a club-on-club pulling in quite some time. Last time was several years ago, and it didn't turn out well for anybody; criminal charges against members of the one group, and loss of face/respect for the other. Seems to me nobody really won that one. And just to stir the stink, some LEO involvement happened on one of the club's parts. Everyone loses ...

Last edited by pococj; 05-15-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: cuz i allus wuntid two bee an edditer
Old 05-15-2012, 10:57 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Dilemma
Not even the ball sucking post?!
Don't ask. Don't tell.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:40 AM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So I guess your patched?
Nope. There is no patch on my vest. I swear.
Yep I am a typical guy so are many others that ride
You're making my point here. Seriously. You sound like there's plenty of guys with a wild west attitue out there. I think we all know that's not the case at all.
Keep that attitude and sucking on the ***** of patched riders if that's what you think is cool and see how far it gets you.
Muahahahaha. You're a riot, dude.
You should listen to your own words about too much blah blah from behind keys boards and stop watching SOA
Wait a second. I didn't write the 1911 bullshit. But you're right, buddy. I'm just a sissy. And you know what? I watch the show. It makes for a decent tuesday night distraction.
Besides your french so who gives a ****!
True! How dare I not be an american citizen and have an opinion! That's a scandal.
Do you think all bikers are bad?
Nope. but according to you, many are. Remember? Yep I am a typical guy so are many others that ride. So, if you are bad boy with a scary 1911, ready to kill, and you are typical, what does that make them. Oh wait, you said BIKERS... Do you know any?
My DD214 and service time tells me yes I am able and willing to protect myself and if that means the BG at the other ends winds up in a coroners bag so be it.
...And I know people who have been in the military who have never been on deployment, left alone a combat situation. They were mechanics, clerks, cooks, and so on. They have a DD 214 also. But wait, some of them don't even carry. Hmmmm, I'm confused now. So, a DD 214 automaticaly makes you a killing expert? Damn, I see that I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for enlightening me.
Now take a big drink of shut the **** up and go back to playing with yourself.
And here we go again with the internet tough guy attitude.
If the SEPA in your location means south east PA, then I'd suggest that you just come to Laconia and meet me there. You could tell me in my face that I'm a ballsucker, to stfu and to go play with myself. Be my guest.

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos
It still is customs to do it in Germany, France, Great britain, and most other european countries. You will just have to trust me on this, bro.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-09-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:01 PM
crasha51pan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"True! How dare I not be an american citizen and have an opinion! That's a scandal."
I don't think it had anything to do with not being American, it was about being French..

As for the group riding into that bar on Wild Hogs, whats so odd about that ? They were out in the middle of nowhere probably die'n for a cold beer. Most club houses or club bars have some marking, club colors and such. Most areas have a bar where the locals go to pound down a cold one, and there could be 50 bikes out front and not a Club Patch anywhere. I don't think I would have passed it up...guess you don't know until you open the door.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:17 PM
ACRblaze
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frenchman
Nope. There is no patch on my vest. I swear.

You're making my point here. Seriously. You sound like there's plenty of guys with a wild west attitue out there. I think we all know that's not the case at all.
Muahahahaha. You're a riot, dude.
Wait a second. I didn't write the 1911 bullshit. But you're right, buddy. I'm just a sissy. And you know what? I watch the show. It makes for a decent tuesday night distraction.
True! How dare I not be an american citizen and have an opinion! That's a scandal.
Nope. but according to you, many are. Remember? Yep I am a typical guy so are many others that ride. So, if you are bad boy with a scary 1911, ready to kill, and you are typical, what does that make them. Oh wait, you said BIKERS... Do you know any?
...And I know people who have been in the military who have never been on deployment, left alone a combat situation. They were mechanics, clerks, cooks, and so on. They have a DD 214 also. But wait, some of them don't even carry. Hmmmm, I'm confused now. So, a DD 214 automaticaly makes you a killing expert? Damn, I see that I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for enlightening me.

And here we go again with the internet tough guy attitude.
If the SEPA in your location means south east PA, then I'd suggest that you just come to Laconia and meet me there. You could tell me in my face that I'm a ballsucker, to stfu and to go play with myself. Be my guest.
Okay Frenchie don't get your your Guess jeans in bunch. I see the tough guy in you now. I must have stuck a nerve because that French arrogance is pouring out.

Obviously you must have googled DD214 since your French you would have know what it is. What does the fact some veterans don't carry have to do with the price of cheese in France?

"and here we go again with the tough guy attitude" Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? You make me laugh I look forward to your next post.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:29 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I usually am not arrogant. I am just arrogant towards you, because I am smarter then you. That was an easy one, huh?
And no, it is not the pot calling the kettle black. I just sent you a friendly invitation, that's all.
As for the DD 214, well, I am a member of this board since quite a while now, and did'nt have to google it. It is something that comes up fairly often now. And you wrote:
My DD214 and service time tells me yes I am able and willing to protect myself and if that means the BG at the other ends winds up in a coroners bag so be it.
Doesn't that mean that everybody with a DD214 and some service time is willing and able to blablabla?

BTW, I never claimed to be a tough guy. I'm just a regular average Joe, or in my case, a regular average Pierre.
I am glad to make you laugh. That's the effect I have on most shortbus kids.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:36 PM
ACRblaze
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frenchman
I usually am not arrogant. I am just arrogant towards you, because I am smarter then you. That was an easy one, huh?
And no, it is not the pot calling the kettle black. I just sent you a friendly invitation, that's all.
As for the DD 214, well, I am a member of this board since quite a while now, and did'nt have to google it. It is something that comes up fairly often now. And you wrote:
Doesn't that mean that everybody with a DD214 and some service time is willing and able to blablabla?

BTW, I never claimed to be a tough guy. I'm just a regular average Joe, or in my case, a regular average Pierre.
I am glad to make you laugh. That's the effect I have on most shortbus kids.
Certainly not the French, hell you guys welcome invading troops in and cater to them.

LOL @ SB kid...that was almost redneck humor. The best part is you talk you have served or even have an idea of what it's like too. I am even more impressed that you have been on the forum for a while, wow good for you! Even better your getting an education from it.

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?