The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013 | 03:30 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member

Not sure why but never needed my dad to teach me things like that just seems kind of obvious.

I came out of a market once and two black dudes were leaning against my truck like they owned it. I made a pretty big deal out of it. I think they got the point. And I was glad to help them understand my point of view.

Old 07-19-2013 | 03:47 PM
mag11581
Cruiser

bunch of years ago, i stopped by my sister's house after a ride. as i pulled up to the house, all the kids that were playing on her lawn came running up to the bike( couple of 6-8 year olds, mostly girls).
i told them they could look at the bike, but not touch it because it was
very hot and they could get hurt.
5 minutes later, little girl comes in the backyard crying.
she tells her mom that she got a little too close to the bike and burned herself. i went over and said that she shouldnt have gotten on the bike.
cries louder that she didnt and was just looking at it.
couple days later, i see the mom and she starts bitchin that her daughters leg is all blistered and she had to take the kid to dr.
told it was her kids fault, she climbed on the bike.
mom denies she did that. well i told her, how did she burn the INSIDE of her right leg? shut the mom up pretty quick.

saw the girl two weeks ago at a block party( about 6-7 years later) she still got a big round burn mark on the inside of her leg.

Old 07-19-2013 | 04:00 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I was at a truck stop in Barstow, Ca about 20 years ago with some friends and some Gal decided to pick her little kid up and stand him on the tank of his bike. He didn't seem to mind. At least not any more than she did when he came out the door and landed on the hood of her car.

Old 07-19-2013 | 07:01 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by akakillroy
Agreed! Violence never solves anything. Being in the real world you have to deal with real world problems and one of them is free will. Remember getting mad only hurts the one getting mad, or worse yet gets them jail time LOL.

I also agree it wasn't right for someone to assume it was okay to let their kid climb all over you ride. I would not have been happy either. It's hard to comprehend why there are those who don't give a rats *** about others property, but those are the ones who don't give a crap about their own stuff.

When bringing your toys out to play, there is always risks that they will get broken by someone else. I parked my brand new F150 Limited out in the south 40 at Walmart as I always do, not a single car around, to come out to find an old beater car part next to me with a nice new door ding in the rear quarter. Now did they person do that on purpose or was it an accident. Who knows.
Before cell phones wasn't much that a bit of properly applied violence didn't solve ........................

Like Rash said there's a big divide with different groups in here those of us who came up in struggling blue collar environments obviously learned a different set of rules than kids who got college paid for by the parents and have never had to climb to better oneself . Yeah it may be just a machine but it's MY machine stay the fuc off it .

Old 07-20-2013 | 08:52 AM
coltsfan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Before cell phones wasn't much that a bit of properly applied violence didn't solve ........................

Like Rash said there's a big divide with different groups in here those of us who came up in struggling blue collar environments obviously learned a different set of rules than kids who got college paid for by the parents and have never had to climb to better oneself . Yeah it may be just a machine but it's MY machine stay the fuc off it .
Cell phones that take video are scary.

Old 07-21-2013 | 07:22 PM
_Gir_
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by pardus
...I see this man trying to get his son to stand beside my bike and take a photo. He then tells his son to climb on it, the kid didn't want to and the dad was starting to get mad that the kid wouldn't...
Kid has more sense/respect than his father. Pathetic.

Old 07-22-2013 | 11:17 AM
2 Wheels Up
Cruiser

Did what you did and then waited to see where HE was parked and gone over and sat up on his car hood. Maybe he would have gotten the message.

Old 07-26-2013 | 12:40 PM
Djake
Advanced

I had this fat@$$ girl sit on the back of my Yamaha R1 one time without telling her it was okay or even knowing she was going to. I was faced straight ahead talking to a friend and she just plops herself on. And I was on it...while it was running...and the kickstand was up. Nearly tore my knee out trying to stop it from falling over. I might have said some politically incorrect statements to her afterwords.

Old 07-26-2013 | 12:56 PM
FXDWG12
Road Master

Originally Posted by mag11581
saw the girl two weeks ago at a block party( about 6-7 years later) she still got a big round burn mark on the inside of her leg.
I haven't confirmed this, but I've been told that the owner of the bike could be held liable for this. I've go several "unsupervised" kidos in my hood. And they all want to run up to the bike when I drive up. I try to get her into the garage as quick as possible. But I don't have an "easy pass" system.

Old 07-26-2013 | 04:34 PM
evolution 2
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Djake
I had this fat@$$ girl sit on the back of my Yamaha R1 one time without telling her it was okay or even knowing she was going to. I was faced straight ahead talking to a friend and she just plops herself on. And I was on it...while it was running...and the kickstand was up. Nearly tore my knee out trying to stop it from falling over. I might have said some politically incorrect statements to her afterwords.

HAHAHA I HEAR YA
the same night i got mine,and my drunk old friend wanted to ride it, well his cousin by marriage "she" was a friend of mine from younger days
well she comes over and said hey wow nice bike wow a real, harley yada yada, gimmy a ride well she now is as big as a small house, so i politely explained that motorcycles have weight limits "couldnt believe i said it", so i hinted towards my weight yada yada and that i couldnt afford new shocks from a dealer and i was sorry im serious i was in shock she even asked.
both us "her mostly" would not fit on any bike or trike poor girl i felt bad, but at the same time i was like are ya tarded?
sorry bout all the faces i thought it would help dramatize my explanation lol

Last edited by evolution 2; 07-26-2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: ma speellin wass wrong

Quick Reply: My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.