The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yikes, its snowing !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012 | 04:08 PM
lumper
|
Road Master
Default Yikes, its snowing !!

Here in Ct., southern New England we are getting pounded with not only snow but high gusty winds.
The people in Jersey and NY who just got flooded from Sandy are having it even worse.
We hear about global warming and every year the winter weather comes earlier and earlier.
You folks in the south and west have it good, they always say in New England, if you dont like the weather just wait a minute, and how true it is.

I know each region has its own problems and no where is perfect, I guess the grass is always greener..

Last year we had heavy snow on Halloween and then it was mild all winter, I rode my bike every month last year without fail but I would much rather move to where we dont get these crazy ocean hurricane aftermaths and lake effect snow storms.
Its fun if your a kid and you like skiing or sledding, but otherwise it sucks!!

Rant over, I want to move to California so badly.
I really feel bad for people without power tonight in this cold, windy, snow, I hope everyone finds shelter

Lump

Old 11-07-2012 | 04:23 PM
HarleyGTP
Road Master

Snow moved in about 3pm tonight...hoping the high winds don't take down the power again...but my luck it will. People in NJ and NY really lucked out with the hurricane as the temperature didn't drop drastically until days later. Still people in Rockaways, Long Island, and the Jersey Shore are still in the dark. They are forecasting about 4-6" for us here in Orange, which is about an hour north of the city. Hopefully it's less, but who knows......

Old 11-07-2012 | 04:28 PM
LarryLives
Road Warrior

Yep, CT here... Snow... hate it....
But, weather says dry and 55-60 on Saturday and Sunday, Ill be riding!

Old 11-07-2012 | 07:50 PM
IronWright
Road Captain

Last edited by IronWright; 10-03-2013 at 02:27 AM.
Old 11-07-2012 | 09:54 PM
bobg03
Road Master

Originally Posted by IronWright
magine that, snow, hear it happens every year???
Yeah, I love the first and last storm of the year....hopefully this is both..LOL.

I got a van train tonight from Boston to Albany.....we'll be the first train to go west since it started...always a joy..

Old 11-08-2012 | 04:17 AM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

Got a couple inches of the white stuff in COlumbia County, NY tonight. Actually sitting at work right now cuz I work for DOT and plow the state roads so the OT will come in handy. On the other hand, I got a lot of OT under my belt this week going to westchester County helping clear trees off of the roads for those poor people with no power. I'll be back there Fri and Saturday cutting and chipping trees again. The money will come in handy...real handy for this state worker...but I really feel for those people.
Temp going back up in a day or so so I think I'm one of the lucky ones.
This girl needs to save up for the RG I want to pick up this spring, anyway!!
I understand you wanting to move to Cali. I moved here from a lifetime living in Phx, Az. and my family lives there. I do miss the warmth but I got to see fall this year, they didn't.

Old 11-08-2012 | 04:35 PM
98XL1200C
Road Captain

Stay warm. Better days ahead.

Old 11-12-2012 | 08:17 AM
mjrfd99
Grand HDF Member

12 in white crap here- taking down the trees damaged by Sandy past week. People that had power restored -out again.
BF mess.

Old 11-12-2012 | 08:22 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

We had a big winter storm blow in here on Friday. Odd thing is I rode to work last wednesday. Currnetly the temp is 5 degrees. So flipin cold my truck is plugged in.

Old 11-12-2012 | 01:02 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

I got to see fall this year, they didn't.

Hmmmnn...yea. Lookin' at some red & yellow leaves. Makes 8 months of cold & gloom seem worthwhile.

Last edited by dickey; 11-12-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Yikes, its snowing !!