The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All this hate on new riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012 | 04:37 AM
nc883
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, it has alot to do with ignorance. The "how do I change my turn signal bulb?" or 1%'er crap. What happened to doing **** yourself? Get your hands dirty ladies. Ride your ride, respect the patch, appreciate the brotherhood, and don't think that $$ buys you into everything. I'm not a hater, we're all new at one time or another, but for God's sake, don't seem so damned stupid about things. The future of this country makes me wanna puke.

Old 10-20-2012 | 05:15 AM
oakspeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_mama
not another one of these lame assed "waaaaaaa, nobody loves me!" threads
jesus loves you.

Old 10-20-2012 | 06:19 AM
Theatan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dammed,..! And I was worried because someone stole the wear bars off my back tire and left the tire on the bike fully inflated even!!!
I Hate when that happens!!!

Old 10-20-2012 | 07:18 AM
mattkenzie
Road Master

Old 10-20-2012 | 07:33 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 76,051 Likes on 22,795 Posts

I always encourage new-er riders... and will be decent to them on this forum and in my community.
I don't know why the OP thinks that there is bad mouthing of younger riders..

Old 10-20-2012 | 07:35 AM
hdtwice
Road Master

I dont know, its not because someone is new that they catch grief.. .I think it's more of them acting like they are NOT new which is posing and not being yourself.. ..no one likes that.

Old 10-20-2012 | 07:45 AM
johnjay
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If we didn't have people buying all the Harley gear that everyone hates so much there would be no Harley. You don't believe the company could survive on the sale of bikes and the dealers would certainly go broke. I for one have a HD leather coat and a wind breaker jacket. Have had them for years and I wear them.
New riders are just that, new, so was everyone. The term "Biker" always fascinated me. I do not consider myself a bike although I been riding for over 45 years. Pirates is another term that fits almost everyone. Black bike, jeans, boots, vest or leather jacket, gloves and sunglasses. Really. I don't see too many eye patches and swords. Some guns but no canons. I know we don't want anyone else to look like "us" because we are Harley bikers and that newby guy didn't pay his dues yet but you have forgotten that was you, once.

Old 10-20-2012 | 11:17 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by nc883
IMO, it has alot to do with ignorance. The "how do I change my turn signal bulb?" or 1%'er crap. What happened to doing **** yourself? Get your hands dirty ladies. Ride your ride, respect the patch, appreciate the brotherhood, and don't think that $$ buys you into everything. I'm not a hater, we're all new at one time or another, but for God's sake, don't seem so damned stupid about things. The future of this country makes me wanna puke.
Good post!

Old 10-20-2012 | 11:20 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by johnjay
If we didn't have people buying all the Harley gear that everyone hates so much there would be no Harley. You don't believe the company could survive on the sale of bikes and the dealers would certainly go broke. I for one have a HD leather coat and a wind breaker jacket. Have had them for years and I wear them.
New riders are just that, new, so was everyone. The term "Biker" always fascinated me. I do not consider myself a bike although I been riding for over 45 years. Pirates is another term that fits almost everyone. Black bike, jeans, boots, vest or leather jacket, gloves and sunglasses. Really. I don't see too many eye patches and swords. Some guns but no canons. I know we don't want anyone else to look like "us" because we are Harley bikers and that newby guy didn't pay his dues yet but you have forgotten that was you, once.
Another good post!

Old 10-20-2012 | 11:31 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by nc883
The "do it yourself" generation is almost gone. I teach mechanicing and you are lucky if I in 10 can change there own oil. Have you popped the hood of a car lately? Its a different time and requires a bit more patience with the new breed.

Quick Reply: All this hate on new riders