The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bikes in american chopper the revenge

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012 | 08:09 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior

I will actually give the Gas Monkey guys some leeway with their trash-talk for one reason.....they're not bike builders.

The others all have 10+ years of experience or more in doing one thing: building/fabricating custom bikes. Yet the GM guys brought a bike that was just as soundly well built (if not as off-the-wall custom fabricated).

So, skill in proportion to experience, they brought as much to the table as anyone else.

Old 12-15-2012 | 09:09 PM
xracer110
Road Captain

gm was cutting on the chopsaw in the parking lot, some dont like their bike but if they threw some question marks on it and made a indian larry tribute they would of won easily.

Old 12-16-2012 | 07:17 AM
runnhrd
Road Master

I stopped watching the show a few months ago when they were doing crazy stuff again.. I just looked at the pictures and the short video clips on line. I look at it this way. I like the bike I can get on and RIDE for hours! I dont want something that I can run 30 min then have to go back home!! Jr ride on to the event looked like if you had to move in a parking lot you were done and long ride,, no way. SR that isnt a chopped or bagger,,, JJ nice work and old school,, and Fast and Loud just nice,, remake of a bike that can be ridden.. that is all!

Old 12-16-2012 | 07:59 AM
stmpulr
Cruiser
Default BUILD OFF (the fix was in)

Remember this is just my 2 cents.
Putting aside the personalities of the builders and whether you like them or not.
I think that the extreme quality and manufacturing (build)
had to go to, in this order,(1) OCC and Paul Sr. (2) Jessie James, (3) Paul Jr. (4) Gas Monkeys.
There was no higher quality and engineering in the build than OCC had. Jessie came in at a close second.
Gas monkeys bike was a good every day rider and that's about it.
Personally I don't like a primered look on any vehicle and that's what Paul jr. bike looked like (primer)
i am a painter and doing a bike in the primer look just looks like the person just took the CHEAP way out. There is nothing like a super high gloss quality paint job that you can see yourself in.
In the old days people spray-caned their cars and bikes in the back yard because that's all they were capable of doing (the days of the Rat Rod)
Believe me, if they had the ability to do a SUPER finish and could afford it, the primer look would NOT be on their vehicles.
The pinstriping was nice in it.(Paul Jr's)
Paul Sr. bike had an extreme amount of engineering in it and there was nothing on that stage even close not even on the planet.
Credit should be given where credit is due.
Sure they have the most high tech shop. But credit should be given to them.
After saying all that and I am sure that many wont agree with me, I think the FIX WAS IN on the build off giving the order that they were given. All the TEXT votes that were supposedly sent in I am sure did not mean a thing. I am sure the producers of the show have their motives for upcoming programs.

Again This is just my 2 cents.
Not trying to rub anybody.

Old 12-16-2012 | 08:04 AM
Vincewd
Road Master

I think the two best bike was Jessi and Paul SR, Gas Monkey Chopped a bike , didn't built a bike, and Paul Jr just did the same bike as the last one and added a different theme.

Old 12-16-2012 | 08:15 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

We get a kick out the builds themselves and the different types of bikes these guys come up with.All these people have issues,it hurt some.Personally the only bike I would be seen on is Gas Monkeys,may not have been built like Jesse or Sr but still a complete build.Nothing against Jr just not a fan of Theme Bikes.

Old 12-24-2012 | 05:51 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member

GM for sure. The one I actually could/would ride.