The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013 | 02:24 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

The only person who sat on my bike without my permission is my mother-in-law. She didn't get a beating, because if Momma ain't happy, nobody is happy.
Here in the Midwest I don't see people sitting on other's bikes. Where do you live?

Old 06-29-2013 | 05:49 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

You can't fix stupid but it is possible to smack the rude out of someone. I wonder what the moron would have thought if you just opened his cage door and hopped in???? At least it sounds like the kid really didn't want to so he may have a chance in life, but his old man needs recalibrated in a big way. Kudos for keeping your cool in front of the kid, I would probably have lost it and said something that would have left him no choice except to take a swing at me.

Old 06-29-2013 | 07:44 AM
silverbullet2006
Cruiser

Now you all know why tigers eat their young.

Old 06-29-2013 | 07:50 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member

What a dip ****, I would have wanted to wipe that smile off his face

Old 06-29-2013 | 07:59 AM
Quik_Draw
Cruiser

A variation of that I have seen, at Daytona, is people trying to help others get their bikes up onto the sidewalk parking spots. Guy I only knew since we took off for the road trip was standing next to me as some stranger was trying to back his Ultra up onto or over the curb.

The guy with us reaches out and, grabbing the guy's backrest, attempts to heave the whole thing up on the sidewalk for the guy, dragging the running boards up the rider's shins (Feet in the little gap behind the fairing.) and almost knocked the whole thing over, rider included. Everything got sorted out and as my "Acquaintance" was bitching about the not so friendly response that caused from the rider, I flatly said "Unless someone ASKS you to assist, don't touch their bikes, Bro, they'll let you know if they want you to help.".

I'm sure the guy meant well, but, some things I thought were already unspoken rules you just know.

Old 06-29-2013 | 08:15 AM
tommythecat
Cruiser

I had my '70 Nova SS in a car show, some toddler with a ice cream cone "customized" my paint for me while its parents stood by. I grabbed the remainder of the cone away from the kid as he continued on. That's when the parents payed attention and confronted me about how I had no right to "touch" their baby.... Really???
At least it wasn't handfuls of gravel....

Old 06-29-2013 | 08:22 AM
ib5150
Elite HDF Member

As far as I know this has not happen to me yet, I think some people just assume they have the right to sit on other peoples property, If or when it does happen I hope I'm in a good mood and only words will be exchanged because the flip side will not be pretty.

Old 06-29-2013 | 09:58 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin
Veteran: Army

I think I'd run out and pull my pistol and start shouting "STOP THIEF". Put the person on the ground and call the cops.

Old 06-29-2013 | 10:16 AM
xxINKxx
Tourer

You didn't say something when you heard the dad telling the kid to climb on it? Man your a lot nicer/calm then me..

The only people who have wanted to sit on my bike so far were guys my age interested in buying one. But they asked if it was ok to see how they fit and gotten permission to even take a pic of the side of the bike.

Last edited by xxINKxx; 06-29-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-29-2013 | 10:18 AM
pardus
|
Cruiser

hehe, good stories. Probably should of "educated him", suppose if he wasn't a good and willing student, could of been an alternate education :P

Quick Reply: My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.