The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bikes in american chopper the revenge

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012 | 11:03 PM
beakerztoyz
|
Tourer
Default bikes in american chopper the revenge

So I'm sure UNLIKE me a lot of y'all have cable, and I'm sure some of ya checked out the american chopper revenge show tonight.

After much searching online to find pictures of the 4 bikes I was pretty surprised what everyone built. In my mind there's no doubt Gas Monkey's wins!!!

what do y'all think?

Old 12-10-2012 | 11:25 PM
Double Trouble
Cruiser

I think gas monkeys built a bike right out of a catalog. Nothing special about it. None the less I do like it, clean and simple, but nothing special or truly custom about it. Besides that whole group is a bunch of *** bags. All the bikes have some neatness to them. As far as a full out builder Jesse wins hands down. He is the only one out of all them that can actually do almost all of the build, design, assembly him self, there is no denying it. The only reason some one else will win the build off is becuase somany people do not like Jesse, it is not being judge by real engine guys or actual builders, but rather reg people that have no idea other then what looks the best to them. Jesse might be cocky, but he can do it all, thats fact..

Old 12-10-2012 | 11:47 PM
beakerztoyz
|
Tourer

I will point out that the reason I like gas monkey's bike is because it looks like an actual bike I might ride, I was really hoping that Jesse would build a kickass chopper with a panhead or something, he is in fact probably the best builder there but what he built is just not the style of bike i like

Old 12-11-2012 | 09:36 AM
taygull
Tourer

I think it is "cool" that Jesse can build things with his own two hands, I also think it is cool to see the technology and creativeness that has gone into "SR's" bike, "JR's" bike follows the his style of doing "theme" bikes and sure I might not want it as a daily rider but if I'm a collector (which if have no problem with) I think it is very neat. The Gas Monkey bike is very traditional and would be my favorite to ride on a daily basis.

As far as which one I would vote for I'm really not sure..I don't think it would be Jesse's because it just looks funky, to tall for the length and sure it is "cool" that he built it with his hands but at the end of the day it wasn't about who can do the most without CNC machines or fewer people...it is about what "I/We" like and what we think is cool. I'm probably leaning towards "SR" mostly because I thought building the frame from scratch and the styling of the bike (which is not my style" is pretty neat. I like Gas Monkey's bike and I "get it" with building a real bike but I just don't think it has enough uniqueness to win a so called "bike build off"...

So which one am I voting for...who knows....

Old 12-11-2012 | 11:08 AM
Lakerat
Road Warrior

Anyone have a link for the pictures of the bikes?

Old 12-11-2012 | 12:15 PM
captbom1
Cruiser

I vote for Paul Sr. great technology and vision not my style bike but def a one of akind, Jr has a nice bike but those theme bikes are tired... jesse james should have been disqualified... Gas monkeys-love the remake but looks like you'd see at your local bike night !

Last edited by captbom1; 12-11-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-11-2012 | 12:22 PM
taygull
Tourer

I agree on Jesse...but I think what he will find is even the above average joe could give a damn about how "cool" he goes about doing things..yea..it is neat to watch..but in the end it is about does the bike look bad ***, functional and something I'd enjoy riding...Jesse's does not look like something I'd enjoy riding...

Old 12-11-2012 | 12:59 PM
Glidedsternfan
Road Captain
Default Ok, here goes, my .02 worth.

I've watched American Chopper for a long time, I don't know why, Sr. is a loon and Jr. is a tool. Together they just make too much drama. I like to watch people build stuff, I guess maybe that's why I watch them.
I've been watching the the Fast and Loud show for much the same reason but it's also cool to watch them breath life into some bucket that's been sitting in someones lean-to for 25 years even if all they do is wash it, get it running and flip it.
I've watched JJ for quite a few years starting with his first Motorcycle Mania show leading into a few others and then on to Monster Garage. I stumbled across a show he did recently about learning the art of blacksmithing. It was on a Saturday morning not too long after his life became a tabloid gold mine.
Anyway, I think that JJ and Sr. have really stepped outside their comfort zone building motorcycles that are more sport bike than chopper. Both heavy on fabrication and uniqueness. I really, really like JJ's 120in prototype HD engine.
Jr. has stuck with what he know best, theme bikes. However this time, thankfully, has stuck with more grounded modes of transportation for his theme as opposed to his airplane themed monstrosity displayed and fawned over at last years build-off. Personally, I kind of like this years theme. I like the flat black paint, the 30's style grillwork, the red, laced wheels and the pin stripes are icing on the cake. One more improvement over last years entry, a gas tank that'll hold more than a gallon of gas. However, I think he should have gone with a different engine. Using the same old Indian crate motors that leave his shop, in one form or another, wasn't Biker Build-Off worthy. A modernized knucklehead would have been more in tune with this years submission.
Now for the Gas Monkey effort. I like the fact that it's roots can be traced back to Milwaukee. I like that they have, once again, breathed new life into something that no one else would have been willing to tackle. I even like that they kept the last owners name for the bike, Fred. What I don't like, rideability. While the gas tank appears to be able to hold more than a single gallon of fuel, is it enough for a touring bike, even an older one. And the ghastly color! Was this really on the HD color pallet when the motorcycle was new? Gawd I hope not! I really like the hidden control wiring and cables in the handlebars, but I don't like that there is no front brake.
Who would I vote for? The jury is still out.
Stay tuned!

GSF

Old 12-11-2012 | 01:07 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Wait JJ didn't show up for work he aint built much and will it make it a round the block when his groupies get around to building it.
Yea I looked last night was on the way to bed it was on so I sat down. IMO JJ is out he didn't even try to get it done on time. I suppose he needed the time to get some more ink.
JR like to see it when it is done the wheels look sharp
Sr milled frame interesting May be sharp when done and functional
None of course are bikes I would want but art is sometimes nice to look at.

We need to sit JJ up with a forge and anvil at the fair he could sell custom made knifes with tribal art on them. Give him some hot chick to work the bellows he'll draw a crowd sell some knifes

Last edited by smitty901; 12-11-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-11-2012 | 01:54 PM
PhoneGuy-MI
Tourer

1 - That gas monkey bike was butt ugly and had zero inovation.
2 - Mr. Cheat on my wife and all about drama. Nice looking ride but only saw it sitting on the table so I don't even know if it will start/run. No opinion until the thing starts.
3 - Paul Sr. Freaking awesome bike. I wish they could have done more with just 1 solid piece of aluminum but love the bike except for the way the front end looks.
4 - Paul Jr. What can you say, the guy has style and knows how to design a bike.

So far, if a gun was held to my head and I had to pick 1 out of the 4 bikes to ride for the rest of my life, I would have to go with Paul Jr.

Quick Reply: bikes in american chopper the revenge