The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bikes in american chopper the revenge

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012 | 09:05 AM
CB024
Road Master

Originally Posted by 02Deuces
meh...but thats the sad part is that fact that a Biker/Chopper build off has gotten so out of hand...That a real chopper doesn't have a place among those things they call motorcycles.
IMO JJ built a real chopper last year. Not only that but he basically built it from the ground up. All the responses on here were "JJ built the same thing he always builds" yada yada yada. To me that was a real deal custom chopper but it wasnt good enough for the general public or for many on here. Then he goes outside the box and builds the moto gp style bike and gets crap for that too. Its a no win situation. I can see why he didnt give a crap about the competition and only cared about getting paid. That would be my attitude too.

I think at the end of the day no matter what was built by any of the guys it was going to get bashed. I feel its because everything that can be done has been done. The chopper crazy has long out lived its life span by at least 5 years.

Old 12-13-2012 | 11:42 AM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by xracer110
JR's bike sucks..... lets bolt some useless **** on it, steering wheel, car grill.etc.that guy makes art not bikes. the other 3 not my style but damn good bikes. but gas monkey's is the only one I would ever own. yeah its been done to death but its clean,tastefull, and rideable. yeah jj wasnt done on time but you can honestly tell that this means nothing to him. and JR should take jj up on his offer to work in his shop for a few weeks.
My feelings as well.

Old 12-13-2012 | 12:05 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior

JR's bike: typical theme bike, and would be my choice but he over did it on the theme. The pipes and handlebars fit the theme, but didn't look right on a bike. And putting the old "V8" symbol smack in the middle of a V-twin motor ruined it for me. Theme or not, it made him look like a typical art-*** that tries to draw "life" but he never leaves his home so doesn't know what's correct or not.

SR's bike: Well made bike, but....it's a sport bike. Harley motor or not, it's a sport bike. And the girder front end would be great on an actual CHOPPER, but on a sport bike it just doesn't seem right.

JJ's bike: Ugh. Ok, the man definitely is the most skilled of the whole group, but even ignoring the fact that he's a self-centered DB...... 1: He agreed to the contest, including the deadline. Then just goes "I don't care" and keeps dredging along as slow as he wants. EFF that......you missed the deadline by WEEKs, therefore you fail. If you don't care, don't bother doing it. And for someone who didn't care, he sure seemed nervous up on that stage the whole time.
2: Again, it was a sport bike. I tuned in to watch "Chopper Live". Custom or not, it's not a chopper. And let me get this straight.....he was proud of how he stuffed the battery, ECU and the ignition module in a tight enclosed space with NO airflow? Yea, I'd be proud of creating a fire hazard on top of a wet-cell battery. Good job.

Gas Monkey: Ok, so they made what's basically just a paint-by-number, cookie-cutter Shovelhead chopper. Wait, it's actually a Chopper! And they rode it 1300 miles to get there. I doubt the other bikes had 13 miles on them.

So my vote went to Gas Monkey, not for originality, but because they made an actual CHOPPER that was built to be ridden. That's always been my problem with American Chopper......they're pieces of art, not bikes. A bike is built to be ridden, not sit in a lobby somewhere.
JJ's bike last year was hands-down the best. Had he done another one like it, he'd have won. But he didn't, and went for a crotch rocket wrapped in "look at me!" baby tantrum attitude. For that, he lost again, and deserved to this time.
JR's bike at least looked rideable, but like I said he overdid it on the theme and that ruined it for me. That made the plain-jane Shovelhead look more appealing to me.

Last edited by Gruamach; 12-13-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-13-2012 | 12:13 PM
02Deuces
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gruamach
So my vote went to Gas Monkey, not for originality, but because they made an actual CHOPPER that was built to be ridden. That's always been my problem with American Chopper......they're pieces of art, not bikes. A bike is built to be ridden, not sit in a lobby somewhere.
Exactly how I felt about it!

Old 12-13-2012 | 12:15 PM
Dr.ultra2010
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 02deuces
meh...but thats the sad part is that fact that a biker/chopper build off has gotten so out of hand...that a real chopper doesn't have a place among those things they call motorcycles.
amen to that,they build syfy **** thats not very rideable,gas monkeys bike is,and still looks like a motorcycle...........

Old 12-13-2012 | 12:17 PM
Dr.ultra2010
Road Captain

gas monkey also didnt have a million dollar+ shop and equipment..................

Old 12-13-2012 | 12:31 PM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member

None of them inspired me to even vote.

Old 12-13-2012 | 06:29 PM
xracer110
Road Captain

I think the gas monkey guys are more in touch with reality [ with the exception of Richards clothes] Thats what makes me watch them. Yeah people are right, their bike could be built in someones garage. THATS WHAT MAKES IT COOL !!!! I really want them to do bikes on there little show. Aaron isnt the best fab man or mechanic but I really like his style, I do admit Id like to see jessie start up west coast choppers again. and i dont think jr and sr will survive without the corporate builds on tv time. sr should retire and jr go back to bedazzling barbeques like his first project.

Old 12-14-2012 | 06:00 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member

Like last time, this was a popularity contest, not a bike building contest.
I would have liked the Gas monkey bike, if they chose another color!

Jesse, as always tries to steal the show by disregarding the rules, they should have kicked him out of the contest as soon as he missed the DEADLINE! WTF is a deadline for if it means nothing. Everyone else would have loved to get the extra time, when they NEEDED it, not after they were already done building their bikes!

Jr, builds another piece of art, no surprise there, and he does build some nice looking trophies, but they are certainly not built to ride!

Sr, yea that bike has a lot of engineering in it, but it did nothing for me as far as looks go.

All in all, no surprise that Jr's fanbase got him another win, people need to vote more for the bikes, not the builders.....

Old 12-15-2012 | 07:54 AM
art0565
Road Master

I believe that if you bring a mountain of ego you better deliver, James' ego has no boundaries and I didn't "get" his bike, to me it looked like Buell, Jr thinks every thing he does is iconic, his bikes are fun to look at but nothing i'd like to own, Sr built cool bike but it looked too Syfy to me, Gas monkey built a great looking bike (and one i'd like to own) but it came nowhere near the amount of fabrication of the other 3 bikes did and did not warrant all the crap talking the did.

Quick Reply: bikes in american chopper the revenge