The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All this hate on new riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012 | 11:51 AM
cikos1
|
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the do it yourself generation is dwindling away. Thats why im building my bike. 79 ironhead. I figured the first bike i own will be one that i know how it works from inside out Also i didnt start this thread to have a self pitty moment. Its just something i noticed in the past.

Old 10-20-2012 | 11:56 AM
tbone108
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think Harleys are marketed as a motorcycle. They are aiming at people who have got to a certain age and have some cash. They are a treat to the person who wants to pat them selves on the back and say to others that they have a harley. That said if the bikes were not sold to people who are minted may be 80% then the moto co would not be there for the 20% of life long bikers that want one. I have rode with all types of riders and there is good and bad in both groups.

Old 10-20-2012 | 12:32 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,084 Likes on 17,944 Posts

Originally Posted by hdgzr
To the "OP"...
Son, if you think a little good-hearted ribbing of the newbies is hate, you really don't have a clue. I've seen hate in it's purest unadulterated form, and nothing I've seen on this forum holds a candle to it.
Lots of folks on here will give you a good dressin' down if you talk out your ***, but in the same breath they'll help you any way they can if you ask.
That ain't hate, that's brotherhood.
That sums it up in a nutshell , hate is a strong word what gets tossed around in here " distain " for the instant shake & bake types is more like what I see . Sure everybody was new at one time, difference is with most us old school types we grew into the look or lifestyle over time as our experience & exposure grew .

If we came out of the gate like they they do today going Clark Kent to Macho Biker in the changing room somebody wore you narrow *** out quick for being an idiot and more times than not it was a cop doing it , they didn't have big weekend events so all the newbies can buy more **** and role act all day perpetuating the illusion they have done or become something besides a new bike owner with a **** load of overpriced & over marketed stuff .

Old 10-20-2012 | 12:36 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,084 Likes on 17,944 Posts

Originally Posted by cikos1
I believe the do it yourself generation is dwindling away. Thats why im building my bike. 79 ironhead. I figured the first bike i own will be one that i know how it works from inside out Also i didnt start this thread to have a self pitty moment. Its just something i noticed in the past.
I'll pass you long credit for that , first time the bike fires after your done and you stand back looking at what you just created you'll understand where the old school comes from with some our attitudes , no better feeling beside maybe watching your child being born . It's almost he same thing .

Old 10-20-2012 | 12:36 PM
CB024
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnjay
If we didn't have people buying all the Harley gear that everyone hates so much there would be no Harley. You don't believe the company could survive on the sale of bikes and the dealers would certainly go broke. I for one have a HD leather coat and a wind breaker jacket. Have had them for years and I wear them.
New riders are just that, new, so was everyone. The term "Biker" always fascinated me. I do not consider myself a bike although I been riding for over 45 years. Pirates is another term that fits almost everyone. Black bike, jeans, boots, vest or leather jacket, gloves and sunglasses. Really. I don't see too many eye patches and swords. Some guns but no canons. I know we don't want anyone else to look like "us" because we are Harley bikers and that newby guy didn't pay his dues yet but you have forgotten that was you, once.
I tried the eye patch but with no depth perception I kept rear ending cars and couldnt see crap from the right. Now I just wait until I park then the patch comes out. I only bring my sword and blunderbuss for raids. Too bulky for daily use. Arrrrgh!

Old 10-20-2012 | 12:55 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by torchman
Ahh be careful twist ur really walkin the edge here, some may take you as a hater. And why the fok du ya gotta bring cheese into it for, you know I`m kinda sensitive about that. geewizzzzzzzzz
My bad,bro. About the cheese,I mean.Gratin' some for the eggs right now.
Originally Posted by IronWright
kumba yah me lord.....kumba...get the phukk outta here...ride your skooter and STFU
Yeah,that. Really hatin' these marshmallow roastin',Kumbayah singin',hikin' boot wearin',backpack rockin' limpdicks. Ain't nothin' right about any of it.

Old 10-20-2012 | 01:46 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

THIS is where the hate comes from:

Old 10-20-2012 | 07:14 PM
zion
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cikos1, all I know is that if that's you in your avatar pic, well based on the 'stache and what appears to be some righteous sideburn/muttonchop kind of thing going on.... you look old school...even if you need training wheels!

I've been riding over 25 years....does that make me old school? I don't know.... I think old school, at least these days, is more of how you handle yourself and others. With self respect and respect towards them. I'm a crappy "wrench" and don't get to ride as much as I like sometimes....but, I figure if you ride and don't act like an asshat, you're on the road to earning respect.

Last edited by zion; 10-20-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10-20-2012 | 07:26 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway
THIS is where the hate comes from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRLagpnaUGg

think he was rather unaware of his immediate surroundings;
at least he didn't pick it up by himself like some I know.

Old 10-20-2012 | 07:55 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,258 Likes on 4,784 Posts

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=sSrzw...h%3Fv%3DsSrzwB1DVFs

Last edited by IronAss; 10-20-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Quick Reply: All this hate on new riders