The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All this hate on new riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012 | 08:34 PM
krwould
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,315 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway
THIS is where the hate comes from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRLagpnaUGg
Good thing he was wearin a helmet.....

Biker 101, put at least one foot ona ground when coming to a stop...

Old 10-21-2012 | 12:59 AM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,915 Likes on 989 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway
THIS is where the hate comes from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRLagpnaUGg
Don't you just love it? He just stands there with a stupid grin on his face, while other people lift his bike back up. No thanks or anything.

This is exactly the type of guy I'm talking about when I suggest that new motorcycle riders learn their basic skill set on a smaller metric bike, then move up to a Harley after you know WTF you're doing.

This **** has no business being on a Harley or any other heavyweight/high performance bike. He is a danger to himself (but he doesn't know it), and everyone else on the road.

Old 10-21-2012 | 02:17 AM
Smitty79
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been riding about 15 years or so and I was lucky enough to have several bikers in my family who taught me the basics and how to show respect. There's just a faction out there who just watched the lastest epsiode of SOA and Gangland and think that they are instantly big bad bikers. They'll learn and be all the much better once they do. I'm not a grey beard, but I was lucky enough to learn from some and I'm glad that we have new bikers to keep the way of life going. No hate here, just wish that they would think before they speak and realize that you have to ride and wrench before you really know anything about your bike.

Old 10-21-2012 | 03:48 AM
Proteus
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Remember: at any moment in your life, other people will sometimes consider you being an idiot. Happens all the time.

I should know, I ride a Sportster and I enjoy it...

Old 10-21-2012 | 05:52 AM
nc883
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soft 02
Have you popped the hood of a car lately? Its a different time and requires a bit more patience with the new breed.
Yep. Nice fringe benefit of working at a new car dealer for the last 2 decades.

Old 10-21-2012 | 06:00 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,840 Likes on 3,179 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
Good thing he was wearin a helmet.....

Biker 101, put at least one foot ona ground when coming to a stop...
But you can't tell him that....

He'll just argue with you that he knows what he's doing and you don't know what you're talking about!

Old 10-21-2012 | 06:01 AM
Ultra Rider 07
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 290 Likes on 142 Posts

Who gives a ****, so somebody goes out and buys a new bike and the costume to go with it. If its a harley, good at least it's American built. What makes an old biker? I know a few that have been riding since the 60's they are still in good shape and IF they put a 1000 miles on their bike in a year it's been a good year. Old vs new as long as they ain't screwing up my ride knock yourself out.

Old 10-21-2012 | 07:15 AM
ja57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
Yep! That was my point.

I'm all about guys buying bikes, learning how to take care of them, and actually riding them. It's rewarding toi see a guy learn, and enjoy that ****. But no respect for the dipshits who are posin' for the latest fad.
Okay I guess you would think I am posing for the latest fad when you see me. So let me tell you looks don't always tell the story. In 2008 I had a run of bad luck. I got ran off the road by a drunk cager. Tore the hell out of my leather which I had for about 20 years. My son turns around and bought me a new HD leather jacket. Then later that year I was again run off the road bur this time by a teen age girl texting my leather vest didn't do well against a tree. Son brought me a new HD vest. Yes I wear both the jacket and the vest so I guess I am a posing for the fad as you would say. So don't jump if you don't know the whole story.

Old 10-21-2012 | 07:47 AM
Tanuki
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

Who gives a flyin **** if some dipsh!t can afford the branded gear and a bike but doesnt know how to ride it, so long a he doesnt crash into you or screw ya wench it makes no difference to anything. Let the dickwads fall off, crash and make fools of them selves so long as they dont interfere in my ride I don't give a F..K, they only make themsleves look stoopud not making the rest of us look stoopud.

Old 10-21-2012 | 09:17 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,983 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanuki
...they only make themsleves look stoopud not making the rest of us look stoopud.
I think you took care of that all on your own.

Quick Reply: All this hate on new riders