The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All this hate on new riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012 | 01:54 PM
Jake17HD
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in no way trying to come across as an *******, but I am a new rider and owner and I couldn't give 2 craps what anyone thinks of me. Do I have a boat load of Harley gear and leather crap? Nope, it's too damn expensive. Do I ride a nice new Harley? Nope, I'm cruisin around on a 1993 Harley Sportster 1200 and I love it. I didn't buy the bike to fit into some magical club or to be accepted by "old school bikers" or anyone for that matter. I bought it to ride, nothing more, nothing less.

Old 10-24-2012 | 02:17 PM
MISFIT456
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Uhmmmm......which way to the pisser? Oh, here it is .......never mind...

Old 10-24-2012 | 02:32 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by MISFIT456
Uhmmmm......which way to the pisser? Oh, here it is .......never mind...

Old 10-24-2012 | 03:29 PM
cikos1
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jake17HD
I am in no way trying to come across as an *******, but I am a new rider and owner and I couldn't give 2 craps what anyone thinks of me. Do I have a boat load of Harley gear and leather crap? Nope, it's too damn expensive. Do I ride a nice new Harley? Nope, I'm cruisin around on a 1993 Harley Sportster 1200 and I love it. I didn't buy the bike to fit into some magical club or to be accepted by "old school bikers" or anyone for that matter. I bought it to ride, nothing more, nothing less.
I hear ya. I really don't care what people think of me, actually, nobody has said anything to me on these forums except for helpful tips to build my bike. Just an observation, I just notice that other new riders are getting heat from other people. I was just curious to as why they're getting heat...

Old 10-24-2012 | 06:37 PM
krwould
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,315 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by mjrfd99
Haters gonna hate. It's a self esteem issue usually.
Only cure is medical marijuana.
33 yrs in FD/EMS and never had a weed OD. 10,000 alcohol,coke and heroin OD's
Almost happened to me... second hand smoke ya know... too many burnin at one time at a party, started eatin Pringles and almost OD'd ona fuggin things..... salt OD I believe....

Old 10-24-2012 | 07:14 PM
Dennis777
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Newharleylover
Lol! That's way too funny! I've been riding almost 30 years and 8 years ago some chick pulled out in front of me and I broad sided her car. Skull fracture, tons of broken bones, internal bleeding, all that happy horseshit. Anyway the paramedics cut all my clothes off, my leather jacket, my boots, my pants and chaps, everything. I'm nekkid as a jaybird! A couple years later I bought another bike but of course I had to replace all my riding gear. So nowadays I am riding around in leather that still looks pretty damned new riding a 3 year old bike! Imagine how that looks to all the "seasoned and experienced" riders around here! Lol!

I hate that Sh...! All my stuff had zippers and they cut it off anyway. And the whole nekid thing! before I got in the door. There are some things a 50 something guy should not have to go through.

dam asshat drunk drivers anyway.

Old 10-24-2012 | 07:30 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cikos1
I hear ya. I really don't care what people think of me, actually, nobody has said anything to me on these forums except for helpful tips to build my bike. Just an observation, I just notice that other new riders are getting heat from other people. I was just curious to as why they're getting heat...
It's those massive mutton chops dude. Nobody wants to mess with someone who has 'em like that. People already KNOW you're a crazy mo fo.

Old 10-25-2012 | 07:22 AM
TheRooster
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scoteh
FF knows that perfectly well. He was making fun of himself, since he hurt his back, badly I might add, when things go quite right picking up his GF's bike. On 3 she didn't, but he did.
Oh man!

Hope that heals up and gets sorted out at some point. Didn't mean to come across as an *** if I did. . .I was more of wondering if *I* was doing it wrong.

Hopefully he got some groovy pain killers out of the deal.

Old 10-25-2012 | 09:01 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRooster
Oh man!

Hope that heals up and gets sorted out at some point. Didn't mean to come across as an *** if I did. . .I was more of wondering if *I* was doing it wrong.

Hopefully he got some groovy pain killers out of the deal.
Oh, i believe he got the pills all right, but he had to do some surgery and a bunch of PT in order to get them!

Old 10-25-2012 | 02:04 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Is it that you are too small, or she is too big?

Quick Reply: All this hate on new riders