The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bikes in american chopper the revenge

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012 | 02:45 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member

Disappointed once again.

jr's bike, butt ugly and riding it would be butt ugly too.
Another trailer queen bike from little spoiled rotten, you couldn't design a BBQ much less a ride-able bike.

Seniors, some innovation there, but no thanks, don't see me riding this more than from my house to Starbucks, which is where whoever buys it will go.
But nice change of pace old man.

JJ, looks like a dirt bike on the way to white castle, come on JJ you can do better than that.

F&L, old school, nothing new here, just looks like a ride-able chopper and that would make it number one in my book.

Al...who's tired of showpieces and just wants a bike he can ride.

Old 12-11-2012 | 02:57 PM
CB024
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lakerat
Anyone have a link for the pictures of the bikes?
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/am...opper-live.htm

Here you go.

Old 12-11-2012 | 06:01 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member

The only one I wouldn't be embarrassed being seen on is team Fast and Loud. WTF was Jr thinking with the exhaust? JJ's looks like an overgrown dirt bike and I'm not quite sure what Sr was thinking.

Old 12-11-2012 | 06:18 PM
Lakerat
Road Warrior

Thanks CB024. I have to agree with patrickd, the other 3 are conversation pieces. Goes to show that no matter how much time and money you put into a bad idea, it's still a bad idea.

Last edited by Lakerat; 12-11-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-11-2012 | 06:28 PM
DevilDog 1983
Advanced

My vote goes to Gas Monkey, I wouldn't trade my Wide Glide or my Fat Bob for either one of the other 3.

Old 12-11-2012 | 07:22 PM
xracer110
Road Captain

JR's bike sucks..... lets bolt some useless **** on it, steering wheel, car grill.etc.that guy makes art not bikes. the other 3 not my style but damn good bikes. but gas monkey's is the only one I would ever own. yeah its been done to death but its clean,tastefull, and rideable. yeah jj wasnt done on time but you can honestly tell that this means nothing to him. and JR should take jj up on his offer to work in his shop for a few weeks.

Old 12-12-2012 | 07:05 AM
mccalljv
Cruiser

The whole show was stupid, IMHO.

Wasn't really impressed with any of the bikes, but the craftsmanship and engineering that went into JJ and Sr was impressive. Their bikes would have done better at an event judged by their peers versus general public.

I really miss the old "Chopper build off" where they had to ride together to the event on real ride-able motorcycles and not all this fancy make drama out of nothing crap with a lame host.

Old 12-12-2012 | 07:09 AM
02Deuces
Road Captain

I set the DVR for it last night...They were re-airing both episodes late at night....I'll fast forward through all the bickering to look at the bikes....

Originally Posted by mccalljv
I really miss the old "Chopper build off" where they had to ride together to the event on real ride-able motorcycles and not all this fancy make drama out of nothing crap with a lame host.

Same here, where they actually rode them to MC events and bikers were voting.

Old 12-12-2012 | 08:50 AM
Old Sorrel
Road Captain

The Garage Monkey guys had the real deal. Built on time and ridden to the event. A genuine Harley Davidson chop.......a salvaged piece of history. Not my favorite choice of color, but I'd still pick it to ride over all the others.

PJD had a great looking bike. A real..............museum piece. I really liked the styling, but it's like fifteen feet long and half of that as wide. Not very practical for serious riding.

Jesse is third. I'm sure he built a great bike. The guy is a master fabricator but his bike is not my style so I'm not really crazy about it or his overly arrogant attitude.

The OCC bike was a shop experiment for sure. "Let's use all our fancy expensive computer controlled machines to build a whole bike." Yeah, there's a reason they don't use girder style front ends anymore. And if that's not a mono shock, what is it? A mono strut?

Old 12-12-2012 | 10:26 AM
capitalist_slave
Road Warrior

I think the results were correct.

Jr. had the best looking bike,
Gas Monkey had the one i'd actually wanna ride without looking like a tool,
Sr. built a Confederate Motorcycles knock-off,
and Jesse fiddle-f***ed around and didn't finish on time...
and double f*** him for dissing Buell and saying,
"I wanted to be the first to make an American V-twin Sportbike, nobodies done that before."
Get over yourself, man.
"I don't care about stupid rules, or stupid TV shows, man. I'm too cool for that."
Yeah, but he sure enough did show up on stage to get his camera time, didn't he...?

Plus he just haphazardly glued a piece of leather down for a seat on that thing, it looked like chit!

Last edited by capitalist_slave; 12-12-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Quick Reply: bikes in american chopper the revenge