The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012 | 07:12 PM
nc883
Road Warrior

You'll get respect when you figure out that is a way of life, not a life style

AllenW
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by KingOfTheRoadFXDC
what crap is that?
Wasn't mean for you directly, sorry.
Was mean for whoever I happened to be having a beer with.

Al

Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by KingOfTheRoadFXDC
Ive seen alot on this forum about newbies and pussification of bikers. So i want to know when do you go from being a newbie p*#sy to earning some respect. It seems that alot of people dont remember that they were once a newbie as well, other than the real badasses who popped out of their mother already riding a Harley. just a thought
Originally Posted by Stiggy
You're a newby clown when the day after buying your brand new ride for the first time, you are suddenly smarter and wiser than everybody else on the forum.

Some people have forgotten to 'Listen and Learn' a little bit first. That's how old you have to be.
Originally Posted by 08sglide4me
I think you will not be a newb after you learn that its not "I could care less" since that means you actually could care less than what you think you can but the correct term is " I couldn't care less" which means what it says.
Originally Posted by TKDKurt
Yeah, to the OP, just relax, Poindexter. If you don't act like a dweeb you won't be treated like one. That is, of course, except by Dickey and Bren, the Curmudgeons-in-Chief.

Great thread.

Old 10-31-2012 | 07:15 PM
KingOfTheRoadFXDC
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by AllenW
Wasn't mean for you directly, sorry.
Was mean for whoever I happened to be having a beer with.

Al
I like the beer part

Old 10-31-2012 | 07:20 PM
nc883
Road Warrior

You can take that extra 10 years back off now

Old 10-31-2012 | 07:24 PM
snail0311
Advanced

I thought that your were a newbie if you haven't been riding before 1940

Old 10-31-2012 | 07:31 PM
HarleyGTP
Road Master

Originally Posted by nc883
You'll get respect when you figure out that is a way of life, not a life style
LMFAO, you get that off a new limited edition harley davidson leather jacket?

Guys crack me up that judge other riders as "posers" or "wanna-be's" . You ride a motorcycle, you enjoy it, who cares if other people accept or respect you. Guess what riding is to me......... a HOBBY!!! Holy cow yes I said it! I don't live and breathe riding, I don't ride in the rain if I can avoid it, I don't commute with my bike unless it's nice and I want to ride. It's not a life style, nor is it a way of life. It's simply a hobby in which I enjoy.

That being said, I think I know the kind of person you are. You always want to be part of the organized clubs and groups. You get upset if someone does something at work and doesn't invite you. That's just a personality type, nothing you can do about it.

If you're looking to get "respect" from "old timers"...........hanging out with bikers who see riding as a "way of life" is a bad decision.

Old 10-31-2012 | 07:35 PM
Iron Butt Springer
Road Warrior

If you have to ask about getting respect you will never get it, especially from some of the pin heads on this board...

Old 10-31-2012 | 07:37 PM
KingOfTheRoadFXDC
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by HarleyGTP
LMFAO, you get that off a new limited edition harley davidson leather jacket?

Guys crack me up that judge other riders as "posers" or "wanna-be's" . You ride a motorcycle, you enjoy it, who cares if other people accept or respect you. Guess what riding is to me......... a HOBBY!!! Holy cow yes I said it! I don't live and breathe riding, I don't ride in the rain if I can avoid it, I don't commute with my bike unless it's nice and I want to ride. It's not a life style, nor is it a way of life. It's simply a hobby in which I enjoy.

That being said, I think I know the kind of person you are. You always want to be part of the organized clubs and groups. You get upset if someone does something at work and doesn't invite you. That's just a personality type, nothing you can do about it.

If you're looking to get "respect" from "old timers"...........hanging out with bikers who see riding as a "way of life" is a bad decision.
like i said before i didnt post this because im looking to fit in or get respect i COULDNT care less. i just wanted to get opinions on what people think about the self proclaimed badasses that put all these people down. I ride with my own group of friends that range from someone my age that rides a 1980s yamaha to another guy 45 yrs older thats been riding for ever to another buddy in his 40s that rides a metric cruiser i dont distcriminate or care i just like to ride

Old 10-31-2012 | 07:40 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by pococj
LOL, since you popped off and whined about this, the Crusty-Curmudgeons have voted to add 13 years to the time before you quit being a newb-puss...

LOL !! I got nothin to add to that , well played brother well played

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 10-31-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Quick Reply: How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers