The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:54 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
Jeeez... thought I logged inta the LUST channel......
Tha next to the showdown thread??

Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

painted it meself

Old 01-28-2013, 10:57 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter616
I'd like to do something important like being a mod...
Yer gonna need an AFRO!

Attached Thumbnails Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part IV-modsquadjpg.jpg  
Old 01-28-2013, 11:00 AM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hagger
Aughta be chowin me somethin pretty quick.

Cool.

I was just kiddin. I don't think your finger would fit in there.

I've only interacted with GG & Terry. Oh, & the guy down in Mexico. What's his name? He's got a great lookin bike & family. They seem pretty cool.
Yeah, they are all really nice strait up people.

Just noticed your a Mod, Eve????
wow

hagger, strained a moosle last week in the back, have my 5 month appt with doc this week........gonna talk to him
Herb, slow and steady! Hope you feel better!
Oh, and yes, I am!!

I'd like to do something important like being a mod...
You did already, you were a firefighter

Old 01-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by EveHD
That does work both ways Oldy. Those with the deeper pocket can fight longer while the other can't. Just saying....
I was trying to say fighting it doesn't always help, just drives the cost & loss up even more. I can understand part of the Minnesota legal view, try to keep the weaker spouse out of the welfare system, but often they just end up with two people in it instead. Bankruptcy after divorce ain't that unusual. Divorce usually isn't about winning, it's about how bad are you going to lose, and that's on both sides.

Gotta live with a woman for 10 yrs before even considering getting married, then...maybe.
I ain't ever gonna consider marriage again. Unless you're planning to raise some kids, don't even see any use for it any more. When you aren't married, but staying together, gotta be nicer and more committed to each other, otherwise one of em can just walk away. Actually, being married makes it easier for splitting up sometimes; one of the couple can have a financial incentive, walking away with half of what the other will make for the rest of their life. That divorce sure didn't cost my ex anything.

Originally Posted by krwould
Pffffttt... most states 7 yrs common law... good luck widdat.....
Wud be nice if Minnysota had that; a year or two after, ex got a guy friend, now they live together, but she ain't gonna get married, that wud stop the support checks. Couple years ago my daughter tol me her mom oughta thank me for the European vacation - that's just how she put it, too. Wish I cud afford one of those... Could be worse, without the guy friend, I'd have probably got a notice I had to pay more.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:07 AM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Many people mistakenly believe that a couple has a common law marriage after living together for a certain period of time. Living together for a long period of time may help to demonstrate the couple's agreement to be married, but the law does not require a specific time period.

Putz.
All depends on the state my friend....The laws differ from state to state.....and if your live in decides ta get ya in court....before a jury....Good luck with that, no matter what state you are in.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:08 AM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
I was trying to say fighting it doesn't always help, just drives the cost & loss up even more. I can understand part of the Minnesota legal view, try to keep the weaker spouse out of the welfare system, but often they just end up with two people in it instead. Bankruptcy after divorce ain't that unusual. Divorce usually isn't about winning, it's about how bad are you going to lose, and that's on both sides.

I ain't ever gonna consider marriage again. Unless you're planning to raise some kids, don't even see any use for it any more. When you aren't married, but staying together, gotta be nicer and more committed to each other, otherwise one of em can just walk away. Actually, being married makes it easier for splitting up sometimes; one of the couple can have a financial incentive, walking away with half of what the other will make for the rest of their life. That divorce sure didn't cost my ex anything.

Wud be nice if Minnysota had that; a year or two after, ex got a guy friend, now they live together, but she ain't gonna get married, that wud stop the support checks. Couple years ago my daughter tol me her mom oughta thank me for the European vacation - that's just how she put it, too. Wish I cud afford one of those... Could be worse, without the guy friend, I'd have probably got a notice I had to pay more.
Very good Moldee.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:09 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

I could really get use to this do nothing ****......

Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 AM
hagger
Banned

Originally Posted by gs34doc
All depends on the state my friend....The laws differ from state to state.....and if your live in decides ta get ya in court....before a jury....Good luck with that, no matter what state you are in.
I donno doc. I'm no lawyer. But...

THE MYTH: There is a common misperception that if you live together for a certain length of time (seven years is what many people believe), you are common-law married. This is not true anywhere in the United States.
STATES THAT RECOGNIZE COMMON LAW MARRIAGE:
Only a few states recognize common law marriages:
Alabama
Colorado
Georgia (if created before 1/1/97)
Idaho (if created before 1/1/96)
Iowa
Kansas
Montana
New Hampshire (for inheritance purposes only)
Ohio (if created before 10/10/91)
Oklahoma (possibly only if created before 11/1/98. Oklahoma's laws and court decisions may be in conflict about whether common law marriages formed in that state after 11/1/98 will be recognized.)
Pennsylvania (if created before 1/1/05)
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Texas
Utah
Washington, D.C.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:18 AM
hagger
Banned

IF YOU LIVE IN A STATE THAT DOES RECOGNIZE COMMON LAW MARRIAGE: If you live in one of the above states and you "hold yourself out to be married" (by telling the community you are married, calling each other husband and wife, using the same last name, filing joint income tax returns, etc.), you can have a common law marriage (for more information on the specific requirements of each state, see next page). Common law marriage makes you a legally married couple in every way, even though you never obtained a marriage license. If you choose to end your relationship, you must get a divorce, even though you never had a wedding. Legally, common law married couples must play by all the same rules as "regular" married couples. If you live in one of the common law states and don't want your relationship to become a common law marriage, you must be clear that it is your intention not to marry. The attorneys who wrote Living Together (additional information below) recommend an agreement in writing that both partners sign and date: "Jane Smith and John Doe agree as follows: That they've been and plan to continue living together as two free, independent beings and that neither has ever intended to enter into any form of marriage, common law or otherwise."

IF YOU LIVE IN A STATE THAT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE COMMON LAW MARRIAGE, there is no way to form a common law marriage, no matter how long you live with your partner. There is one catch: if you spend time in a state that does recognize common law marriage, "hold yourself out as married," and then return or move to a state that doesn't recognize it, you are still married (since states all recognize marriages that occurred in other states). However, this is murky legal territory and we don't recommend experimenting with it!

Quick Reply: Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part IV