The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bikes in american chopper the revenge

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012 | 11:54 AM
Lakerat
Road Warrior

JR's bike reminds me of the first model car kit I put together when I was @8 years old. Every part and decal just had to be used...somewhere.

Old 12-12-2012 | 12:25 PM
deez nuts
Road Captain

I have been watching JJ build bikes for as long as he's been on TV, same with JR and SR. but lets just point out one thing. SR didn't build his bike, he simply owns the company that did. Years ago he used to touch tools and fab, those bikes were pretty cool. JR does often have a lot of useless stuff hanging off the bikes that i think just makes it look over done. JJ usually builds something more along the lines of a chopper, old school stripped down with a modern stretched frame. JJ says nobody has ever built a harley powered sportbike, Buell did it years ago, not to mention harley's XR1200 which is better then JJ's bike in every way this time.
I vote Gas monkey. They did everything right. Built it all from the ground up, built their own engine even. The look is perfect, stripped down badass, what a motorcycle should be. made to ride, no fancy do dads.
JR's bike stuck with a great theme, looked like a big land barge but at least had a little artistic class.
SR didn't even build his bike, to me just a big ugly chunk of metal.
JJ, normally I love his stuff but this time he couldn't have messed up worse. terrible build idea, terrible job of executing, didnt finish on time, has an overall cocky attitude he can't back up.

Gas monkey is my new fav chopper builders. not to mention they had the funniest pranks lol

done with my rampage now thanks for reading lol

Old 12-12-2012 | 12:35 PM
JustaHawg
Banned

Originally Posted by beakerztoyz
So I'm sure UNLIKE me a lot of y'all have cable, and I'm sure some of ya checked out the american chopper revenge show tonight.

After much searching online to find pictures of the 4 bikes I was pretty surprised what everyone built. In my mind there's no doubt Gas Monkey's wins!!!

what do y'all think?
Agree on Gas Monkey's bike. Sr.'s and AHole's bikes look like offspring of a Spurtster and a rice burner. Jr's bike looks like a sled that Santa might deliver presents in.

Old 12-12-2012 | 12:57 PM
Denny69
Road Captain

Jessie pushed his crap in! Looked like a mini-burner. He crashed and burned!

Old 12-12-2012 | 07:39 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member

OK ......................

Interesting designs and some serious metal-smithing on a couple machines. F&F bike looks decent (classic looks) except for one detail - almost no travel on the front end. I've lived on a rigid frame,but the one time I rode a bike with a solid front end was not fun.

Old 12-13-2012 | 08:02 AM
hotrod351
Road Warrior

judging by engineering and design the winner is JJ, then SR then Jr and last but not least gas monkey. shows that the votes were counted for the most popular person and not the craftsmanship. gas monkeys bike was cool but your talking about a $6000.00 bike you could buy all day long. jr, well same old same old, jj and sr put a lot of engineering into them. if i had my pick if given one it would jj or sr because of resale value, gas monkey would be last, couldnt get much for it.

Old 12-13-2012 | 08:09 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

Thought the whole thing was just a bit of a dissapointment. Other than the front end, I did like the look of Sr.'s bike though. I never knew that JJ was such a loud mouth. I just could not like him.

Old 12-13-2012 | 08:09 AM
02Deuces
Road Captain

Gas Monkey IMO built the BIKERS bike...The rider, not the show piece.
Jr's bike was just another piece of art, never to be rode, destined to die with less then 100 miles on it. Live it's life in trailers.
Sr's and JJ's bikes were cool, I loved both of them...But they were not choppers...

I used to love JJ in the late 90's and early 2000's, but now he just seems like whiny elitist bitch.

I would have voted Gas Moneky, while their bike wasn't anything special it was the BIKER's bike....Only a true Harley fan would notice exactly what it is...They remained true to history, chopping a stock frame. Any old school old timer should respect the **** out of what they did! I dont care that it can be bought/built for less then $10,000 it's a rider!

Old 12-13-2012 | 08:26 AM
CB024
Road Master

GM's bike could have been built by any backyard builder. I’m sorry but I have to agree with the other builders, it didn’t belong in this competition rider or not. I'd be willing to bet there are a handfull of forum members on this very site that could have built a better bike than they did.

Completely 100% my opinion (before anyone jumps my ****).

Old 12-13-2012 | 08:42 AM
02Deuces
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CB024
GM's bike could have been built by any backyard builder. I’m sorry but I have to agree with the other builders, it didn’t belong in this competition rider or not. I
meh...but thats the sad part is that fact that a Biker/Chopper build off has gotten so out of hand...That a real chopper doesn't have a place among those things they call motorcycles.

Quick Reply: bikes in american chopper the revenge