The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hows the ride from AZ to CA

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013 | 06:43 PM
jm074282
|
Advanced
Default Hows the ride from AZ to CA

just bought an 09 SG gotta go pick her up friday from AZ just debating if i should ride back or tow it .... chandler AZ to Southern CA Riverside ......

what do you guys think .... i know i know .... the debate on riders dont tow but hey i dont have that many hours of experience ...... long ride for me .....

should i rent/borrow a pickup and tow it with motorcycle trailer or throw it in the back of the truck

or RIDE it ???????????????????????????

anyone hows this ride any experience

Old 06-25-2013 | 06:49 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

I would wait to get more experience before traveling on the freeways in Calif.
The roads are ok but the drivers will kill ya

Old 06-25-2013 | 06:59 PM
jm074282
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by rooti
I would wait to get more experience before traveling on the freeways in Calif.
The roads are ok but the drivers will kill ya
i know its just something is telling me ride the **** ...not to mention other buddies with bikes saying just ride it and what better way to get to know your bike and the road then to ride it from AZ to home.... but i am kinda nervous and i hear you on traffic on the freeways people dont pay attention lord knows im not trying to go down...

also i dont have a truck and trying to save as many pennies on picking her up

so i been looking at rentals like enterprise and of course no hitches or towing packages come on rentals

any ideas on hauling her home?

Old 06-25-2013 | 07:06 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Dude ride the friggen thing , it's a no brainer ........................

Old 06-25-2013 | 07:16 PM
Jake911
Road Captain

Leave in the morning because it gets hot this time of year. Also, the sun will be at your back and out of your eyes. I don't think you will have "CA traffic" being your end point in Riverside. It's a nice ride.

Old 06-25-2013 | 07:20 PM
jm074282
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jake911
Leave in the morning because it gets hot this time of year. Also, the sun will be at your back and out of your eyes. I don't think you will have "CA traffic" being your end point in Riverside. It's a nice ride.
thats what i was thinking if i decide to ride ... jamming at like 5-6am just a lil nervous is all, longest ride, and tell you the truth my turns is what gets me a lil right now, i pull through them, just still a lil rough around the edges if you know what i mean ....... how much do you think it would cost to ride it gas wise ???

Old 06-25-2013 | 07:23 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

Ride it. The ride is long, hot and pretty darn straight. Drink a lot of water. Just picked up a bike in Vegas and rode it home. I would never consider trailering it. Trailers are for bikes that are broke down.

Old 06-25-2013 | 07:36 PM
jm074282
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hogpro
Ride it. The ride is long, hot and pretty darn straight. Drink a lot of water. Just picked up a bike in Vegas and rode it home. I would never consider trailering it. Trailers are for bikes that are broke down.
Vegas huh, nice!!..... what did you get?

and looks like its leaning towards that for me...
haven't been to AZ (Chandler) but i heard its pretty straight...i can feel the anxiousness pushing ... i wanna just do it now lol get it done.......

Old 06-25-2013 | 07:55 PM
JustOneDean
Road Warrior

Take a detour, go through the San Bernardino mountains on CA-74. You'll probably never want to get back off your bike.

Old 06-25-2013 | 08:06 PM
havaglide
Advanced

Let me tell you first hand i live here in lake Havasu today was an easy 110 degrees. i rode home from my shop to my house today and it's ****ing hot.Nothing cool about it.This weekend we are expecting 126 degrees if you are not used to this heat either ride in the wee hrs or get a trailer and tow it back to California where you will have some nice weather cause this AZ weather aint no joke if you are not used to it.

Quick Reply: Hows the ride from AZ to CA