The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012 | 08:28 PM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member

If you want respect be respectful!!!!!!! We have earned the right to be wrong.

Old 11-10-2012 | 08:39 PM
newRider2010
Novice

Some simple ways to earn the respect of the grizzled curmudgeons.

Scope out where the older badasses hangout. Surreptitiously (never use that word in front of them - it's a fancy RUB word) take photos of them and do your best to clone their appearance head to toe.

Step 2 is invite 2 of your wimpiest newbie buddies who ride to this same hangout. Then after they order their "virgin daiquiries" or whatever other appletini style rub drink comes out of their foolish newbie ***** mouths - YOU BUST EM BOTH RIGHT IN THE CHOPS WITH A SET OF BRASS NUCkS SCREAMING ABOUT HATING NEWBIE RUB PUSSIES!!.

Step 3, if you still don't get the respect you so rightly crave from your grizzled betters... invite one more (new) unsuspecting RUB buddy to the same bar, and this time post knuckle duster beat down, you drag him up and down the street tied to the back of your stripped down rat bike!!

If that STILL doesn't get you their respect, you are **** out of luck and may have to wait for father time to grizzle you up appropriately and repeat the cycle in 20 years.

Old 11-10-2012 | 08:49 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by newRider2010
Some simple ways to earn the respect of the grizzled curmudgeons.

Scope out where the older badasses hangout. Surreptitiously (never use that word in front of them - it's a fancy RUB word) take photos of them and do your best to clone their appearance head to toe.

Step 2 is invite 2 of your wimpiest newbie buddies who ride to this same hangout. Then after they order their "virgin daiquiries" or whatever other appletini style rub drink comes out of their foolish newbie ***** mouths - YOU BUST EM BOTH RIGHT IN THE CHOPS WITH A SET OF BRASS NUCkS SCREAMING ABOUT HATING NEWBIE RUB PUSSIES!!.

Step 3, if you still don't get the respect you so rightly crave from your grizzled betters... invite one more (new) unsuspecting RUB buddy to the same bar, and this time post knuckle duster beat down, you drag him up and down the street tied to the back of your stripped down rat bike!!

If that STILL doesn't get you their respect, you are **** out of luck and may have to wait for father time to grizzle you up appropriately and repeat the cycle in 20 years.

Gonna be a LONG WINTER .........................

Old 11-10-2012 | 08:54 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm highly offended by this thread and am taking my Harley home and not playing with any of you anymore.

Old 11-10-2012 | 09:09 PM
nc883
Road Warrior

l

Old 11-10-2012 | 10:18 PM
Tanuki
Road Warrior

and this time post knuckle duster beat down, you drag him up and down the street tied to the back of your stripped down rat bike!!

hahaha just like the old days.

Old 11-11-2012 | 09:45 AM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member

Play baseball with us or we will shove the bat up your a--. Its a government thing.

Old 11-11-2012 | 10:13 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member

At 65 I wonder what the ones I'd consider old timers said about our generation, likewise I wonder what today's newbies are gonna say to the their newbies when they get old?

I vaguely remember the old timers when I was in my 20's and as cocky as I was back then, I kept my mouth shut when they were around.

Al

Old 11-11-2012 | 10:32 AM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member

When you've put about 10 years in on dirt before you started on the street. (Now we know you know how to ride.)

When you've built a bike yourself from the frame up, preferably in your kitchen. (Now we know you can wrench it).

When you've spent at least 3 of your formative years with only the bike as your transportation and have actually ridden in snow on multiple occasions to get to work. (Now we know you're not a douche trying to look 'cool' on your Harley.)

Also helps if you paid your dues on either a Pan, Shovel or at very least an Evo at some point. (Instant respect for those who've ridden a Pan, Knuckle, or Flathead as daily transport.)

When you've accomplished these things come see me, I'll buy you a beer and tell you you're in the "my respect" club.

Old 11-11-2012 | 10:54 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by AllenW
At 65 I wonder what the ones I'd consider old timers said about our generation, likewise I wonder what today's newbies are gonna say to the their newbies when they get old?

I vaguely remember the old timers when I was in my 20's and as cocky as I was back then,
I kept my mouth shut when they were around.

Al

Remember on a job a few of us early 20 somethings talking the usual smack about a gal that got picked up at the bar the night before , and the cigar chewing oldster sitting off to one side commented .

" Day will come boys when taking a good dump means more than bit of trim you just had "

Messed part is he was right as the decades slipped past ...................

Quick Reply: How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers