The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013 | 07:19 PM
acunn1
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FXDWG12
I haven't confirmed this, but I've been told that the owner of the bike could be held liable for this. I've go several "unsupervised" kidos in my hood. And they all want to run up to the bike when I drive up. I try to get her into the garage as quick as possible. But I don't have an "easy pass" system.
I have heard of this as well...people have been sued when someone touched their hot pipes....it is called an "attractive nuisance "

Old 07-27-2013 | 08:23 PM
dodo502
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BluBeaSSt
At a car show I had this lady lean against my Camaro with jeans on and I lost my ****. I yelled across the parking lot "What the **** are you doing" LOL
another F-body drive with a Harley too! I love it!

Old 07-29-2013 | 03:29 PM
Rockatansky
Advanced

I've seen the "take a picture on someone else's bike" thing before too, and I always thought a good way to deter that nonsense would be a simple little snap on device for the seat before you leave your bike in public.

Old 07-30-2013 | 10:00 PM
BP_street_glide
6th Gear

I always try to keep and eye on kids around hot bikes because non-riding parents are clueless.

Old 08-10-2013 | 03:13 PM
Nans94
Cruiser

I think someone would've gotten hurt ! I had something similar happen... my son and his wife and I were out bar hoppin one night, we come out to move on to the next place, I get on my bike and this crack head girl... gets on behind me !! I said WTF do you think you're doin? An she goes, ridin with you !! I told her to get her nasty *** off before I laid her clothes out with her in them... The nerve of some people I swear ! You can't fix stupid or crack heads......

Old 08-11-2013 | 07:20 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member

liek i tell my kids "look with your eyes not your fingers" never had anyoen just go ahead an climb on mine. stopped to fuel up one time and seen this kid maybe 5 or 6 with his parents oogling my bike heard him ask his dad if he could sit on it and surprisingly his dad told him no its not his so he cant. they where still outside when i finished paying so i hollered over to the kid " hey you, wanna get a pic on it come on over" kid looked at me liek i was santa on christmas morning.

Old 08-12-2013 | 09:01 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Dan89FLSTC
Yeah, just what we need, more stupid laws.

What if a Police officer sees a Dirty Harry wannabee pull a pistol just because someone sat on his precious motorcycle?

The offense is sitting on a motorcycle, not attempted murder...

The bike is parked in a public place, people will touch it and sit on it. They will hit it with car doors and shopping carts...
Aahhh...now I see the problem - you're from Connecticut, home of the first (and most government conforming) sheeple, and cops with uniforms that mimic **** styles.

I suppose if someone were to just walk into your home and start eating stuff from your 'fridge and pantry, sleep on a bed, try to borrow your car, ad nause, you'd just be fine with that? If you came out of the store and saw someone inside your vehicle, you wouldn't think they were trying to steal anything, right?

Old 08-12-2013 | 09:14 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by tar_snake

I suppose if someone were to just walk into your home and start eating stuff from your 'fridge and pantry, sleep on a bed, try to borrow your car, ad nause, you'd just be fine with that?
I call that my Son-In-Law and no, my wife won't let me shoot him either! ;-)

Old 08-12-2013 | 09:21 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
Seriously!
What the f**k has happened to the men in this country. Anyone who would not have slapped the **** out of the father should turn in their man card at once.

As one person posted, 'it's only a machine"... Seriously?
Grow a set of *****
Damn straight! +1

Old 08-12-2013 | 09:46 AM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member

I have taught my kids, to keep their friends away from my bike.
Two weeks ago, a guy I know was dropping his son off to play with my son. I was working in the garage and he saw my bikes, he comes over and says "can I sit on your bike?" and proceeds to jump on my FXR4. I moved quickly to catch the bike in case of a knock over, but he landed in the seat and no further trouble happened. I thought for about one second to verbally explain the proper etiquette regarding jumping on someones bike like that, but let it go. The poor guy is fighting cancer and it seemed to make him happy. He told me how he would like to buy an HD someday and he has wanted one for years. He had a big grin on his face. The bike was not damaged, so, no problem. That has been the only potential "get off my bike" incident I have had in years.

Quick Reply: My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.