The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All this hate on new riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 01:42 PM
cikos1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All this hate on new riders

I keep seeing people talking crap on "New" bikers and how all the new ones are pussies and what not with their new vests, jackets, patches, etc. Maybe the new vests and clothes is what's making the newbies pussies by trying to fit in? Weren't the "old school" bikers new bikers at one time? Everybody needs to start somewhere right? What happens to riding when all the old school bikers kick the bucket, is riding supposed to just stop all of a sudden? Just my thoughts.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:46 PM
botz723
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cikos1
I keep seeing people talking crap on "New" bikers and how all the new ones are pussies and what not with their new vests, jackets, patches, etc. Maybe the new vests and clothes is what's making the newbies pussies by trying to fit in? Weren't the "old school" bikers new bikers at one time? Everybody needs to start somewhere right? What happens to riding when all the old school bikers kick the bucket, is riding supposed to just stop all of a sudden? Just my thoughts.
Cikos1, man I feel ya, but people hate for the sake of hating...

It's not getting better. Just do your own thing......

Oh AND TAKE EVERYTHING YOU READ on the Internet with a grain of salt...

People are WAY cooler in person.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:12 PM
cikos1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by botz723
Cikos1, man I feel ya, but people hate for the sake of hating...

It's not getting better. Just do your own thing......

Oh AND TAKE EVERYTHING YOU READ on the Internet with a grain of salt...

People are WAY cooler in person.
There's always the tough guy attitude going on when the person is behind a computer, and they can be the same way in person, but most of the time it isn't.
I will do my own thing as that's who I am.
I like riding cause it's fun, and I'm going to keep it that way.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:22 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,977 Likes on 838 Posts

Originally Posted by cikos1
Weren't the "old school" bikers new bikers at one time?
Some of us have always been old and crotchity with years of experience; welcome to our little dysfunctional family!

Old 10-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't think it's so much the "new biker" thing, but more of the "pirate" costumes you see a lot of them wear.

I'll be straight up with you - I absolutely love going to the dealership's open-house type of events. It's frigging hilarious! All the yuppies in their brand new vests, ironed t-shirts and jeans, fresh shiny new boots, and chain wallets. They buy up arm fulls of $500 leather jackets, HD branded chaps, purses, belts, rain jackets... you name it, they buy it. Then they walk out to the parking lot and put it all in their brand-new, shiny SUV.

WTF?!

Eight months later, they're selling their one-year old bike with 900 miles.

How can you not bust those guys *****? They're not new "riders" at all, they're wannabees.

If you ride, then that's great. Problem is - most of the new buyers, are not riders.

Good luck, and ride safe!

Old 10-19-2012, 02:35 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
I don't think it's so much the "new biker" thing, but more of the "pirate" costumes you see a lot of them wear.

I'll be straight up with you - I absolutely love going to the dealership's open-house type of events. It's frigging hilarious! All the yuppies in their brand new vests, ironed t-shirts and jeans, fresh shiny new boots, and chain wallets. They buy up arm fulls of $500 leather jackets, HD branded chaps, purses, belts, rain jackets... you name it, they buy it. Then they walk out to the parking lot and put it all in their brand-new, shiny SUV.

WTF?!

Eight months later, they're selling their one-year old bike with 900 miles.

How can you not bust those guys *****? They're not new "riders" at all, they're wannabees.

If you ride, then that's great. Problem is - most of the new buyers, are not riders.

Good luck, and ride safe!
That's funny. Sometimes I see these guys that work on the base with me at the dealer doing the same thing. They always ask me in the morning "did you ride today?". WTF? I got on full leathers and carrying a helmet. I ask them if they have ridden in the last few months. Normally they just say they don't have the time. And I say, you don't wear a suit, why not ride to work? They always give me this crap about it being too cold or too hot or it might rain. I say why bother to own a bike. Some of those guys think I'm an *******.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:43 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Never heard any hate towards new riders because they are new. It is funny to see middle aged guys buy their 1st bike (brand new of course) and all the gear (including patches). Overnight they become experts at everything/anything motorcycle related.
These guys will be the the first to recommend the most expensive everything, anything less is junk.
Sorry you can't buy years of experience and knowledge.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:46 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts

Everybody has to start somewhere. Don't let the voice of a few dictate the sentiment of the many. We, as a community, have to support each other and welcome our bretherin with open arms. The very fact that anyone would be-little anyone else is childish, immature and totally not acceptable.

Now go wash my bike! HANG AROUND!

Old 10-19-2012, 02:49 PM
wayslow
Tourer

I think you run into more of the crap talkin' on forums than you do on the road. And I sorta understand it...you get some guys that have owned a Harley for 2 years and all of a sudden they're experts on how yer bike oughtta look or perform or which model is the BEST bike (usually one like they own), and that f'n galls some of us that have decades of riding under our belts. And, too, the buying of everything that says Harley on it so that the world knows they're a biker. On the road it's different...you start runnin' yer mouth in the real world and somebody will damn sure close it for ya. But online, you can be an a-hole without worrying about gettin' bitchslapped.

Last edited by wayslow; 10-19-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:50 PM
botz723
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

See, this is the same **** cikos1 was talking about...

I bet I could eye ball you guys up in a parking lot and tear you up for a number of ****in things.....but I don't. Cause I'm not a dick...

Don't like a dude buying 1k worth of ****? What's it to you? It's his ****in money...

You ride everyday through ****in blizzards? Good for you....

What a joke..

Quick Reply: All this hate on new riders