The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All this hate on new riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 04:29 PM
CB024
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only time I dress like a pirate is if Im going boating

Old 10-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,774 Likes on 2,024 Posts

Originally Posted by CB024
The only time I dress like a pirate is if Im going boating
Arrrrgh! Shiver me timbers, matey!

Old 10-19-2012, 04:49 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cikos1
I keep seeing people talking crap on "New" bikers and how all the new ones are pussies and what not with their new vests, jackets, patches, etc. Maybe the new vests and clothes is what's making the newbies pussies by trying to fit in? Weren't the "old school" bikers new bikers at one time? Everybody needs to start somewhere right? What happens to riding when all the old school bikers kick the bucket, is riding supposed to just stop all of a sudden? Just my thoughts.
Ignore the negative and focus on the positive...Responding to the negative only leads to a worse place. If all else fails, drink a cold beer!

Old 10-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Maybe they'll start a "Cheesedick Forum".Then all the newbies can hold each other's weenies and talk about those mean old salty dogs who were riding before they were born,yet never whine about anything,much less start threads like this.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
And...there's always the option to "ignore" these posts. The computer operator (aka Keyboard Commando) has control to select & pass on any of these threads. If you don't want the hate then...don't reply to hate...
What, and show personal restraint? What kind of crazy talk is this? Don't you know this is the Internet!? We have no place for logic and reason here!

Old 10-19-2012, 05:28 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Uncle G.
Arrrrgh! Shiver me timbers, matey!
Ha ha! Scrog the wenches!

Old 10-19-2012, 05:39 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,977 Likes on 838 Posts

To the "OP"...
Son, if you think a little good-hearted ribbing of the newbies is hate, you really don't have a clue. I've seen hate in it's purest unadulterated form, and nothing I've seen on this forum holds a candle to it.
Lots of folks on here will give you a good dressin' down if you talk out your ***, but in the same breath they'll help you any way they can if you ask.
That ain't hate, that's brotherhood.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by cikos1
With this being said, I can see the hatred. Instead of actual riding, these guys want to be a part of a Harley fashion show.
Yep! That was my point.

I'm all about guys buying bikes, learning how to take care of them, and actually riding them. It's rewarding toi see a guy learn, and enjoy that ****. But no respect for the dipshits who are posin' for the latest fad.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:57 PM
cikos1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hdgzr
To the "OP"...
Son, if you think a little good-hearted ribbing of the newbies is hate, you really don't have a clue. I've seen hate in it's purest unadulterated form, and nothing I've seen on this forum holds a candle to it.
Lots of folks on here will give you a good dressin' down if you talk out your ***, but in the same breath they'll help you any way they can if you ask.
That ain't hate, that's brotherhood.
You're right. Hate would be the wrong word to use, disliked or heckling is the better description. But not all is good-hearted ribbing, I do know some of it is, we all do it. It's all part of the fun in being part of a brotherhood. I'm realizing though most of the "hate" is for those who try to dress the part of a biker rather than going out for the simple pleasure of riding a bike.

Cheers!

Old 10-19-2012, 06:25 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

there is a ton of psychoanalytical material on this site to fill a Harley Freudian homophobic book.

what's middle aged?????

Quick Reply: All this hate on new riders