The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:54 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by coastie56
Mornin Eve, TC, Hag, Diction and any I missed. Sad news this morning. Detroit may be the largest city to ever file bankruptcy according to the news. A very sad reflection on the state of American industry. The auto industry is generally credited with creating the middle class. More citizens falling out of it every year but what really scares me is the incalcuable damage that will be done to the economy as more boomers retire without the safety net of a funded pension plan or health care coverage. People who try to survive on 1200 bucks a month and have to choose between meds or food don't have any funds to spend on discretionary purchases and therefore pay little or no taxes to support the infrastructure. It's a very scary downward cycle when once productive folks drop off the financial grid as they enter their senior years. And it is compounded by the fact that there's no manufacturing industrial jobs for the Gen Xrs to walk into. Clearly trickle down economics is an abysmal failure.
Don't worry we are keeping the machine shop's here in the mitten state busy.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:00 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

........Good Morning . Its still here , didn't Melt last Night ...

Old 02-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Banned

Yelp looks like snow, mite as well enjoy it. Go throw a snow ball at your neighbor never no when you will get a chance to do it again.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:02 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

All the gay, effeminate, and bimboesque talking heads on CNN are making fun of Biden for telling folks to use a 12 gauge for home defense instead of an assault rifle. I've got more years handling weapons than their whole panel combined and he is exactly right. Pseudo intellectual men and emotionally irrational females need to shut the F up unless they have actually been trained in firearms handling. I was trained in the use of a 12 gauge my first month in the military as were most of the guys I know in SE Asia. Anybody who doesn't run at the sound of a 12 gauge racking in a home they're breaking into is too stupid or insane not to be removed from the gene pool forthwith.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Banned

......Paul Harvey... good day!

Old 02-20-2013, 10:20 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Today is one day im glad not to be riding the scoot. Black ice the whole way to school. Accidents everywhere!

Old 02-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Kristy1980
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by coastie56
All the gay, effeminate, and bimboesque talking heads on CNN are making fun of Biden for telling folks to use a 12 gauge for home defense instead of an assault rifle. I've got more years handling weapons than their whole panel combined and he is exactly right. Pseudo intellectual men and emotionally irrational females need to shut the F up unless they have actually been trained in firearms handling. I was trained in the use of a 12 gauge my first month in the military as were most of the guys I know in SE Asia. Anybody who doesn't run at the sound of a 12 gauge racking in a home they're breaking into is too stupid or insane not to be removed from the gene pool forthwith.
I dont have formal weapons training, but I know enough to grab the 12g and a handful of #1 buck shot when in doubt. I dont need any talking heads telling me how to do it.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kristy1980
I dont have formal weapons training, but I know enough to grab the 12g and a handful of #1 buck shot when in doubt. I dont need any talking heads telling me how to do it.
In home defense a .22 to the groin for the first shot is nice, that way you can let them know who's house they broke into. The look in a person eye's when the realize they F'd up is kinda cool. Then you dust'um.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:49 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,631 Likes on 2,734 Posts

Gonna be a busy day, sure glad it ain't snowing today, gotta make an airport run. Ain't too far behind, mebbe I can browse through real quick

Originally Posted by TheAddiction
Drove a drop top Triumph Spitfire around a lot in the cold and rain when I was stationed on Whidbey Island. Those little cars are fun but maintenance and parts.......
Hadda 65 Spit ragtop, couldn't corner too fast, rear inside tire would lift & you'd just slow down till it caught pavement again. Front tires would last a couple thousand miles, was fun pushing the corners. Ever have the U bolts holding the rack & pinion against the front crossmember loosen up? Gets real excitin real quick...

Originally Posted by scoteh
Parts are pretty accessible, and for the most part not expensive, but the fact that I have to buy a lot of them is sure a pain! That and the tow trucks!
When I had the Spit and later a Harold, J.C. Whitney was my friend. Never hadda get a tow, but then I wasn't silly enuf to go anywhere without a tool kit. Dint say I always got home on time...

Originally Posted by soft 02
Need a little lolita?
Usually don't stare at wide rumps, but there's jus sumptin appealing about this one...

Old 02-20-2013, 11:51 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TheAddiction
Puget Sound, between Seattle and Vancouver Canada. There is a Naval Air Station there. Use to fly A6E Intruders out of there but I think it's mostly P3C Orions and EA6B Prowlers now.
Ah! Plan on riding to Seattle this summer, amongst other places yet to be decided. Cars don't squeak up that way, as they are always lubricated by rain.

Quick Reply: Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part IV