The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012 | 10:06 PM
scoteh
Club Member

Originally Posted by House
What a silly reason to respect a stranger - years using a particular type of transportation. It's just not that great an accomplishment. Riding a motorcycle is something we do because it makes us feel good - not because we are conquering some monumental hardship for the betterment of humanity...or something.
Maybe someday you will understand, Grasshopper! Wax on, way off!

Old 11-01-2012 | 10:09 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Long as your looking for it you will never get it.
Once you stop worrying about it you won't care.
When you don't care they don't madder.
Enjoy the ride and the heck with them.

Old 11-02-2012 | 04:55 AM
kanelakos
Road Master

Originally Posted by Apex Rider
It's hard to get respect when you whine about not getting any respect.

You earn respect,it's not a gift.

Hang in there.
I was raised that you give respect first until they show they don't deserve it. I practice what I preach.

Old 11-02-2012 | 05:18 AM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lumper
Who cars what anyone thinks?
Ride to ride not to be considered a bad ***.
Those posers who think they are a bad *** because of their bikes are lacking in probably every other area of their lives and need the validation or to be identified as something.
Other peoples perception of you doesnt matter.
Anyone who thinks there are classes of bikers is just a poser who joined a club, wears a patch and thinks he is part of something bigger than himself and is a tough guy, lol kinda sad really.
You dont need a bike to be identified, all this labeling is stupid, plus dont forget the internet is a safe haven for weaklings to act tough.
Some pimple faced pencil neck calling bikers pussies online is as close as they will ever come to living their fantasy of being tough, lol pathetic huh?

Lump
Lighten up Francis

Old 11-02-2012 | 08:40 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Riders Club Member

What's funny as hell is all you guys jumping all over calling yourselves " Bikers " just cause you own a harley , reality tip having one doesn't automatically make you the other so your all pissing in the wind with this respect thing . Something to think about ...............................

Get out and enjoy being a motorcycle rider on your bike of choice , you wanna worry about what the crusty old fucs with bookoo years of been there done that think why don't you just be real and have a conversation with a few when you can look them in eye doing it and not sitting behind a keyboard , being real counts outside in the world .

Old 11-02-2012 | 08:48 AM
mmancuso
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
What's funny as hell is all you guys jumping all over calling yourselves " Bikers " just cause you own a harley , reality tip having one doesn't automatically make you the other so your all pissing in the wind with this respect thing . Something to think about ...............................

Get out and enjoy being a motorcycle rider on your bike of choice , you wanna worry about what the crusty old fucs with bookoo years of been there done that think why don't you just be real and have a conversation with a few when you can look them in eye doing it and not sitting behind a keyboard , being real counts outside in the world .
I don't care if anyone thinks I'm a biker or not, but I do talk to many old timers, including my best friend who has been riding for over 42 years, been down a few times, including having someone rear-end him and send him and his ride sailing over a guard rail, fracturing his pelvis. Meet with many of his friends, some riding longer than he, and none of them are the ******** that some of the old-timers on here come across as. That keyboard thing works both ways.

Old 11-02-2012 | 08:55 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

here how it works......ride with old crust basterds, learn right from wrong keep you mouth shut and IF and only "IF" you can ride will you be acepted.....worked for me.......

Old 11-02-2012 | 09:09 AM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Knucky
I don't give a **** if you or anyone else takes me seriously - in fact, I'd prefer they didn't.
Your wish has been granted.

Old 11-02-2012 | 09:18 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by mmancuso
I don't care if anyone thinks I'm a biker or not, but I do talk to many old timers, including my best friend who has been riding for over 42 years, been down a few times, including having someone rear-end him and send him and his ride sailing over a guard rail, fracturing his pelvis. Meet with many of his friends, some riding longer than he, and none of them are the ******** that some of the old-timers on here come across as. That keyboard thing works both ways.
Time in the saddle nor the brand you ride doesn't make you a " Biker " so you haven't a clue about what your carrying on about . Biker is a breed apart not a label , you were either born with what it takes to become one or you weren't and no amount of time or toys will make you one . You ran across some old timers who looked down their noses at some things , get over it how's it affecting your life other than a bruised ego ?

Sounds to me like another wannabe who's butt hurt because he's looking for a label that doesn't fit his narrow *** . Go ride your bike and quit worrying about it .............

Old 11-02-2012 | 09:21 AM
CalypsoNotch93
Road Master

I just don't give a ****. I ride to ride, not care what other people think

Quick Reply: How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers