The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013 | 11:25 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
Throughout my entire life this has NEVER happened to me .... until yesterday! I even got a picture of it, for real. I was just about to back hand her right off my bike but suddenly realized she's my 87 year old Aunt that I haven't seen in 35 years. It was also her birthday. So I cut her some slack this time, but warned her that it better NEVER happen again or things will get real ugly, real fast. I'm pretty sure I can take her.

Damn those bratty kids!

Old 07-19-2013 | 08:42 AM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Popped a tweaker in the mouth for dicking around with my bike out in front of the local watering hole one afternoon , came out and buzzboy was bouncing on the seat jerking the handlebars around going , Vroom ! Vroom !

I didn't react well and he didn't see it coming . The father & kid , well daddy woulda got a rude earful .
Lmao.. Good! that's what some of these dip ***** deserve. Life lessons; some you learn the hard way and others come easy. Disrespecting another mans possessions, family or friends can be earn you a life lesson quick.

Where do you draw the line... next thing you know he's riding your old lady.
Just saying

Old 07-19-2013 | 09:15 AM
RaSh
Seasoned HDF Member

People are different today with regard to their expectations and presumed privileges.
Those of us that grew up in the 50's & 60's, and more so those that progressed out of a lower Blue collar environment no doubt see the biggest difference, but I believe that it is across the board.

It's a different society, and it must be what the majority wants, because they keep supporting those that make it so.

Old 07-19-2013 | 09:38 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member

I consider sitting on a person's bike the same as getting in their car. I'd never walk up to some strange car, open the door and sit in the driver's seat, so I don't expect some random stranger to do the same to my bike. I had someone do this to a Kawasaki ZR7 I used to own and it was someone I worked with. I was 17-18 at the time and I new him but that didn't stop me from yelling at him.

Old 07-19-2013 | 09:52 AM
akakillroy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dan89FLSTC
These type posts always bring out the internet tough guy posts, "If I were there I would have blah blah...."

It`s just a machine, if someone is trying to sit on it, politely tell them to leave it alone. No reason for start a confrontation, you never know who you may be dealing with.
Agreed! Violence never solves anything. Being in the real world you have to deal with real world problems and one of them is free will. Remember getting mad only hurts the one getting mad, or worse yet gets them jail time LOL.

I also agree it wasn't right for someone to assume it was okay to let their kid climb all over you ride. I would not have been happy either. It's hard to comprehend why there are those who don't give a rats *** about others property, but those are the ones who don't give a crap about their own stuff.

When bringing your toys out to play, there is always risks that they will get broken by someone else. I parked my brand new F150 Limited out in the south 40 at Walmart as I always do, not a single car around, to come out to find an old beater car part next to me with a nice new door ding in the rear quarter. Now did they person do that on purpose or was it an accident. Who knows.

Old 07-19-2013 | 10:46 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by akakillroy
Agreed! Violence never solves anything. Being in the real world you have to deal with real world problems and one of them is free will. Remember getting mad only hurts the one getting mad, or worse yet gets them jail time LOL.

I also agree it wasn't right for someone to assume it was okay to let their kid climb all over you ride. I would not have been happy either. It's hard to comprehend why there are those who don't give a rats *** about others property, but those are the ones who don't give a crap about their own stuff.

When bringing your toys out to play, there is always risks that they will get broken by someone else. I parked my brand new F150 Limited out in the south 40 at Walmart as I always do, not a single car around, to come out to find an old beater car part next to me with a nice new door ding in the rear quarter. Now did they person do that on purpose or was it an accident. Who knows.
Well, the issue with being a "nice guy" about it is that if something happens the offending party may ultimately try to pin it on you. If a little kid tries to climb up my bike after it's been sitting for 5 minutes and severely burns himself on it, I can just imagine their parents getting upset at me because of it.

Old 07-19-2013 | 01:05 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by perki48
OK Rich, now that I see the plane and your in Big Bear I just gotta ask. Do you know Rick Otto?
I do, we just did quite a bit of paint work on his C206 and got it looking like new. Rick's a really good guy!

Old 07-19-2013 | 01:22 PM
Bugspit
Cruiser

I was once in Ensenada in front of some dive bar. I saw a group of bikers from a National MC park all of there bikes there. I also witnessed an Asian man take his 7 year old kid and pick him up and put him on the bike to pose for a picture. I was like oh oh this cant be good! He left and no one except me and my friend witnessed it.

Old 07-19-2013 | 01:50 PM
Sauceman
Road Master

Old 07-19-2013 | 02:56 PM
MiniWolf

The assumption here is that if you ride a motorcycle you are tough and should start a fight because someone touched your motorcycle. Another assumption is that anyone who does not ride a motorcycle is a wimp and will be the one to get a serious beatdown when the fists fly.

As far as people chiming in and claiming they beat someone down because they saw them sitting on their bike, I call complete and total BS on this--mostly. I consider this just another fish tale, like throwing ball bearings and spark plugs, or using getback whips to smash windows of cars that are following too close, etc..

I don't doubt people have in fact physically confronted someone, but I would consider this the exception, not the norm. The avg guy I see riding a Harley is not exactly someone I would consider to be 'jacked'. Most people who ride today have probably never been in an actual fight outside of Junior High.

I would add the disclaimer that the above does not apply to past or present members of 1% Motorcycle Clubs. I am talking about the average Joe Q Rider you see on a bike on any given day. The avg harley riders I see is in their late 40's, early fitties, about 30 pounds overweight, out of shape, and would probably have a coronary from jogging a quarter mile. Owning a bike does not make you tough. Being tough makes you tough. You may in fact be the one who gets the beatdown if you start something you can't finish. Like the above cartoon, you might forget you are on the internet and say or do something that gets your *** handed to, instead of the other way around.

Last edited by MiniWolf; 07-19-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Quick Reply: My first "Get the hell off my bike" incident.