The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All this hate on new riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012 | 02:29 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,983 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanuki
Another english teacher are ya?
Being able to spell correctly is not a requirement to succeed at life so who gives a ****.
Correct Spellun is for dropkicks who had no life in the school years.
Nope, not a teacher. I just paid attention when it was necessary. And I had a life in school. I was banging your girlfriend while meatheads like you were in detention or staying after class cleaning chalkboards...

Old 10-21-2012 | 02:53 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Newharleylover
I know some guys like that and I find it kinda funny really. They throw money around like having some $ in their pocket is going to give them flesh eating disease! They have some really nice garage queens though. With tons of "Live to Ride" bling on them or more skulls than you could dig up in a cemetary. I'm by no means "old school" or Mr. Experience but I find the entertainment value priceless watching people pretend they are.
Hahaha! You get it, that's what I'm talking about.

Old 10-21-2012 | 03:09 PM
digiover
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cromagnon
That's funny. Sometimes I see these guys that work on the base with me at the dealer doing the same thing. They always ask me in the morning "did you ride today?". WTF? I got on full leathers and carrying a helmet. I ask them if they have ridden in the last few months. Normally they just say they don't have the time. And I say, you don't wear a suit, why not ride to work? They always give me this crap about it being too cold or too hot or it might rain. I say why bother to own a bike. Some of those guys think I'm an *******.
You know I've been riding for 40 years stopped for about 10 when the kids were young...bottom line is how often do you ride I had someone say to me and yes I finally sold my 96 Electra glide how did you put so many miles on your 2012 sg I said I ride always have ....every day 12 -15 hundred a month . Now I grew up in New Hampshire riding with a club but now ride to work as a manager with white collar clothes on. I was at the dealer the other day and it was a hoot people just suck up the clothes and ride when there is a 5 % chance of rain!

Last edited by digiover; 10-21-2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Just wanted too
Old 10-21-2012 | 03:25 PM
maldito33
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Who gives a crap what people think, I ride a Harley because I love the sound and the kind of riding I do. I like rice rockets but don't have one or ride one,but think they are cool as hell racing. I don't care if I ride next to Vulcan/Victory or ride behind one. I don't have the "perfect" riding clothes or ride a Street Glide or Electra Glide. I wish my bike was stripped and lowered but if I go for a ride I need bags to hold my Meds, clothing .etc.....I need two bikes but barley afford the one I have. I used to have a dirt bike in the desert with my son as he grew up, then moved back to the city. They had county bike parks but I hated it. Kids/adults showing off in thier newer rides and clothes...snotty *****....Now not all but some newer riders are that way......I say screw them....each to their own.......
My first Harley I bought in 77, Sam Arena Dealer in San Jose, Ca.

Last edited by maldito33; 10-21-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-21-2012 | 04:19 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,915 Likes on 989 Posts

Originally Posted by patrickd
See there's one of the issues we're having here. This isn't where the hate comes from, this is where comedy comes from.

Watching these clowns come along thinking they're the top dog because of their new $20K+ ride may make a guy angry. It shouldn't. When they do stupid crap like this we then get to witness first hand how they react when reality checks in and it is hilarious! Don't be hating these idiots! Give them the attention they want. Just don't let 'em know we're not laughing with them we're laughing at them as most of them can't tell the difference.
Patrick,

The only problem with your theory is when this dork pulls up next to you on your bike, and forgets to put his foot on the ground…or grabs a handful of front brake in a slow turn, and ends up on top of you and your bike, then it's not real funny anymore.

Personally, I don't give a **** about yuppies buying $40K CVO baggers as their first bike, or the guy that dresses over the top in Harley branded gear. I figure they're helping our economy. When that same yuppie sells that CVO 2 years down the road with 800 miles on it for $20K, I figure he's providing a beautiful garage queen to some lucky guy…again, good for the economy, and good for other riders.

My only beef with these new guys is their riding ability. I don't want one of these ***** riding their Ultra for the first time taking my *** out on the street, or falling into my bike when they're parking it. Excluding these events, I could probably have a good laugh right there with ya.

Old 10-21-2012 | 04:52 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,084 Likes on 17,944 Posts

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson
Patrick,

The only problem with your theory is when this dork pulls up next to you on your bike, and forgets to put his foot on the ground…or grabs a handful of front brake in a slow turn, and ends up on top of you and your bike, then it's not real funny anymore.

Personally, I don't give a **** about yuppies buying $40K CVO baggers as their first bike, or the guy that dresses over the top in Harley branded gear. I figure they're helping our economy. When that same yuppie sells that CVO 2 years down the road with 800 miles on it for $20K, I figure he's providing a beautiful garage queen to some lucky guy…again, good for the economy, and good for other riders.

My only beef with these new guys is their riding ability. I don't want one of these ***** riding their Ultra for the first time taking my *** out on the street, or falling into my bike when they're parking it.
Excluding these events, I could probably have a good laugh right there with ya.
Over the years I've buried a number of people I've known due to newbie riders choking on a curve or freaking out at speed , lost 2 in the same accident . What I find totally screwed is the tendency for these spanking new riders with zero skills outside of a suit or office buying the largest heaviest bikes they can . What is with that ? At their usual age you'd think some kinda common sense would be there ............

Old 10-21-2012 | 06:13 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,840 Likes on 3,179 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Over the years I've buried a number of people I've known due to newbie riders choking on a curve or freaking out at speed , lost 2 in the same accident . What I find totally screwed is the tendency for these spanking new riders with zero skills outside of a suit or office buying the largest heaviest bikes they can . What is with that ? At their usual age you'd think some kinda common sense would be there ............
Remember sometime back in the 90's when the first "Harley Parking Only" signs started appearing at the Country Clubs?

The people who collect safety statistics, ( NHSTA,) discovered that for a time, the fastest growing injury/death accidents on motorcycles were occuring to middle aged males on heavyweight bikes.

I wonder just who they were referring to? Not to worry, they've got ABS now!

Last edited by Stiggy; 10-21-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-21-2012 | 07:10 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,915 Likes on 989 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
What I find totally screwed is the tendency for these spanking new riders with zero skills outside of a suit or office buying the largest heaviest bikes they can . What is with that ? At their usual age you'd think some kinda common sense would be there ............
I don't know if it's their ego, or maybe they're listening to some of their dumbshit friends with 2 months riding experience telling them that they can learn as they go on an Ultra. I've seen this on a whole bunch of threads right here on this forum when some dude asks "what bike should I buy for my first motorcycle?" Common sense goes right out the window.

Old 10-21-2012 | 07:41 PM
DGDeuce
Club Member
Received 5,872 Likes on 2,355 Posts

At least when LEO's see a motorcycle now they think "geek" instead of trouble maker.

Old 10-21-2012 | 07:46 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Haters gonna hate

Quick Reply: All this hate on new riders