The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013 | 03:43 PM
HotIceHD
Road Master

That was not meant as an insult, but as a fitting for someone which seem to think that "what is mine is yours, and what is yours is mine".
I do work for living, and value private property.
If no laws protects a citizens property, what is he left with.
Say you see some random dude mess with your private property, what are you supposed to do?
You beat the crap out of him, and you are going to bleed because it is going to sue your a**.
An honest citizen would want private property protected by laws, in order to not become himself target of other laws.

Old 06-29-2013 | 05:26 PM
Big_Redneck
Tourer

Ya know, Im honestly unsure of how I would react in this given situation. No one is really sure how they will. We can all say "I'd do this..." or "I'd do that....", but, until faced with it, how do we know? I would hope I could be calm and collected if/when this happens to me. Oh, and Veterans, no matter what era or how long they served, are not Commies.....

Old 06-29-2013 | 06:13 PM
rscalzo
Road Warrior

lack of laws against this.
For what? Where they attempting of depriving you of the use of the bike? If damage occurs you have the option of a civil suit unless you have proof the damage was intentional. Then you can charge the kid.

I've never had anyone attempt it but maybe the Goldwing and Ultra was a bit intimidating for a small kid to climb on. But if I did witness it, it wouldn't get to the point of the kid climbing on before I commented.

Last edited by rscalzo; 06-29-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2013 | 06:14 PM
hhkiwi
Cruiser

It just happened to me last week. I had my bike (with all my luggage strapped onto the back) parked at the upper parking lot at the Hoover Dam to walk across the bypass bridge.

As I walk back to the bike I see a bus of what looked to me like tourists from China arrive and two guys march straight over to my bike, one sits on it and poses, and the other one takes photos.

I was really annoyed and shouted at the guys who took off in a hurry to join their group as I approached. Not sure if they actually understood what I said but they got the drift.

Few people would jump into a parked convertible car that's not theirs - why do they think it's OK to jump onto someone else's bike?? I don't get it.

Old 06-29-2013 | 06:19 PM
rscalzo
Road Warrior

what looked to me like tourists from China arrive and two guys march straight
over to my bike
As they supply so much of the bike these days they probably wanted to see the finished product....

Old 06-29-2013 | 06:23 PM
Juan L

Originally Posted by rscalzo
as they supply so much of the bike these days they probably wanted to see the finished product....
hahahahahaha

Old 06-29-2013 | 06:25 PM
hhkiwi
Cruiser

As they supply so much of the bike these days they probably wanted to see the finished product....
... I have no problem with them (or anyone else) SEEING the finished product. But as my mother always said you look with your eyes, not your fingers (or your butt...).

Old 06-29-2013 | 06:35 PM
HotIceHD
Road Master

For what? Where they attempting of depriving you of the use of the bike? If damage occurs you have the option of a civil suit unless you have proof the damage was intentional. Then you can charge the kid.
Sorry but I'd rather prefer not to wait for the damage to happen, when I perfectly know that when damage happens:

1) The dude will already be out of the way
2) I won't be looking at the bike while the damage is happening

Old 06-29-2013 | 06:38 PM
riiano
Cruiser

the way I feel about it is another man's Bike/Car is like another man's wife, You can LOOK, BUT DON'T TOUCH!

Old 06-29-2013 | 07:00 PM
pecka13
Intermediate

This thread made my blood boil just thinking about someone sitting on my bike.
I'd be pissed, people have to ask for permission.

Dont go up to a random parked bike and pretend it yours.

Quick Reply: My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.