The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012 | 09:52 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by cromagnon
miserable old bikers will never like you
I don't like him
Listen to the cryin

Old 11-01-2012 | 09:54 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member

10 years or 50,000 miles which ever comes first...

Old 11-01-2012 | 09:56 AM
johnjay
Road Warrior

All this respect stuff is all over rated here. There are different levels of respect, different forms of respect. It's not a chain of command. I might think someone is a really good bike rider, makes the bike do things I can't imagine, but why would I respect him? I don't really know him. He might beat his kids. I just don't know him. Same goes with bikers all around.
I respect the flag, does not mean I respect all flags. Has nothing to do with age, experience, clothing, make or model of bike. I never try to earn respect, just don't care enough of what others think of me as a bike rider...I got a nice bike, jeans, work boots, beat up HD leather jacket and a nice helmet. That's all I need. I don't need you to respect me, but I don't need you to hate me either. You don't really know me, and that works both ways.

Old 11-01-2012 | 10:05 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Respect is earned...age, experience or type of bike you ride makes no difference to me. Be respectful of others and their opinions and you will likely receive the same thing in return, learn from other people's advise who have been there & provide useful advise that could help someone else, and don't pretend to be something you're not in life or on here...keep it real & be honest.

Old 11-01-2012 | 10:08 AM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member

When you don't have time for this piddly B.S. worrying about if some dumbass on the internet thinks you're cool. Personally if work wasn't keeping me from riding, I'd be doing that instead of being here. (I use the term work loosely)

Old 11-01-2012 | 10:37 AM
Proteus
Road Master

Being 47 years old, I don't need to justify myself to other said miserable old bikers. I do what I want, whenever I want, wherever I want ...

This already was my motto when I was 20 years old.

Old 11-01-2012 | 10:38 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harley_Dude
10 years or 50,000 miles which ever comes first...
Been riding since 64

In the last 5 yrs, I've ridden over 100,000 on 4 motorcycles

Old 11-01-2012 | 10:52 AM
kzoo
Road Master

I dont want respect or want to respect. Just let me ride my damn scoot!

I will have your back if I think you are getting treated unfairly or outnumbered and you were not the cause of your own pending demise. That is not respect, that is being human. Do you have my back, prolly not, no need as I dont go looking for problems.

Old 11-01-2012 | 10:59 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Proteus
Being 47 years old, I don't need to justify myself to other said miserable old bikers. I do what I want, whenever I want, wherever I want ...

This already was my motto when I was 20 years old.
WE might have to put you on Probation

Old 11-01-2012 | 11:13 AM
2 Wheels Up
Cruiser

I see new guys where I work all the time. They get hired and in 9 months they want respect. They don't get it and are frowned at. Like many said, you just don't get respect, you EARN respect along with attitude. Some have a great attitude and fit right in. They then gain respect from the "older miserable guys."

Some young punk wants to come in and shoot his mouth thinking he knows everything? Your on your own......... Sometimes listen & learn.

Quick Reply: How old or how much exerience do you need to get respect from miserable old bikers