The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All this hate on new riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012 | 08:49 AM
Roadie53
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 09FLHT
It doesnt have anything to do with being a new rider. Its about the geeks that are forcing their way into a party where they arent wanted.
Agreed. If I don't/won't talk to ya or wave at ya it probably not that I "hate" you it's more of the point that I might not like you and you might not like me. Don't matter to me either way.
Because we are riding HD bikes doesn't mean I'm your brother or any part of this so called Harley Brotherhood.I ride one because I want to. Don't care if I fit into the "Brotherhood".
I won't crash ya'lls party so don't crash mine.
Ride with whoever and whoever you want but don't expect everyone to be your friend or "brother" just because of what you ride.
I see anyone stranded on the road,I'll damn sure stop to help if I can,but I wouldn't expect anything from it except a thanks.

Old 10-23-2012 | 11:10 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

I think some are putting a bit to much into the wave.
I wave at times, don't mean I wanna go out with ya, or become your long lost buddy.

Just means I'm saying hi.
If that don't work for ya, don't wave.

Does seem to be a lot more friendly people out on the road than here though.

Al

Old 10-23-2012 | 11:15 AM
cikos1
|
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Alot of the questions are just guys trying to be social and start a conversation. For many, they are excited becsude they just got a new bike, someitmes having had to wait a LONG time until other obligations died down, and their is enough money to have one.

Sure would be nice if guys could cut each other a bit of slack. I try to.

Heck, I'm getting used to guys on their bike not smiling and giving me the cold stare.....doesn't even both me anymore.

~Joe
I've been waiting a really long time to get a bike. I've never had the money to buy one, I'm fortunate that I was able to hookup on a basket case bike that I'm putting together.

Originally Posted by AllenW
I think some are putting a bit to much into the wave.
I wave at times, don't mean I wanna go out with ya, or become your long lost buddy.

Just means I'm saying hi.
If that don't work for ya, don't wave.

Does seem to be a lot more friendly people out on the road than here though.

Al
Yup.

Old 10-23-2012 | 11:20 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,219 Likes on 6,733 Posts

We all went through it when we started out.
You guys just whine about it more.

Old 10-23-2012 | 11:23 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I've gone from an oddity and fear/trash to a fu(king bobble head/calvin queerdresser
nope don't wave

Old 10-23-2012 | 12:05 PM
Gazzalodi
Road Master
Veteran: Air Force
Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

Anyone who actually cares about the MOCO ...
So we did the Love Ride on Sunday. Actually I was just riding back from visiting family in Ok and met up with everyone in Vegas and got talked into the ride. Anyway, Jay Leno was introducing people to the crowd, he introduced Willie G and Willie waves his wife out and says "You all know Nancy...." When Leno gets back on the mic he says "Man, that's probably not a good compliment when you say to a few thousand bikers 'you all know my wife'."

Leno is funny as hell when he doesn't have to worry about censors. He did about a half an hour of roasting everyone who he brought up on stage and had the crowd in stitches.

The ride itself was pretty lame, only like 30 miles. But a good concert at the end.

Oh yeah ummm, wearing stuff that isn't good is like ummm bad, unless everyone says it's good, then it's good. yeah, so there.

Old 10-23-2012 | 12:44 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Just seems like life is a whole lot more enjoyable when you just accept people as they are, and take it one day at a time.

Old 10-24-2012 | 02:27 AM
Proteus
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just seems like life is a whole lot more enjoyable when you just accept people as they are, and take it one day at a time.
The best statement ever on this very forum.

Old 10-24-2012 | 08:06 AM
TheRooster
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firefighter616
think he was rather unaware of his immediate surroundings;
at least he didn't pick it up by himself like some I know.
What's bad about picking a Harley up yourself? You back up to it, squat, grab the lowest hand grip, grab the fender, and stand up and walk backward.

Or, if you don't give a **** if it scratches, you tilt it just enough to get the back wheel on the ground, put it in gear, and let it right itself.

Old 10-24-2012 | 11:25 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRooster
What's bad about picking a Harley up yourself? You back up to it, squat, grab the lowest hand grip, grab the fender, and stand up and walk backward.

Or, if you don't give a **** if it scratches, you tilt it just enough to get the back wheel on the ground, put it in gear, and let it right itself.
FF knows that perfectly well. He was making fun of himself, since he hurt his back, badly I might add, when things go quite right picking up his GF's bike. On 3 she didn't, but he did.

Quick Reply: All this hate on new riders