The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012 | 12:55 PM
CB024
Road Master

Originally Posted by justplainjim
My question is How old do you have to be to be considered a "miserable old bastard" ??
I'm 32 so I'm going to say anything over 50. Hahaha, jk you miserable old bastards.

Old 11-06-2012 | 01:47 PM
edilgdaor
Banned

Originally Posted by bullmoose
.....Being “Old School” must mean you like to complain via an internet forum....
My guess is you aren't smart enough to realize that 'Old School' bikers used to ride motorcycles BEFORE there was an internet.

Believe it, or not, the internet wasn't invented before motorcycles. Do your research.

Old 11-06-2012 | 06:37 PM
vaham
Road Master

Originally Posted by Jack-C
Old and misery are synonymous... don't take it personal.
So are young and ignorant, but they don't necessarily evolve into "Old School"..

Old 11-06-2012 | 08:07 PM
SIREx
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dog155
Newbies act like newbies.The day you stop worrying about what others think of you,what you ride,how fast you can go or not,and finally when you stop trying to impress everyone how much of a biker you have become will be when you start gaining the respect you are looking for.
It is very easy to pick newbies out of a crowd no matter how hard they try to hide it.
Amen

I was worried when I got my Harley what everybody would think. I have been snubbed also.

I have met a lot of aholes. It's sad some want to be like them.

Any ways I wear what I want, I ride where I want to ride, I ride how I want to ride, and enjoy my bike.

You would be surprised how many people will talk to you when you are yourself.

Remember their are a lot of people in this world and chances are you will find some you can find mutual respect with.

WILD HOGS!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2012 | 08:17 PM
omaho5
Road Master

Age 67...Been riding since 1963. I'm niether a puss nor a bad ***/boy.
Ridden Jap, Italian, Brit and HD. Loved 'em all.
I just love to take a ride..around the block or cross country.
I don't need no freakin' respect. Been sober since 1985 and have my dignity,
Never put much stock in what others thought of my rides.
Fell in love with bikes at age 5.

Old 11-06-2012 | 08:25 PM
09FLHT
Banned

Originally Posted by pococj
LOL, since you popped off and whined about this, the Crusty-Curmudgeons have voted to add 13 years to the time before you quit being a newb-
puss...
LOL. Aint no reason to read 22 pages of this ****. It aint gonna get any better than this.

Old 11-09-2012 | 08:00 PM
Ray Lloyd
Road Master
Thumbs up This Thread Is Hilarious!

I might be one of those "Crusty Old Biker Dudes", or whatever term you like..... I'm grey-bearded, 58 years old, walk with a limp, have a lot of wrinkles on my face, but just love riding.........

Been riding since 1974...... First bike? Honda 750 SS.... Loved that bike!

First Harley? -1978 75th Anniversay Sportster, the cool one with the gold and black paint, gold mag wheels, and cool retro decals.

Have owned Hondas, Kaws, 6 Harleys, a Ducati 900SS, and three BMW's.

Loved every one of them, wish I still every one of them! They all tickled different parts of my biker Karma.

One thing though..... I wave at ALL bikers I see on the road, whether Harley, Victory, BMW, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, Suziki, Aprilia, et al, (to include "scooter" riders)..... we are all brothers on the road, we all choose to face the world with the wind in our faces instead of behind a car windshield.

We gotta' stick together..... Just saw a news article today about some insurance company going to raise rates in some state for motorcyclists where they repealed the helmet law...... Not right!!!!!!

Most of my motorcycling friends (50,s 60's, and yes, even some late 20 year olds) ride VERY responsibly, take MSF classes every couple of years, ride defensibly, and PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!

Don't worry, young one, we, (all the old crusty biker dudes) love you guys.....

Ride Safe-

-Ray

Old 11-09-2012 | 08:09 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Ray the lady in the picture of the bike, is really hot.

And all I got to say is the younger bikers needs to shutup and stop worrying about the old bikers.
Listen to them. They have already been there and done most of what you are gonna do.
They won't do nothing but try to help you. But you got to realize they are gonna jack with you.
I got jacked with the whole time I was growing up. I worked for a Old German man and his son who was like 7 yrs older than me.
It was a great experience. I learned a lot from them.

Old 11-10-2012 | 02:55 PM
MattCo
Tourer

Screw em' they have a couple years left of riding, you probably have 40+ so ... let them enjoy looking down at you for 2 more years and then laugh at them.

Old 11-10-2012 | 02:56 PM
MattCo
Tourer

Originally Posted by omaho5
Age 67...Been riding since 1963. I'm niether a puss nor a bad ***/boy.
Ridden Jap, Italian, Brit and HD. Loved 'em all.
I just love to take a ride..around the block or cross country.
I don't need no freakin' respect. Been sober since 1985 and have my dignity,
Never put much stock in what others thought of my rides.
Fell in love with bikes at age 5.
Amen.

Quick Reply: How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers