The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like all the wallet bikers are back on the road.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 08:17 PM
TheAddiction
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a matter of fact I did softy! At the chapter meeting last month the other members said my 3 piece HOG patches looked to fresh and they could tell I was a newbie right away. One of the graybeards gave me the tip so I could blend in. It makes a hell of a racket but I think it's worth the trouble.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:23 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts
Old 05-26-2013, 08:38 PM
TheAddiction
Outstanding HDF Member

Nay, I have a Maytag they're indestructible.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:34 AM
primostoy
Tourer

Originally Posted by Elvira
Some of you act like people who enjoy motorcycles don't actually work for a living...in an environment that requires nice clothing, a clean cut appearance for business, etc. Just so happens, these careers are lucrative enough to allow said people the means to afford a nice place to live with those "3 car garages" (I've got one too, 2200 sq.ft. to be exact...it's a big as my ****ing house and I love it). It's a shame everyone doesn't ride a shovel, have a beard so long that it wraps around their face as they ride, and so many tattoos you can't tell their natural skin color. The world would be so boring if everyone were different right? NOT...different strokes for different folks. There is nothing enjoyable about riding a motorcycle when the temps are under 50 degrees...don't care who you are. Espcially if you have a truck or a hot rod to drive as well (cagers as some of you "real bikers" call us...give me a break...you act like it's a crime to drive something on 4 wheels and talk about them like they're minorities). It's a wonder why you people are outcasts to society...you ****ing ask for it by acting like this.

Ride what you wanna ride (HD of course!), wear what ya wanna wear, ride when you wanna ride, ride where you wanna ride, and do let any of the "real bikers" dictate how ya do any of it. There was a guy at bike night the other night that wore a tropical looking hawaian shirt, khaki shorts, and flip-flops. On a murdered out StreetGlide tucking a 24. Badass bike, and very knowledgeable guy who chose to do things the way he wanted to. It's a shame he didn't wear his 25 year old MC vest with all the pins, patches, etc. Grow the **** up people.

I fall under this dumbass wallet biker category. I'm 25, bought my first bike a year ago (it's a crying shame a boughht a harley instead of a crotch rocket....right), and just so happens bought a lot of HD clothing at the same time. Didn't have a NEED to wear leather before. Didn't have a NEED to wear HD shirts before (wasn't my hobby, now it is and I support whatever I'm into). But now I do wear this stuff and I wear it often. I'm still the same person, just with a different interest which just so happens to be HD motorcycles. Crucify me for it. And yes, I also trailer my bike to Bike Week as well, hammer me for that too. Why? Bc I can afford a truck and a nice 3 bike trailer to haul the toys in. Suck it!
Hahaha....that's funny Elvira, I haven't looked it up but I wonder is the OP is the same one who started the tread back in the fall about 'Looks like all the wallet bikers are gone for the winter', probably was. I agree that riding in weather below 50* can be uncomfortable, and if that means I'm a wallet biker so be it, but let me give you my opinion, there was a time when my bike was all I had and I did have to ride it in some really cold and bad weather to get to work, well I don't have to now, and to those who has a nice car or truck with a good heater in it but choses to ride their bike in the rain or temperature in the teens, good for you, but my opinion is that you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer............and while I'm at it, 'Happy Memorial Day to all'.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:41 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by primostoy
Hahaha....that's funny Elvira, I haven't looked it up but I wonder is the OP is the same one who started the tread back in the fall about 'Looks like all the wallet bikers are gone for the winter', probably was. I agree that riding in weather below 50* can be uncomfortable, and if that means I'm a wallet biker so be it, but let me give you my opinion, there was a time when my bike was all I had and I did have to ride it in some really cold and bad weather to get to work, well I don't have to now, and to those who has a nice car or truck with a good heater in it but choses to ride their bike in the rain or temperature in the teens, good for you, but my opinion is that you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer............and while I'm at it, 'Happy Memorial Day to all'.
I think you're a pansy *** wallet biker. I don't care if it's a bit cool outside, as long as the roads are clear I go. Always have.

Btw, I remember on occasion, the temps were in the range of -30 to -35, we had some trouble starting the bikes for practice, but once we got one going we just used a tie strap and bump started the others. I remember that race because it was the first time I was racing Open Expert class. And because of the temperature some of the top guys didn't show and I took home the first place trophy. Back in the ice racing days.

Oh I should mention that most folks sat in their cars with their heaters running complaining about the cold when we were out racing. lol.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:33 PM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by _Daswine_
Sorry to hear you have problems with people with money. Its not our fault we're not mechanically inclined to change oil, fluids or whatever the mechanics do. Not our fault our schedule is a bit more hectic then sitting around drinking beer in our garage talking **** about "rubs" or "wallet bikers" or whatever ridiculous term you have made up. Sorry we have a more complicated life then figuring out if if were gonna have milk with our cereal. Sorry if our job consist more then asking if you "want fries with that".

It's a shame you cant accept man for all their faults, isn't all about riding, the open road, wind in our hair, the bugs in our teeth? To bad your so narrow minded that you cant see past your own stereotype....... Not all men are like you, we have all of our teeth and and a dental plan. So the next time your wrenched bike is broke down on the side of the road I'll ride by on my tech serviced bike and wave......

now, you sound like an *******.... good job for reinforcing stereotypes...

Old 05-28-2013, 03:35 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by jakenok
now, you sound like an *******.... good job for reinforcing stereotypes...
Be nice. He has to live in Fresno. Id shoot myself before living in that armpit of a town.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:24 PM
primostoy
Tourer

Originally Posted by zeus33
I think you're a pansy *** wallet biker. I don't care if it's a bit cool outside, as long as the roads are clear I go. Always have.

Btw, I remember on occasion, the temps were in the range of -30 to -35, we had some trouble starting the bikes for practice, but once we got one going we just used a tie strap and bump started the others. I remember that race because it was the first time I was racing Open Expert class. And because of the temperature some of the top guys didn't show and I took home the first place trophy. Back in the ice racing days.

Oh I should mention that most folks sat in their cars with their heaters running complaining about the cold when we were out racing. lol.

ohhhhhh....that really hurt my feelings, hahaha

Old 05-28-2013, 08:46 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by zeus33

were you running the screw studs or those nasty *** spiked tyres that ahd welded cages over them. They threw a roostertail of ice to make ice cones

Old 05-28-2013, 08:48 PM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 29,184 Likes on 9,689 Posts

Well, I was in the Army 9yrs and currently work in a coal fired powerplant gettin dirty. I ride everyday, rain or shine, but I do not ride in the cold. Don't care what ya say, but I have NEVER liked the cold and it's no different on the bike.

Quick Reply: Looks like all the wallet bikers are back on the road.