The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013 | 01:39 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Your or anyone's bike is a prop to him and people like him. It's there for their enjoyment, to do with as they wish...like a swing or a horse.

You're lucky you didn't have an unlocked car or he would have gotten in it and changed your radio stations. It would have been priceless to see his face, if your were 6'6", looked like a caveman, with 1%-er written all over you.

Old 06-30-2013 | 02:00 PM
elbohead
Road Warrior

I always ask if I can take a picture of a bike I like. I've had people look at me like I was crazy for even asking, I mean, what harm can a cell phone camera do, but I believe it's about respecting someone else and their property, period.

Old 06-30-2013 | 03:14 PM
tew3006
Intermediate

"Nobody who serves their country should be accused of being anything but selfless."

Every hear of Lee Harvey Oswald?
A former U.S. Marine who defected to the Soviet Union and told them he was a communist.

Old 06-30-2013 | 04:07 PM
JaySwear
Road Captain

And John Dillinger was in the navy briefly. Blah blah, you know what I meant.

Old 06-30-2013 | 08:38 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by elbohead
I always ask if I can take a picture of a bike I like. I've had people look at me like I was crazy for even asking, I mean, what harm can a cell phone camera do, but I believe it's about respecting someone else and their property, period.
Same here. People look at you kinda' funny when you ask, but it's only respectful.

Old 06-30-2013 | 09:02 PM
Allen Riggs
Tourer

Had one the first month I owned my bike. It was a coworker. I asked him who in the hell he thought he was raping my bike? Then I asked him if he planned to do the same to my wife! He got off of my bike and I explained proper don't ever sit on another man's bike etiquite to him. He then got some insta detail spray from the trunk of his car and asked if he could touch up my tank where he put his hands on her. I let him. She was shinny.

Allen

Old 07-01-2013 | 12:20 PM
Interceptor9C1
Cruiser

had that happen a couple weeks ago. Was about 2am at a bar, went outside with a few buddies so they could smoke. Sitting on the bench I glanced over towards my bike with a couple standing near it. Didnt think too much of it as it is a parking lot. Look over again and the guy is climbing on my bike with her taking a picture. So I got up and started walking over. I heard the girl say "Imagine if the owner walked out right now haha". To which i came up behind them and said "Yeah, get the **** off my bike." They instantly had the Oh **** look and the guy kept apologizing to me.

Im sure it happens all the time, just we dont ever see it. People anymore are morons.

Old 07-01-2013 | 01:04 PM
Kontankerous
Tourer

it all depends on which shoulder demon has the upper hand at the time. I've done both. I flat out knocked the **** out of a drunk and disorderly (frat ***s down for a beach trip) at a rally one time for pulling my bike up off the jiffy stand. He almost dropped it, but a buddy helped catch it before it did anything aside from fold up my peg. I just happened to be headed out for a smoke with some other brothers and when one rushes in and said some carrying on over at the spot where the bikes were parked. Needless to say, didn't end well for them. Especially after they thought it was funny, and i should **** off for being so egotistical over my scoot.

The other time we were at a restaurant during a ride stop and a boy and his father, much the same as this situation, but the father didn't force his son on it, the kid was only 4 or so and the dad plopped him on the seat. When I walked out, I politely noted, it would have been nice if a little respect was shown for other people property. The man apologized and I asked if he wanted a pic with him and his son. All worked out well.

It all depends on the situation.

Old 07-01-2013 | 01:19 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

So, we're at a car/bike show awhile back. My BIL, a real azzwipe by the way, has his bike in the show. We come back to the bike after walking around, to find this.....

What do you do? Granny was reminiscing about the old days. BIL just let her enjoy herself while her daughter took some pictures. He did end up with a little scuff on the rear fender from lifting her leg over. What are you gonna do?

Old 07-01-2013 | 03:18 PM
LSUTGRS06
Advanced

No **** there I was....Sitting at the Local Taco Cabana eating lunch one day with a few buddys after a long morning ride. I look out the window and what do I see? Some Slap Nuts dude decides he wanted to see what it feels like to sit on a Harley with his old lady standing by looking in awe. So of course I get up from my table and walk out to the bike to educate this man. As I approach my bike he quickly jumps off (I guess he knew he was wrong in the first place) and I ask him "What the hell are you doing SlapNuts"? His response was "I just wanted to see what it felt like on a Harley because I am thinking about getting one. So I ask his girl does she like Harleys too? She responds "I love the look and sound but have never ridden on one"

Well, I tell her to hop on the back and see what it feels like and I will start it up for her so she can feel the rumble between her legs. I then ask her would she like to experience a ride on some American Muscle? She agrees so I climb on and off we go. Well to make the rest of the story short...once we returned an HOUR later I had her number and the Boyfriend is now history.

Moral of the story..."Respect other peoples property because someone might just decide to put their hands on yours in return"

Quick Reply: My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.