The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012 | 12:10 AM
ryanek9freak
Road Captain

Originally Posted by panz4ever
Sorry friend but you are off base IMHO. Ride the same 65 FLH since '70 becuase it is my choice; have a 49 EL and an 84 FLH for the very same reasons. Could give a $hit less that one pays cash for a new bike (paid cash for all of mine too). Never talked down to anyone and don't consider myself a badass (but I do believe in 'last man standing'); just do my own thing in spite of some folks looking at my old iron with 'WTF are you riding' look on thier faces.

Funny how you 'assume' that ones wife is the obstacle to a purchase of new iron. Hell, my wife would fall over if I came home with something new. It's not about cash (have it in savings easily); it is simply a choice. I choose (like many) to ride old iron because I like it.

Pretty simple reason actually...
Now, you seem like someone I'd get along with. I'm speaking more along the lines of some of the douches I work with, whom I KNOW that is the reason why they still have the bike they do. I'm not assuming, trust me.

I have a newer Twin Cam bike, yes, but I also own a Shovel, and Ironhead (in pieces) and I'm collecting Panhead parts for a future project. Some of the attitude I get is, "How can I be a real biker if I don't have a nasty old oil leaking piece of **** that requires me to carry tools around with, for my primary ride", well simple really, I enjoy reliability and ease of maintenance.

But I don't have a problem with older bikes, I love them. Yes, they have more soul than new ones.

Old 11-01-2012 | 12:18 AM
wayslow
Tourer

You got my respect until ya show you ain't got it comin', m'friend. I'm old but I try not to be a ******** and I'm miserable only after tequila Saturday nights.

Last edited by wayslow; 11-01-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-01-2012 | 01:51 AM
jackstrr
Road Warrior

I hate everybody equally, thats not being a ******* is it ??

Old 11-01-2012 | 01:56 AM
KingOfTheRoadFXDC
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by vaham
DING DING DING!!!! And round 2 goes to AllenW ! Noob, If you don't know what the heck you are talking about then STFU...... and you MIGHT accidentally learn something from us Miserable 'ol Bast@rd$...
There is old ******* stfu newbie attitude i was lookin for old timer

Old 11-01-2012 | 01:57 AM
KingOfTheRoadFXDC
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by jackstrr
I hate everybody equally, thats not being a ******* is it ??
Nope thats being honest dude haha

Old 11-01-2012 | 03:35 AM
nc883
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by HarleyGTP
:
Live to ride brotha, and ride to live.
Amazing. Something non-cliche outta a rub

Old 11-01-2012 | 03:56 AM
edilgdaor
Banned

Originally Posted by Tanuki
Who gives a ****, but you are all ***** newbies unless you have been riding since the 60s or 70s, done 10 years in prison, done more drugs than the mexicans can sell in a month, screwed every stripper in your city, drank all night every night of the week, ridden through main street at over 100 mph with no helmet, fought 6 guys and won, overhauled your bike using only a bent screw driver and one sized wrench and never kicked your dog. Nothing else counts.
Aww, lighten-up, man ! There was one stripper that was acually a dude. We didn't screw HIM ! We blew his head off wih a bazooka and made it into a headlight bezel (it's the most realistic skull I've ever seen on a bike!!), and then we drug the rest of his body with chains on the road while doing wheelies by the PD .

This was forty years ago. I posted the story on the internet right away, and everybody said I could get a waiver for not screwing every stripper in town.

Now, watch, some 99%er wannabe poser is going to tell me he doesn't believe it really happened that way. Watch.

Old 11-01-2012 | 08:33 AM
BACON84
Cruiser

Originally Posted by edilgdaor
Aww, lighten-up, man ! There was one stripper that was acually a dude. We didn't screw HIM ! We blew his head off wih a bazooka and made it into a headlight bezel (it's the most realistic skull I've ever seen on a bike!!), and then we drug the rest of his body with chains on the road while doing wheelies by the PD .

This was forty years ago. I posted the story on the internet right away, and everybody said I could get a waiver for not screwing every stripper in town.

Now, watch, some 99%er wannabe poser is going to tell me he doesn't believe it really happened that way. Watch.
^^^ that's not really how it went down. Right? LMAO. JK.

In all honesty, I'm 28, been riding about 3 years. I have 30k miles under my belt now. Never had any old salt give me the newbie ****. Seems to me it's all about respect. If you respect the old white bearded man, with rough looking leathers and a scratched and weathered old bike, He can be your best friend and impart a great wealth of knowledge your way. Bikers, in general, are the kindest most respectiful, helpful, and loyal people I have met. I have ridden with everyone from your weekend riders to hardcore 1%ers.

maybe, it's because I grew up out in the country, but I have always been taught that if you have respect for the older, more experienced men they will teach you, and allow you to benefit from their experiences.

Regardless, of your age or miles, respect those around you, and they will be nothing but helpful. They will be there when you need them.

BUT you must respect them from word go. If you are disrespectful towards them when you meet them, they will turn their backs when you need them.

Another thing, NEVER mistake a biker's kindness for weakness. He will prove you wrong.

Old 11-01-2012 | 08:36 AM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member

This post sounds like someone has some daddy issues If you want respect then give respect. In terms of the forum, you need about 500 posts (lol)

Old 11-01-2012 | 08:50 AM
firefighter616
Club Member

Originally Posted by Tanuki
My point was who gives a **** about how much experience to get respect from miserable old fukkas on a forum, but i must say you must have been pretty good to have done a 10 year prison sentence during your 2 week road trip.

And some of us have actually done all that **** in real life, cepting the bent screw driver part.
thank you

I kept the screw driver and dumped the drunk lesbo

Quick Reply: How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers