The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its not just cagers that are out to get us

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 09:20 PM
TheBig-O
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Its not just cagers that are out to get us

Today I was traveling down route one along New Hampshire sea coast. It's a single lane , heavy traffic , narrow road and with many strip malls and businesses on both sides. I was moving along at a 40 to 50 mph clip in a line of traffic . First car in front of me was out about 25 feet . It's the type of road where you can't day dream . If things were to go bad it would happen quick . You know the type .. Then came Bronson . A bike came up from behind. I usually take the left side of my lane and he rode up to about five feet behind and three feet over off my right . It was like we were riding formation . Then he passed me on my right with about two/three feet between us . It was tight . I was cool though and maintained , just shook my head .But now Bronson was if front of me . He couldn't go anywhere because of traffic . Stayed this way for a few miles until we hit a red light .Split second decision was made and I slid up on his left . He was a kid, 18,19 maybe 20 . . So I decided to have a teachable moment for us .I looked over and I told him that I didn't appreciate his crowding me and passing on my right , in my lane . Told him that he put me and himself in danger . He gave me a couple of quick glances but never turned his head , never said a word , just kept looking straight ahead. This " no response thing" pissed me off so I yelled " **** head do you understand what I'm trying to tell you "? At that moment the light turned green and off he went like a bat out of hell . My intent was to educate the kid not bully . Maybe get him to think a little before he hurts himself or others . And no I don't make a habit of this sort of intervention .

Last edited by TheBig-O; 10-26-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:35 PM
TheBig-O
Tourer

Please excuse . Just realized that MiniWolf has a thread on this same subject. Should have posted there .

Old 10-23-2012, 09:50 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say you let him off easy!

Old 10-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Retardo Garcia
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good!

Old 10-24-2012, 03:31 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

His lack of acknowledgment to your talking shows that he knew he was a dumbass. Hopefully he won't ever pull that s*#t again.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:47 PM
scubadvr35
Cruiser

F'kin punk a$$ kids, I wish his daddy/momma whichever one was the diciplinarian in his family woulda beat a lil more respect n2 his bones as a small child

Old 10-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Blueflame1
Tourer

I see your avatar is Aladdin, and pics of the Black Hills, Wyoming and South Dakota...presumably you have been to Sturgis etc....what did you think about riding 4 X abreast up there ?

Once we got passed by 3 bikes (S.O.S.) riding side by side, yeah three of them side by side on a 2 lane road, they cut back in so tight infront of us I thought wow...thats close, but thats how tight they were used to riding.

My bud and I used to ride for 1000's of miles - side-by-side, pass like that etc etc.

Move over and share the lane, the kid didnt do anything wrong, two bikes can easily ride next to each other.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:32 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 110 Posts

At least he paced you for a bit and he probably determined that you knew he was there before passing you. Better than simply flying by unannounced. But with the traffic ahead and no place to go, what's the point?

Old 10-26-2012, 12:28 AM
TheBig-O
Tourer

If he felt he co
Originally Posted by Blueflame1
I see your avatar is Aladdin, and pics of the Black Hills, Wyoming and South Dakota...presumably you have been to Sturgis etc....what did you think about riding 4 X abreast up there ?

Once we got passed by 3 bikes (S.O.S.) riding side by side, yeah three of them side by side on a 2 lane road, they cut back in so tight infront of us I thought wow...thats close, but thats how tight they were used to riding.

My bud and I used to ride for 1000's of miles - side-by-side, pass like that etc etc.

Move over and share the lane, the kid didnt do anything wrong, two bikes can easily ride next to each other.
I see your point Blueflame1 . Sturgis was a situation that I agreed to put myself into for the sake of the experience . Also realized that being in Sturgis at rally time meant riding in a crowded environment . There were thousands of bikes going to the same place at the same time as me . Many times I was boxed in and at the mercy of unknown riders of unknown skill . During my stay there were many accidents and some fatalities because of situations like this . What are you going to do ? You just block it out and have fun . Back home there is no need to ride like that , I wasn't blocking or slowing him down . If he keeps it up he will take himself and maybe someone else out . About riding many miles side by side with your buddy . I have and will do the same thing , but I pick who with . I also maintain that it's my lane and I will ride it according to conditions. There was a broken center line . If he felt that he could squeeze into the 25 foot space in front of me he could have waited for an opening and passed me on the left . He had options

Last edited by TheBig-O; 10-26-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Markk9
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Young, dumb and invincible, I remember that time of my life. Thank the lord, I lived through it.