The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012 | 08:25 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by KingOfTheRoadFXDC
Ive seen alot on this forum about newbies and pussification of bikers. So i want to know when do you go from being a newbie p*#sy to earning some respect. It seems that alot of people dont remember that they were once a newbie as well, other than the real badasses who popped out of their mother already riding a Harley. just a thought
The same way you get respect from an old grouchy Gunny Sergeant; eat sh"", learn to like it, and wait for the bastard to respect you!

Old 10-31-2012 | 08:27 PM
piper59
Elite HDF Member

When you don't have to ask for it,you'll get it.

Old 10-31-2012 | 08:30 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

I think that buying a motorcycle is just buying a motorcycle. I respect people that I feel respect for and the respect grows through respectful deeds. It is earned. It has value. If it wasn't earned it would have no value. I haven't noticed that many miserable old bikers but I have noticed a lot people who lack the intelligence, appreciation, or the sand to earn anything---much less respect. Here is my advice to you and others like you. Pay attention--old men get old by genetics and making less fatal mistakes. Wisdom is learned and some wisdom takes time. Respect is learned and earned. It is earned through experiences and how we as people deal with them. You can earn disrespect faster than respect anyday. I still look up to the old men that were young and learning /earning their knowledge when I was growing up. They still have things to teach me. They earned their respect and I earned mine---you earn yours.

Last edited by oldairboater; 11-01-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 10-31-2012 | 08:45 PM
HuTuPhat
Novice

My ex-Navy father-in-law once said to me...F*** you and your respect. I don't want you to respect me, I want you to fear me. I'm 62 years old and I'll still kick your a**.

I think he meant it, too. So now I both fear and respect him.

Old 10-31-2012 | 09:03 PM
Tanuki
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Couple of us did that all in one 2 week road trip and it was 4 guys and drunk butch lesbian outside that bar in Durango , your point was ?
My point was who gives a **** about how much experience to get respect from miserable old fukkas on a forum, but i must say you must have been pretty good to have done a 10 year prison sentence during your 2 week road trip.

And some of us have actually done all that **** in real life, cepting the bent screw driver part.

Old 10-31-2012 | 09:03 PM
HarleyGTP
Road Master

Originally Posted by nc883
Your OL told me that

Do use all a favor and troll some other threads and post cliche comments like your original.

Need some ideas? Just go to www.harley-davidson.com , and check out their apparel section.

Live to ride brotha, and ride to live.

Old 10-31-2012 | 09:21 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Tanuki
My point was who gives a **** about how much experience to get respect from miserable old fukkas on a forum, but i must say you must have been pretty good to have done a 10 year prison sentence during your 2 week road trip.

And some of us have actually done all that **** in real life, cepting the bent screw driver part.

We could have got the 10 years for a couple of the stunts on that trip if we had been caught

Hey some people have lived it to the hilt daily others play at it on weekends during middle age , respect comes with time & grade not new & shiny nor does it come the size of that bike payment

Old 10-31-2012 | 09:26 PM
Tanuki
Road Warrior

Twisted I like your style but the bike payment was only a oncer, only buy things by paying cash, finance is for mugs.

Old 10-31-2012 | 09:29 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by oldairboater
I think that buying a motorcycle is just buying a motorcycle. I respect people that I feel respect for and the respect grows through respectful deeds. It is earned. It has value. If it wasn't earned it would have no value. I haven't noticed that many miserable old bikers but I have noticed a lot people who lack the intelligence, appreciation, or the sand to earn anything---much less respect. Here is my advice to you and others like you. Pay attention--old men get old by genetics and making less fatal mistakes. Wisdom is learned and some wisdom takes time. Respect is learned and earned. It is earned through experiences and how we as people deal with them. You can earn disrespect faster than respect anyday. I still look up to the old men that were young and learning /earning their knowledge when I growing up. They still have things to teach me. They earned their respect and I earned mine---you earn yours.

Well said...

Old 10-31-2012 | 09:29 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Tanuki
Twisted I like your style but the bike payment was only a oncer, only buy things by paying cash, finance is for mugs.

Gotta feeling we could have a good time doing the amuck thing and trade some choice stories very few in here would believe

Quick Reply: How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers