The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All this hate on new riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm happy so many can buy so much stuff, whether they sell it or not.

Personally I don't want to ride dirty, unshaven, wearing old clothes that don't give any protection along with a crappy helmet on an old, vibrating POS with a carburetor and camp out with lousy facilities (if any) and noisy neighbors.

But not everyone likes chocolate ice cream, right?

Old 10-21-2012, 11:23 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by botz723
This **** still goin on in here? C'mon already. There is no international or interstellar or trans universal brother hood of friggin motorcyclists. It's bullshit and you guys know it...

Don't matter if you been riding 20 years or 20 minutes...a guy, say from NY doesnt like a guy from MA just because...that's all...JUST BECAUSE.

That's How it is... A west coast guy riding for 60 years hates an east coast guy riding for 60 years....

Trying to rationalize your differences here for how many days now? This **** is priceless..

We label people that's what we do... You're different? You suck. That's how the friggin world is...

Old bikers hate new bikers, poor bikers hate rich bikers, southern bikers hate northern bikers, country bikers hate city bikers. And so on and so on...And vise versa of course.

This is all natural and has been going on since before you and I were here...and will still be goin on when we're gone....

So Like some one else said earlier eff em...just do what you do. Because really, no one gives a **** what you or I think anyways .
I don't think everyone hates as much as you think. I personally don't hate anyone--takes too much energy and attention. As long as people don't eff with me or mine I pretty much don't care what they do. I don't care what people ride, wear, smoke, snort, drink. Color of their skin, eyes, teeth. Long hair, short, none, straight or curly. Northerner, southerner, east or west. Shoe size, hat size, pants size or shirt size. Tall, short, fat or skinny. Christian, Muslim, Hindu or Druid. I could go on and on but hopefully I've made my point.

Screw hatin'.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:57 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

The only aspect weight has for a new rider, or an experienced one, is braking distance and low speed maneuvers. Anything else?

Old 10-22-2012, 07:38 AM
mjrfd99
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,773 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Haters gonna hate. It's a self esteem issue usually.
Only cure is medical marijuana.
33 yrs in FD/EMS and never had a weed OD. 10,000 alcohol,coke and heroin OD's

Old 10-22-2012, 07:41 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by mjrfd99
Haters gonna hate. It's a self esteem issue usually.
Only cure is medical marijuana.
33 yrs in FD/EMS and never had a weed OD. 10,000 alcohol,coke and heroin OD's
No one can argue with stats like that. Puff, puff, pass!

Old 10-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
The only aspect weight has for a new rider, or an experienced one, is braking distance and low speed maneuvers. Anything else?
My first bike was 500 lb Vulcan 750. I am glad I experienced my first unexpected loose gravel road, wet road paint, tar snake, oily slick , too fast downshift; which skidded the rear wheel, on it . A lot easier to recover than with my 975 lb FLHTCUI.

I agree with Then Came Bronson, that people should start out on a smaller bike than an FLH, when they start. Many people on here disagree.

I have been riding 8 years/40k miles. I still consider myself a new rider. Just not a novice.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:17 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,084 Likes on 17,944 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
If I had ridden anything but the small light 250 stinkwheel I owned my first 6 months riding I would have killed myself , got into enough trouble as it was . A thousand pound whale first bike is shear ego & stupidity .

Old 10-22-2012, 12:16 PM
cikos1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway
THIS is where the hate comes from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRLagpnaUGg
HAHAHA This is classic!!! I can see where the hate comes from when it's people like this, but somebody did mention that they should be laughed at rather than hated.

It is funny how he doesn't help anybody pick up his own bike. WTF?!

Old 10-22-2012, 12:21 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't act like an idiot and you won't be treated like one.

95% of the people who ride motorcycles, regardless of brand, are cool to hang, talk, listen, etc. to when you meet them in person. Be it at a gas stop or sitting around a campfire. Nevertheless, there is always the 5% who seemingly desire to inform you what a biker, mechanic, captain of industry, or whatever they are. They are easily identified, and they are just as easy to avoid. Naturally, this is only my view of the world, and yours may be different.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Dimitri
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
What I find totally screwed is the tendency for these spanking new riders with zero skills outside of a suit or office buying the largest heaviest bikes they can . What is with that ? At their usual age you'd think some kinda common sense would be there ............
Bigger is always the best one, regardless if you can handle it. It is a adolescent boy attitude with life. Compensating for something that is "lacking".

Common Sense in Today's world? ...

Originally Posted by scoteh
Don't act like an idiot and you won't be treated like one.

95% of the people who ride motorcycles, regardless of brand, are cool to hang, talk, listen, etc. to when you meet them in person. Be it at a gas stop or sitting around a campfire. Nevertheless, there is always the 5% who seemingly desire to inform you what a biker, mechanic, captain of industry, or whatever they are. They are easily identified, and they are just as easy to avoid. Naturally, this is only my view of the world, and yours may be different.
That can be said for just about any seemingly random group of people.

Unless you walk into a college/university's liberal art's campus, then you want to run away.

Dimitri

Quick Reply: All this hate on new riders