The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where is PETA when they are needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012 | 09:43 AM
Chunker
|
Road Warrior
Default where is PETA when they are needed

I recently bought some new slippers to keep my feet warm on these bitterly cold morning and this morning saw a tag inside one that said "Faux Fur". Had I known that fauxes were used I never would have bought them. What kind of treatment does a faux get before someone snuffs it's life out just to make feet warmer? How many faux, not sure if the plural is fauxes or what, had to die for a pair of slippers. I'll have to admit I really don't know how big a faux is so perhaps many were slaughtered.

I am going to write the PETA national headquarters and demand they investigate this. I think one of their nude protests would be helpful too. Join me in this crusade.

Old 12-23-2012 | 09:58 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Yea its getting bad. I try to by man made materials when I can. I had my shop truck seats done recently and just figured the cheapest material woulda been safe but when I read the tag apparently they are still killing nauga's. I feel bad every time I get in that truck and if its real quiet you can hear em cry....

Old 12-23-2012 | 10:04 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member

You know, they have big Nauga farms in China. It horrible how the poor naugas are treated.

Old 12-23-2012 | 10:10 AM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior

Don't forget the Corinthians also.
They are now extinct because of the fine Corinthian leather used in Chrysler interiors of the 70's and 80's.

Old 12-23-2012 | 10:22 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Default Open Season On Fauxes

Isn't it open hunting season on fauxes? I believe that the overpopulation explosion as of recent for fauxes has led to a lifting of the ban on faux hunting! Just a word of warning, they are some nasty critters and will attack you when cornered. They have been known to slip themselves over your feet and cause excessive sweating, line you coats and cause unbearable itching and in general trick you into thinking that they are the real deal so you won't shoot them.

Old 12-23-2012 | 10:29 AM
gerjets
Road Master

You know, I think there is a Faux farm nearby. Don't see many of the poor little guys around so I'm guessing they slaughter them underground. Maybe I should call PETA - looks like they were shaving this one and it luckily got away.

Attached Thumbnails where is PETA when they are needed-100_0116.jpg  
Old 12-23-2012 | 12:27 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member

Oh the horror, the horror! Won't somebody do something? Where's Sally Struthers? Wait, she eats kids right? Probably find someone better than her.

Old 12-23-2012 | 01:05 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Anyone remember Mercedes had their own species? MBtex. I think they're extinct now. I had a 190E once with MBtex. All I can say is I didn't care how many MBtex were killed. That stuff was primo.

Old 12-23-2012 | 01:51 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member

i saw a home improvement show where they were doing some faux painting on an accent wall.
saw where they were using it in the new math...being the number after 3.
golfers also holler faux when they hit an off-line shot.
most be plenty of fauxes around--being used for everything.

Old 12-23-2012 | 01:57 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Heck, we had faux turkey for thanksgiving. Might have faux ham for our faux Christmas. That's all faux now.

Quick Reply: where is PETA when they are needed