The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All this hate on new riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012 | 06:43 PM
Dennis777
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the only way motorcycles and riders will survive in the future IS new people getting interested.

Just like anything else in life it takes time and effort to learn the right way.
By that I mean safe and responsible. Sure it is easy to go take a test and buy a bike. Not so easy to jump on take off and stay safe with everything waiting to throw you back off faster than you got on.

If you got sucked into thinking you could buy a lifestyle by getting a Harley you might be disappointed. As you can see by the diversity in this forum alone there are many different types of riders/bikers.

Be yourself, enjoy the journey and take care of you. If you find a lifestyle in there somewhere cool!

I won't bore anyone with my motorcycle resume. Who cares? I love to ride and I love the folks I ride with.

I will add that I have made my share or more of mistakes lived through them and I'm grateful for that.

Old 10-19-2012 | 07:01 PM
Brusier1028
Tourer

I think that there is a tone in the way some people write replies. Mis understood at time.
I've been riding off and on for 7-8 years now. I don't know everything but I've learned a lot. I'm just here to help the new guys figure it out. I know what I know because the old timers took time to show me. Even if they were asses about it. Lol

Old 10-19-2012 | 07:03 PM
Pix
Road Master
Received 282 Likes on 147 Posts

I'm 52 bought my first HD last month 04 ultra, kids and family got int the way last 25 years had 2 boys race MX while I turned wrenches 3rd son pursue wrestling being self employed did not leave time to street ride. Now divorced with 3 boys in the military. Now I can ride everywhere & whenever.

Old 10-19-2012 | 07:04 PM
09FLHT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesnt have anything to do with being a new rider. Its about the geeks that are forcing their way into a party where they arent wanted.

Old 10-19-2012 | 07:12 PM
torchman
Road Master

Originally Posted by Twistnride
Maybe they'll start a "Cheesedick Forum".Then all the newbies can hold each other's weenies and talk about those mean old salty dogs who were riding before they were born,yet never whine about anything,much less start threads like this.
Ahh be careful twist ur really walkin the edge here, some may take you as a hater. And why the fok du ya gotta bring cheese into it for, you know I`m kinda sensitive about that. geewizzzzzzzzz

Old 10-19-2012 | 07:19 PM
MiniWolf
Received 4,845 Likes on 2,298 Posts

Newcomers to any activity are often placed in a lower category by some. This is the way groups are, in all walks of life. Cliques form within groups or socities and some will be suspiscious of newcomers. Sometimes this is because the old timers feel threatened by the newbies coming in and staking territory they feel they have no right to hold.

As far as insults, as others said, this is the internet. Some just talk smack. But I do see legitimate gripes by some of the old timers who have been biking their entire lives. I would probably feel the same way if the roles were reversed and I was the old timer. I am talking about when someone just takes up motorcycling and suddenly they are wearing patches and all that stuff and talking about how to join 1% clubs etc....This kind of reaction is to be expected. But if you just be yourself, I don't think many preople are going to be bothered.

Old 10-19-2012 | 07:42 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not another one of these lame assed "waaaaaaa, nobody loves me!" threads

Old 10-19-2012 | 07:57 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
From: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!

Well... as far as new riders are concerned here, I try and give all riders the "hey ride slow in rain, be aware at all times and dont ride and drive drunk" as far as what people wear, whatever, we can never know who and what people are all about just by looking at them. Those that do, well have it if that what makes you happy. We are all in the same game of life. we all come across the d-bag here and there! It does not mean that everyone is a poser, rub or whatever. Be cool, chill and take people and there bikes as they come. Some guy in the HD outfit might just be a good SOB and the "other" guy who we call 1% might just save your life. Just do what you want and forget all the bullchit and ride and let live!!!

Old 10-19-2012 | 09:45 PM
IronWright
Road Captain

Last edited by IronWright; 10-05-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-19-2012 | 11:10 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member
Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Ah, the hypocrisy!

Quick Reply: All this hate on new riders