The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012 | 07:42 PM
nc883
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by HarleyGTP
LMFAO, you get that off a new limited edition harley davidson leather jacket?
Your OL told me that

Old 10-31-2012 | 07:46 PM
Tanuki
Road Warrior

Who gives a ****, but you are all ***** newbies unless you have been riding since the 60s or 70s, done 10 years in prison, done more drugs than the mexicans can sell in a month, screwed every stripper in your city, drank all night every night of the week, ridden through main street at over 100 mph with no helmet, fought 6 guys and won, overhauled your bike using only a bent screw driver and one sized wrench and never kicked your dog. Nothing else counts.

Old 10-31-2012 | 07:50 PM
mattkenzie
Road Master

Old 10-31-2012 | 08:04 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

Newby whining because the miserable old bikers will not show him respect he didn't earn. He thinks he deserves respect because he bought a Harley. I could type all kinds of insults and witty remarks but why bother. Nothing I can type is near as embarrassing as that whining plea for acceptance. Hope this whine is part of your Halloween costume and not real.

Old 10-31-2012 | 08:09 PM
KingOfTheRoadFXDC
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by oldairboater
Newby whining because the miserable old bikers will not show him respect he didn't earn. He thinks he deserves respect because he bought a Harley. I could type all kinds of insults and witty remarks but why bother. Nothing I can type is near as embarrassing as that whining plea for acceptance. Hope this whine is part of your Halloween costume and not real.

If u read wat i have said im not asking for acceptance from these people im simply asking peoples opinions on the way some people talk to newbies. Like i said i dont care ive just seen alot of it n wanted to c what ppl think

Old 10-31-2012 | 08:16 PM
KingOfTheRoadFXDC
|
Advanced

This is the **** i find funny people talking about earning respect through a forum and automatically assuming im seeking this almighty internet stamp of approval it was just meant to be a conversation not a plea for some acceptance haha have a beer!

Old 10-31-2012 | 08:17 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Tanuki
Who gives a ****, but you are all ***** newbies unless you have been riding since the 60s or 70s, done 10 years in prison, done more drugs than the mexicans can sell in a month, screwed every stripper in your city, drank all night every night of the week, ridden through main street at over 100 mph with no helmet, fought 6 guys and won, overhauled your bike using only a bent screw driver and one sized wrench and never kicked your dog. Nothing else counts.

Couple of us did that all in one 2 week road trip and it was 4 guys and drunk butch lesbian outside that bar in Durango , your point was ?

Old 10-31-2012 | 08:19 PM
nc883
Road Warrior

Gonna be a long winter fellas

Old 10-31-2012 | 08:20 PM
davidearlcox
Tourer

I think you really start to gain something when you are at the point in your life where you go out and sit on a bike and ride it somewhere because you like to sit on a bike and ride it somewhere. Doesn't matter what brand of bike, how chromed out it is, whether the mirrors are pointing up or down, etc. just as long as you are comfortable with it and you enjoy the ride.

When you get to this point, whenever that is, you've earned the respect of yourself as a biker, first and foremost. And it shows, and others can see that and know it for what it is.

Nothing else will get you there. That's what I think.

Old 10-31-2012 | 08:23 PM
KingOfTheRoadFXDC
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by davidearlcox
I think you really start to gain something when you are at the point in your life where you go out and sit on a bike and ride it somewhere because you like to sit on a bike and ride it somewhere. Doesn't matter what brand of bike, how chromed out it is, whether the mirrors are pointing up or down, etc. just as long as you are comfortable with it and you enjoy the ride.

When you get to this point, whenever that is, you've earned the respect of yourself as a biker, first and foremost. And it shows, and others can see that and know it for what it is.

Nothing else will get you there. That's what I think.
Probably the best response. I love my bike n any chance to jump on n ride i do ots my faborite thing to do

Quick Reply: How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers