The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013 | 12:19 AM
Helrazor
Cruiser

Respect is Commanded not Demanded

Old 02-03-2013 | 08:32 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member

Lookie here , I'll trade any respect I have been given over my 55 years of riding to be able to get out of bed in the morning without every part of my body (that's not artificial) hurting! Respect ain't worth **** when you are a broke-down, worn-out old fart with one foot in the grave. Anyone who picks two wheels over four has my respect.

Old 02-03-2013 | 02:44 PM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by KingOfTheRoadFXDC
Ive seen alot on this forum about newbies and pussification of bikers. So i want to know when do you go from being a newbie p*#sy to earning some respect. It seems that alot of people dont remember that they were once a newbie as well, other than the real badasses who popped out of their mother already riding a Harley. just a thought
"Back in the day" you would have got an *** wupping just for asking that, the reason they ignore you now is because their hearing aid batteries are dud and they are afraid to open their mouths because their dentures will fall out.

Old 02-03-2013 | 04:06 PM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Helrazor
Respect is Commanded not Demanded
I always thought respect had to be earned. You can't really "command" someone to respect you. Now, if you are talking about someone's ACTIONS commanding respect, then I agree.

Old 02-03-2013 | 06:48 PM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Angelfire36
I always thought respect had to be earned. You can't really "command" someone to respect you. Now, if you are talking about someone's ACTIONS commanding respect, then I agree.
We were always taught that respect is earned but never given.

Old 02-05-2013 | 08:49 AM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member

You just gotta give respect to get respect.

Old 02-05-2013 | 09:56 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I know from walking around the dealership, some guys "look" like they've been riding for years, whether it's how they carry themselves or the 101 pins and patches on their jackets.

Me...I'm quiet, standoffish and I probably look and act like a noob. And I probably don't fit into the "biker" mold anymore. Because of the way I am, I feel a little "intimidated" around them. That and they don't seem to be the most friendly people. Maybe because I'm alone and they're in a group. I

I don't know...or care much. I know who and what I am and it's their loss not knowing me!

Old 02-05-2013 | 11:07 AM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I think the miserable old bikers are just born that way. I don't think you wake up one day and you suddenly morphed into being one. Least I hope not. yikes.

Old 02-05-2013 | 11:10 AM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by zeus33
I think the miserable old bikers are just born that way. I don't think you wake up one day and you suddenly morphed into being one. Least I hope not. yikes.
I think you have hit the nail on the head, they were miserable young fools before they grew into miserable old fools.

Old 02-07-2013 | 12:57 PM
jwhardin
Road Master

Originally Posted by KingOfTheRoadFXDC
So i want to know when do you go from being a newbie p*#sy to earning some respect.

It seems that alot of people dont remember that they were once a newbie as well, other than the real badasses who popped out of their mother already riding a Harley. just a thought
there is no magic answer grasshopper.

each must walk his own path to respect.

good luck.

Quick Reply: How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers