The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012 | 06:46 AM
vaham
Road Master

Originally Posted by KingOfTheRoadFXDC
There is old ******* stfu newbie attitude i was lookin for old timer
Well, I got plenty more to teach you just as soon as your ********* drop...

Old 11-04-2012 | 06:48 AM
vaham
Road Master

Originally Posted by 2fast4trouble
I find that the old salty guys may have the personality of a honey badger, but they would be the first ones to stop if you are stuck on the side of the road, give the shirts off their backs, or go out of their way to help you out.

I have much respect for old bikers. Getting old isn't for the weak. And some of them have crazy "old man strength". I shut up, listen and learn. Once I know everything there is to know on my bike, then I pass the knowledge to the next guy.

The OP should watch the movie, Gran Torino. Then it will all make sense to him.
This man got it right.... He STFU until he learned something, and then he spoke

Old 11-04-2012 | 12:23 PM
oaken1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 08sglide4me
I think you will not be a newb after you learn that its not "I could care less" since that means you actually could care less than what you think you can but the correct term is " I couldn't care less" which means what it says.

to me it has always been more of..."who the **** are you....?"

Old 11-04-2012 | 12:57 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Old saying, " respect is earned". If your looking for respect from the crowd your hanging with, your hanging with the wrong crowd.

Old 11-04-2012 | 01:00 PM
ghawthorn
Cruiser

Respect is a two way street. I've met old salty bikers that are cool and also that are full blown douche bags. Who cares anyway?

Old 11-04-2012 | 01:04 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior

I don't even know what an "old biker" is, I got my first motorsickle in 1966, if that counts, but I don't fell old. I don't know about the rest of you old bikers, but I am offened by the OPs "miserable" description. Although it does take a little longer to going in the morning than it used to I don't yet consider myself miserable.

Old 11-04-2012 | 01:51 PM
firefighter616
Club Member

He said "Mud". hehehe

Old 11-05-2012 | 01:38 AM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by KingOfTheRoadFXDC
Ive seen alot on this forum about newbies and pussification of bikers. So i want to know when do you go from being a newbie p*#sy to earning some respect. It seems that alot of people dont remember that they were once a newbie as well, other than the real badasses who popped out of their mother already riding a Harley. just a thought
Don't worry about it. Shut the (f)uck up and ride your scooter.

Last edited by OLD 96; 11-05-2012 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Old.
Old 11-05-2012 | 01:54 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

One of my buddies is 74 and has ridden since he was a teenager.
Our small usual group ranges from 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and the salty old fart John at 74.

He's black so he grew up knowing truly what it was to not be respected by people that don't amount to a hill of beans.

We act ourselves and do not sweat what others think about us.

If you were able to see most of these in real life you're trying to impress, you might have a WTF moment for the wasted effort.

Old 11-05-2012 | 04:49 AM
Challenger
Road Master

Rode the Jack frost rally this past weekend in Green Bay. Just under an hour ride for the three of us just to get to the dealership in Green Bay with temps in the mid 30's and spitting snow.

We get to the dealership and I jump off and start bitching cause my fingers hurt so bad from the cold, I am dressed in the best leather money can buy (chaps, jacket, gloves) but still was cold as hell!

Then this old chopped beat to hell carbed 883 with straight pipes pulls in. No windshield, no fairing, no heated grips with a mid 20's hot as hell chick riding it! She just had a leather coat and jeans. Instant respect!

Quick Reply: How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers