The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012 | 09:42 PM
ryanek9freak
Road Captain

Meh, most of the so called hard core guys that think they're badasses cause they've had the same ratty Shovelhead (not that I have a problem with them, I own one) for 30 years, are just jealous that you paid cash for a newer bike, so they have to try to save face by talking down to you, cause the wife won't let them get something newer. At least that's my experience.

Old 10-31-2012 | 09:55 PM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member

I think if if i read anymore of this i am going to start menstruating. Somebody please kill me.

Old 10-31-2012 | 10:20 PM
Tanuki
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Gotta feeling we could have a good time doing the amuck thing and trade some choice stories very few in here would believe

We could very well be on the same page in that book my friend, no statue of limitations where i am from so gotta becareful as to how much is said.

Old 10-31-2012 | 10:26 PM
harleyphoenix
Road Captain

Windshields are for pussies.

Old 10-31-2012 | 10:38 PM
vaham
Road Master

Originally Posted by AllenW
You'll get more respect out of me when you've actually done all the crap your telling me about.

That would be a good start imho.

Al

DING DING DING!!!! And round 2 goes to AllenW ! Noob, If you don't know what the heck you are talking about then STFU...... and you MIGHT accidentally learn something from us Miserable 'ol Bast@rd$...

Old 10-31-2012 | 10:43 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by ryanek9freak
Meh, most of the so called hard core guys that think they're badasses cause they've had the same ratty Shovelhead (not that I have a problem with them, I own one) for 30 years, are just jealous that you paid cash for a newer bike, so they have to try to save face by talking down to you, cause the wife won't let them get something newer. At least that's my experience.
Most long time shovel owners still have them because we like them , food for thought .

New bikes are a dime a dozen and lets face it , they are so common ............ Love watching 3 or 4 guys at these big events standing there with that deer in the head lights look trying to remember which one of the clones are theirs

Old 10-31-2012 | 10:45 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by straydog13
I think if if i read anymore of this i am going to start menstruating. Somebody please kill me.
Pm me your address and I'll send you some of the OL's midol.
No wait,, none can be spared here.

funny dog

Old 10-31-2012 | 11:08 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ryanek9freak
Sorry friend but you are off base IMHO. Ride the same 65 FLH since '70 becuase it is my choice; have a 49 EL and an 84 FLH for the very same reasons. Could give a $hit less that one pays cash for a new bike (paid cash for all of mine too). Never talked down to anyone and don't consider myself a badass (but I do believe in 'last man standing'); just do my own thing in spite of some folks looking at my old iron with 'WTF are you riding' look on thier faces.

Funny how you 'assume' that ones wife is the obstacle to a purchase of new iron. Hell, my wife would fall over if I came home with something new. It's not about cash (have it in savings easily); it is simply a choice. I choose (like many) to ride old iron because I like it.

Pretty simple reason actually...

Last edited by panz4ever; 10-31-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-31-2012 | 11:51 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member

age really doesn't have that much to do with it.. im only 34, i'm one of the old guys. been riding since i was 9yo. been wrenching in shops since i was 14. it is just funny to see a 50-60yo all decked out in factory gear, trying to look cool, and you can tell they don't even have 50 miles under them yet. i have seen/met people in their 20's that are way ahead of me.. a lot of it has to do with attitude, and a willingness to be taught a few things before you act like you know everything.
honestly not caring what anyone else thinks goes a long way too.

Old 10-31-2012 | 11:59 PM
edilgdaor
Banned

You only need to respect yourself.

Don't worry about things you'll find out later didn't matter.

Just look at all the newbies trying to be impressive and DON'T be like them and you'll get more respect than they'll ever get .

Quick Reply: How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers