The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012 | 09:02 AM
junior07
Road Master

Funny thread.

I only see this **** here on this forum. With the folks i hang around with, either you can ride or you can't. I have seen older guys riding half way down the road with their 'landing gear' down prior to a stop or turn. They will get crap for that.

I ride with guys from age 26 through 66 (probably older too, just don't know all of their ages) and I'm 48.

Who cares. I don't. But, somehow i still got sucked into this thread. go figure.

Old 11-01-2012 | 09:08 AM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tanuki
Who gives a ****, but you are all ***** newbies unless you have been riding since the 60s or 70s, done 10 years in prison, done more drugs than the mexicans can sell in a month, screwed every stripper in your city, drank all night every night of the week, ridden through main street at over 100 mph with no helmet, fought 6 guys and won, overhauled your bike using only a bent screw driver and one sized wrench and never kicked your dog. Nothing else counts.
Well,now you've got the basics down.GTF outa' Dodge now,and come back in 23 years. NO real biker kicks his dog.It takes 23 years for a Poindexter to learn that.

Old 11-01-2012 | 09:18 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by MontyD
It's all about RIDING FREE!
........ which marketing brochure did that get cut & pasted from ?

Old 11-01-2012 | 09:22 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Twistnride
Well,now you've got the basics down.GTF outa' Dodge now,and come back in 23 years. NO real biker kicks his dog.It takes 23 years for a Poindexter to learn that.
"No real biker kicks his dog" ... Well said "Twistnride" ... Nor does he kick his scooter ... Except, of course, to start it !!

Old 11-01-2012 | 09:23 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by KingOfTheRoadFXDC
Ive seen alot on this forum about newbies and pussification of bikers. So i want to know when do you go from being a newbie p*#sy to earning some respect. It seems that alot of people dont remember that they were once a newbie as well, other than the real badasses who popped out of their mother already riding a Harley. just a thought
Go git me a Beer

Old 11-01-2012 | 09:28 AM
Reno
Cruiser

It's the internet and for some reason people love to get all over other people's **** and it makes them feel like a bad ***. Being the internet you can be whatever you want to be...I can have as much money as Steve Jobs (RIP) or as poor as a person living on the street with nothing or fall somewhere in between and since nobody knows who I am it doesn't matter which person I am. People can claim to be the most hardcore biker there is in the world or that person who just finished the riders education class and is buying their first bike and you know what...it doesn't affect my life one bit nor should it bother you. Live your life the way you choose to live your life and don't give a **** if someone doesn't show you respect. Know that when you leave this short lived life, that you lived your life to it's fullest and hope that somewhere down that road, you made a difference in someone's life. Laugh often, love the one your with like there is no other in the world and dance like a fool because you only have one life!!

Old 11-01-2012 | 09:30 AM
mmancuso
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by KingOfTheRoadFXDC
I could personally care less what these people think. Just lookin to see what people think about the people on here who jump all over newbies and people they think are dweebs and poindexters! they all act like they never started riding as a newbie just fun conversation

I personally believe that those who do the most dumping on others are the one's with real insecurity issues, and dumping is their way of compensating.

Old 11-01-2012 | 09:35 AM
mmancuso
Road Warrior

But I could be wrong. Maybe I am an ******* just because I've only been riding almost every day for the last 1.5 years.

Old 11-01-2012 | 09:36 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member

We're just bitter because you can't roll over a digital odometer on a new bike.

Old 11-01-2012 | 09:44 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

miserable old bikers will never like you

Quick Reply: How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers