The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013 | 07:07 PM
dcorkie2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
I always hear stories like this, and I'm sure there's people that see nothing wrong with that type of behavior, but I can honestly tell you... I think my head would explode if it happened to me.

Or... I would get in some sort of trouble.

About ten years ago, I was at a small-town cruise night on Main Street. It had cooled off a bit and I headed back to my truck (gorgeous show truck, chopped 6", bagged and laying frame, etc, etc) for my jacket. As I rounded the corner. I see this lady in her 50's, leaning on my 55' F100, with her gawdy, oversized shoulder bag, bouncing off the bedside. I calmly walked to the passsenger's door, opened it and grabbed my hoodie out. As I shut the door, I proceeded to politely and calmly ask her if she would mind getting her "fatass and purse" off of my truck.

She reluctantly stepped back, and looked at me like I just tried sodomizing her. WTF is wrong with some people?
Wanna Ride, I know just what you mean. A few years back when I worked at the shipyard (that's where our base was), I pulled in to a parking spot with my truck (not show quality, but my Comanche none the less). It has a hard (and painted) Leer tonneau cover. This douche bag gets out of the van next to me and puts his backpack on my cover! WTF?! So I get out of my truck and confront him (I'm usually a passive person, but...). I said something to the fact of "WTF, get your **** off my truck!" He just looked at me, didn't remove the item and looked back towards the back of the van. Then this other guy (who's back there) peeked around the corner and said what's wrong? Really, like he didn't hear me. I told him that the other guy put his backpack on my tonneau cover. He said, "oh, he doesn't speak English." Ah yeah, right...

Some people...I would have **** myself if it was my bike...to say the least. So I feel for the OP.

Old 06-29-2013 | 07:11 PM
interwoven
Cruiser

The bike getting damaged is the least of your worries when some a--hat does this.

Bike falls over, lands on the f----ard that was climbing on it and sends him to the hospital. A week after you get your bike back from the shop and paying the $1500 damage bill you get a letter from some sleazy attorney saying your being sued by said f---tard for his injuries he sustained climbing on your "Unsecured" bike. Not his fault for getting hurt. You should have had a device to prevent him from climbing on it therefor you are responsible for his injuries.

If the guy is dumb enough to climb on someone elses property he certainly will be looking to blame someone else for his stupidity.

Old 06-29-2013 | 09:52 PM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Deleted Post

Last edited by Dan89FLSTC; 06-30-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-29-2013 | 10:09 PM
Juan L

Originally Posted by 06Sporty75
"Defense" industry for 31 years?,, living off the public tit your entire life and you think your not a commi? that's what commi's do.
What?

Maybe he was building bombs or loading bullets. Maybe he serviced tanks or ran the rifle range at Fort Basic Training. Working for a defense contractor for 31 years IS NOT what communists do. It amazes me that many people don't even know what a communist is these days. I still remember. One is named Jane, another sits in the White House and still more make parts for our motorcycles.

While I don't agree with Dan89FLSTC that people are almost "entitled" to test fit my bike, or even make motorcycle noises while they bounce up and down on it, it really doesn't make him a communist, just a Nancy boy for not beating their butts.

Last edited by Juan L; 06-29-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-29-2013 | 10:20 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

For those that wouldn't get upset, can I mount your wife too?

I don't react too kindly to those who invade my private property.

Old 06-29-2013 | 11:10 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dan89FLSTC
No reason for start a confrontation, you never know who you may be dealing with.
As do they.

I call bullshit. I was raised old school... if it ain't yours, don't touch it. If you do, accept the consequences.

Old 06-30-2013 | 12:58 AM
lizard86
Tourer

I feel about it the same way as most people. If it ain't yours, dont touch it. I had a couple punk skateboarders drop my bike once. Caught it all on tape because my local watering hole has security cameras in the parking lot. Now, if i see someone even looking at my bike for longer than just a glance, i walk over and "assist" them with looking at it. I'm not aggressive about it however. Most people just want to say 'nice bike' or 'how much did it cost you?'.

Old 06-30-2013 | 10:53 AM
JaySwear
Road Captain

I'd like to apologize on the behalf of Maryland. Nobody who serves their country should be accused of being anything but selfless.

As for the bike? I'd be pretty upset. But I generally keep a cool head. I hope I'd be in a good enough mood to show them the bike. I was raised at race tracks and car shows. You don't touch what isn't yours. Ask the owner, etc. when I was 14 or 15 I was at a car show with a friend and he touched the door handle to an old Corvette. I yelled at him. People don't think about that stuff until its their property being played with.

Old 06-30-2013 | 01:14 PM
Uncle-Charlie
Novice

I have never had this problem, but my bike is far from show quality. It's an 89 and all original. Not the kind of bike that makes many people stop to look. I am not sure how I would react if someone was sitting on it or getting mad because their kid didn't want to get on it. I would probably have some respect for the kid and none for the father. I would not pull out my weapon, but would let them know I was not very pleased with it. Then hope to settle the event on a good note!

Old 06-30-2013 | 01:17 PM
Big_Redneck
Tourer

I was raised with the "Look but don't touch", and "If it aint yours, don't f*** with it". My dad woulda beat my a** if I messed with someone elses prop...ANYTHING for that matter lol.

Quick Reply: My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.