The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a rider or a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:43 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckw2
Yes but when the two of them were confronted by a band of renegade Apaches Tonto replied to his question of "What do we do now" with "What you mean "we" white man?"
Tonto was union.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:10 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. I thought this thread died. Whoa, man....I was way off.

This thing has morphed in to a warped episode of Sesame Street; the letter today is "M".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TSl3JeH6qA
(thanks Cookie Monster, but you for got that "M" also stand for Moron).

Of course Moose bites hurt, but a moose-knuckle...

As for the new "Club" out of Spain; I too have sent mail. Sounds better than being a "Silent Skull" or a "Lone Wolf" member. Oh, one more thing....

Tonto was not Union, he was slave labor. Hence why ole "Kimosabe" wore a mask.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Tomz1178
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride in slacks and a collar shirts sometimes other times my jeans and leathers I could realy care less what I'm wearin and what others think off me. I'm not tryin to pass as a bad *** biker, for me its about the love of the ride.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:49 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

EEEEEEEKKKK!!!!!!!!!

The return of the son of the 'What is a Biker thread"

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2011, 04:08 AM
desert drifter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just a man on a motorcycle call me what you want......

Old 08-03-2011, 08:05 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Joboo1966
What it means to be a “Biker”.

Bikers march to the beat of their own drummer. Bikers do not dress like everyone else for the sake of fitting in. Most hardcore bikers will be seen in jeans or a vest be it denim or leather. A tee shirt is fancy dress. They tend not to wear sweaters or paten lather dress shoes and your die hard bikers wouldn’t know Dockers from khakis , they have tattoos, and piercings and they sport ripped jeans not as a fashion statement but as a rejection of the views or opinions of others, and bikers have been wearing ripped or torn faded jeans since long before old Navy and the likes made it a fashion statement and the mainstream attire of the status quos. And make no mistakes, they don’t care one little bit what anyone thinks about their attire. Other people’s insignificant and meaningless opinions will “not” be duly noted. Bikers are true individualists unique to themselves and the culture they identify with.

Hmmm. Bikers are individualists yet they are all very much the same. Seems to me if bikers truely were individualists it would be very hard to describe them.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:13 AM
bikenut1957
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,069 Likes on 701 Posts

Why is it so important to say that you are a biker. A motorcycle is nothing untill it is mounted and then rode. If you chose to wear leathers and the doo-rags, have pierced ears, eyebrows, ect. that does not make you anything. You have to feel the bike, become one with it, if you will. When you reach this level of awareness then you are a rider. Does it matter what you wear? No. Does it matter who you hang with? No. Poeple are going to accept you for who you are. Or not.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:32 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 08-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Jim Kraft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts

Since I have been around awhile, (70 years old), I have seen bikers atire go from starched shirts and tie's in the 40's, to just about anything. I really don't think how your dress or look makes you a biker or not. To me, anyone that rides a motorcycle is a biker. It don't matter if they only ride it once a month. When they are on it, they are a biker. I started riding my first Harley in 1954 when I was 14 years old. I wore engineer boots and a zipper black leather jacket, but it was riding the bike that made me a biker. I was the only biker in the small town that I lived in, but I don't think people treated me any different because I was a biker. OK, maybe the girls did. LOL

Old 08-03-2011, 09:19 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Kraft
Since I have been around awhile, (70 years old), I have seen bikers atire go from starched shirts and tie's in the 40's, to just about anything. I really don't think how your dress or look makes you a biker or not. To me, anyone that rides a motorcycle is a biker. It don't matter if they only ride it once a month. When they are on it, they are a biker. I started riding my first Harley in 1954 when I was 14 years old. I wore engineer boots and a zipper black leather jacket, but it was riding the bike that made me a biker. I was the only biker in the small town that I lived in, but I don't think people treated me any different because I was a biker. OK, maybe the girls did. LOL
^^^^^prob the best post in this whole damn thread

Quick Reply: Are you a rider or a biker?