The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am such a Dumbass and joined the club

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 01:48 AM
Saddle Tramp
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I am such a Dumbass and joined the club

After 4 days of sulking over this i figured it was time to give you all a laugh at my expense, Saturday, really really bad day for me.

I work nights, so getting over Friday night, actually saturday morning i sleep for a couple hours and had things to do around the house, i get the stuff done and jump on the bike and head to the grocery store, i take the bike everywhere. I'm really wore out from the night before work, so i decide to take a nap when i got the grocery unloaded, so i parked the bike in front of the shed before pulling it in and locking it up.

So i get the grocery unloaded and take a sleeping pill, i have about 30 minutes before it hits. I take the dog out and sweep out the shed, get on the bike to pull it in, it barely fits, handlebars only clear the door a couple inches and the ramp is a steel cat crossing grate. I've done this like this for 5 yrs, never a problem. I get on the bike and start up the ramp , stop half way up make sure the faring doesnt hit as ive done a thousand time, i slightly turn to the right a little bit and my hand slips off the clutch, heres where the **** hit the fan.

The shed is only 14 by 16, high roof, shelfs i built on the left, half way up the ramp my hand slips off the clutch and my throttle hand gasses on it, oh ****, only thing i can grab is the front brake, i hit the wall and it stops, now the rear tire starts to do a burnout and slides to the right, bike goes down in the shed and throws me under the shelves and now has me pinned under the bike, i cant reach the kill switch or ignition, it finally dies, it takes me a little while to get m leg out from under it and i cant pick it up the faring is smashed into the leg brace of the shelves, i get help to pick it up and im pissed, but now my dog run off in all the comotion, the sleeping pill isnt long to take affect.

I jump in the truck with the friggen dogs squeeky ball like a real dick weeb or dumbass or you all can come up with some others im sure, im jump in my pickup and im driving around the neighbor hood holding my dogs friggen squeeky toy out the window sqeeking it thinking he will hear it and come running, i find the dog, throw him in the truck and find a drive way to turn around in and barry the f-en truck in the peoples driveway, SOB, i work and getit out, there not home, by now the sleeping pill is really kicking in, im on a dead end road behind the dead end road i live on, i get home and lay on the couch and take a nap.

I feel like a real dumbass, my pride is hurt, my bike is hurt, my leg is hurt not bad, my truck now has 1/4 in less tread from spinning the tires off it, i was pissed at myself, call me whatever it will make me feel better i think.

Sorry for the long read, maybe someone will get a laugh out of it. Ride safe everyone and **** will happen when you least expect it.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:55 AM
Grizz76
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this would make a real good country song. made me laugh out loud.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:59 AM
Saddle Tramp
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats good Grizz, something did good come out of it.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:42 AM
ja57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 91 Posts

Yep your right got a good laugh out of it.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:11 AM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That sure does qualify as a bad day.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

Wow, I feel much better about what I thought was a shitty weekend

Old 10-17-2012, 07:43 AM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I work night's too, I feel your pain. Got off nights a few years ago, went in the house and started the bath tub running. Went back outside to feed the dog while the tub was filling. While outside I noticed dog crap on the patio deck so I get the hose out to wash it down. After rolling the hose up I proceed back in the house and boot hits carpet with a "squish!" "Oh $hit!" Long story short I had to go rent a carpet cleaner and spent the next 6 hours sucking up water and drying carpet!

Old 10-17-2012, 07:52 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey look at it this way

next weekend will be better!

Old 10-17-2012, 08:05 AM
torchman
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, now I know I`m not the only one with that kinda luck.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:14 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Holy crap. In the bad day department, you are at the front of the line.

Quick Reply: I am such a Dumbass and joined the club