The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All this hate on new riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012 | 09:34 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,084 Likes on 17,944 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra Rider 07
Who gives a ****, so somebody goes out and buys a new bike and the costume to go with it. If its a harley, good at least it's American built. What makes an old biker? I know a few that have been riding since the 60's they are still in good shape and IF they put a 1000 miles on their bike in a year it's been a good year. Old vs new as long as they ain't screwing up my ride knock yourself out.
Now that's some delusional **** those very overpriced toys everybody is living out their mid life crisis on are at least 30% made in china or elsewhere overseas parts and you can bet good money you'll be buying a harley made in India sometime in the next few years , that's coming so get your head around it now if you want to play keep up with the Jones with a new bike constantly .

What makes an old biker ? Got nothing to do with denting your *** on a seat or how many tires a year you can go through . It's a culmination of a lifetime of been there done that .

Enjoy your toy that is the point of having one isn't it ?

Old 10-21-2012 | 09:41 AM
Tanuki
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

What makes an old biker ?

TIME !!

Old 10-21-2012 | 09:42 AM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ja57
Okay I guess you would think I am posing for the latest fad when you see me. So let me tell you looks don't always tell the story. In 2008 I had a run of bad luck. I got ran off the road by a drunk cager. Tore the hell out of my leather which I had for about 20 years. My son turns around and bought me a new HD leather jacket. Then later that year I was again run off the road bur this time by a teen age girl texting my leather vest didn't do well against a tree. Son brought me a new HD vest. Yes I wear both the jacket and the vest so I guess I am a posing for the fad as you would say. So don't jump if you don't know the whole story.
Chill. You missed my point... A single jacket or vest is not what I was referring to.

We've all seen them... The "riders" who have the HD doo-rag, the HD jacket, the HD chaps, the HD jeans, the HD wallet, shirt, bumper stickers, phone case, jewelry, hat, purse, and every other marketed item stamped with the HD bar and shield, all in pristine, new-off-the-shelf, never rained-on, or splattered-a-bug condition. As they drive their cage up to the dealership. True bikers.

Look, I love to see a new rider discover the joys of riding and learning how to safely develop their skills. Nothing is more rewarding than to see someone with that knees-in-the-breeze smile, alongside you. But the pirate-costumed posers are a completely different source of amusement.

Old 10-21-2012 | 09:42 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

In real life you meet nice old bikers. I met the 77 year old owner of this sidecar with walker on it at a nice Bloody Mary stop, at Bootleggers, in Glidden, WI. He told some good stories about riding Harley's in the 40's. He never asked me my occupation, or how much money I made, or if I took my bike to a dealer for work.

Old 10-21-2012 | 09:45 AM
Newharleylover
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,165 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by ja57
Okay I guess you would think I am posing for the latest fad when you see me. So let me tell you looks don't always tell the story. In 2008 I had a run of bad luck. I got ran off the road by a drunk cager. Tore the hell out of my leather which I had for about 20 years. My son turns around and bought me a new HD leather jacket. Then later that year I was again run off the road bur this time by a teen age girl texting my leather vest didn't do well against a tree. Son brought me a new HD vest. Yes I wear both the jacket and the vest so I guess I am a posing for the fad as you would say. So don't jump if you don't know the whole story.
Lol! That's way too funny! I've been riding almost 30 years and 8 years ago some chick pulled out in front of me and I broad sided her car. Skull fracture, tons of broken bones, internal bleeding, all that happy horseshit. Anyway the paramedics cut all my clothes off, my leather jacket, my boots, my pants and chaps, everything. I'm nekkid as a jaybird! A couple years later I bought another bike but of course I had to replace all my riding gear. So nowadays I am riding around in leather that still looks pretty damned new riding a 3 year old bike! Imagine how that looks to all the "seasoned and experienced" riders around here! Lol!

Old 10-21-2012 | 09:45 AM
Tanuki
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by hdgzr
I think you took care of that all on your own.
Another english teacher are ya?

Being able to spell correctly is not a requirement to succeed at life so who gives a ****.

Correct Spellun is for dropkicks who had no life in the school years.

Old 10-21-2012 | 09:59 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,084 Likes on 17,944 Posts

Most of you missed the point of the clowning I think , pretty easy to tell who has time & grade regardless of the age or make of the gear they are wearing . It's the " Pop Tarts " as I call the instant new riders who go over the top trying to be the image when they role out the door on that first bike .

We've all seen them or are guilty as hell of being one , you know the spanking new rider who has " Born to be wild " running through his head 20 minutes after he throws down the gold card .

Old 10-21-2012 | 10:10 AM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 246 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
Everybody has to start somewhere. Don't let the voice of a few dictate the sentiment of the many. We, as a community, have to support each other and welcome our bretherin with open arms. The very fact that anyone would be-little anyone else is childish, immature and totally not acceptable.

Now go wash my bike! HANG AROUND!
Well said, everyone needs to start riding at some point in their lives. Why does it matter to anyone what they do with their money? Buying new is great, keeps the MOCO in business, keeps americans working, puts like new bikes out there for a good price.
Win win for everyone.
I have been riding for 50+ yrs, will still talk to and wave to anyone. We are all in it for the sport. Some find out it is not for them, that is fine. Move on to something else.
i also was a flight instructor for many years, some people did not make it, some were natural pilots. How does one know unless they try??

Old 10-21-2012 | 10:32 AM
Newharleylover
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,165 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Most of you missed the point of the clowning I think , pretty easy to tell who has time & grade regardless of the age or make of the gear they are wearing . It's the " Pop Tarts " as I call the instant new riders who go over the top trying to be the image when they role out the door on that first bike .

We've all seen them or are guilty as hell of being one , you know the spanking new rider who has " Born to be wild " running through his head 20 minutes after he throws down the gold card .
I know some guys like that and I find it kinda funny really. They throw money around like having some $ in their pocket is going to give them flesh eating disease! They have some really nice garage queens though. With tons of "Live to Ride" bling on them or more skulls than you could dig up in a cemetary. I'm by no means "old school" or Mr. Experience but I find the entertainment value priceless watching people pretend they are.

Old 10-21-2012 | 10:51 AM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Benway
THIS is where the hate comes from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRLagpnaUGg
See there's one of the issues we're having here. This isn't where the hate comes from, this is where comedy comes from.

Watching these clowns come along thinking they're the top dog because of their new $20K+ ride may make a guy angry. It shouldn't. When they do stupid crap like this we then get to witness first hand how they react when reality checks in and it is hilarious! Don't be hating these idiots! Give them the attention they want. Just don't let 'em know we're not laughing with them we're laughing at them as most of them can't tell the difference.

Quick Reply: All this hate on new riders