The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013 | 11:18 PM
pardus
|
Cruiser
Default My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.

So I am sitting having do net with my wife on a patio at the local restaurant. I see this man trying to get his son to stand beside my bike and take a photo. He then tells his son to climb on it, the kid didn't want to and the dad was starting to get mad that the kid wouldn't. At this point got up and walked out across the street just as the kid had climbed on and started trying to rock it. I asked him what the hell he thought he was doing and get his kid off my bike. He didn't say anything just stared at me and smiled. The kid got off and bolted to his mom. WTF. Seriously, who does that. Does this happen to you guys very often. Maybe time to hook up a siren.

Old 06-28-2013 | 11:52 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member

You should have taken the time to "educate" his father. That man would never have forgotten a good education.

Old 06-29-2013 | 12:04 AM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member

I always hear stories like this, and I'm sure there's people that see nothing wrong with that type of behavior, but I can honestly tell you... I think my head would explode if it happened to me.

Or... I would get in some sort of trouble.

About ten years ago, I was at a small-town cruise night on Main Street. It had cooled off a bit and I headed back to my truck (gorgeous show truck, chopped 6", bagged and laying frame, etc, etc) for my jacket. As I rounded the corner. I see this lady in her 50's, leaning on my 55' F100, with her gawdy, oversized shoulder bag, bouncing off the bedside. I calmly walked to the passsenger's door, opened it and grabbed my hoodie out. As I shut the door, I proceeded to politely and calmly ask her if she would mind getting her "fatass and purse" off of my truck.

She reluctantly stepped back, and looked at me like I just tried sodomizing her. WTF is wrong with some people?

Old 06-29-2013 | 12:20 AM
Sharpie
Road Warrior

People are Self-Centered and seldom respect others. My pet peeve is People who don't think.

Old 06-29-2013 | 12:52 AM
InsomniaInc
Cruiser

Happens on my vintage Vespa all the ****ing time!

Old 06-29-2013 | 01:15 AM
AmmoLord
1st Gear

I don't think I could be so calm, I know with my cars i cant......

Old 06-29-2013 | 01:44 AM
Nubz
Road Warrior

My dad didn't even ride when I was a kid and he would have put his foot in my *** for even thinking about it.
Just like being at a car show(we went to a zillion of those together when I was real young) "ok to look but not too close".

Old 06-29-2013 | 02:03 AM
jjracecar
Stage III

Wow.! That really shows how inconsiderate the guy is when his kid even knows better. I hope it never happens again. Or to me for that matter. Sounds like ya handled it as classy as anyone could have ..

Old 06-29-2013 | 02:08 AM
jackstrr
Road Warrior

should have started feeling up his woman he thinks any property belongs to everyone!

Old 06-29-2013 | 02:16 AM
Pixiechitos
Road Warrior

Glad nothing got damaged. My worst fear is no someone sitting, it's someone standing the bike up, having the alarm go off, them panicking and dropping the bike.

Quick Reply: My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.