The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am such a Dumbass and joined the club

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 03:57 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40,022 Likes on 13,514 Posts

Originally Posted by ROLLNTIGER
I work night's too, I feel your pain. Got off nights a few years ago, went in the house and started the bath tub running. Went back outside to feed the dog while the tub was filling. While outside I noticed dog crap on the patio deck so I get the hose out to wash it down. After rolling the hose up I proceed back in the house and boot hits carpet with a "squish!" "Oh $hit!" Long story short I had to go rent a carpet cleaner and spent the next 6 hours sucking up water and drying carpet!
That's what you get for taking a bath! Once a month is plenty often enough to degrease your body! I buy one bar of soap every January,I'm saving a fortune on water too.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Wow....at least you found your dog. But yea man that was a bad friggin day. Wow.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Smitty79
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also work shift work and do a lot of graveyard shifts. I've learned the hard way not to take a sleeping pill until I'm absolutely ready to hit the sack. I made the mistake of taking one and then thinking I had enough time to run and grab some breakfast for my wife and kids... Needless to say my sleeping pill kicked in and I ran over my own mail box... But hey, my wife loves her new red brick mailbox...

Old 10-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

At least you can laugh about it. Coulda' been bad. Walked out into the kennel last week and noticed I only had two dogs. My male pointer had gone over the fence. Wearing a bathrobe and slippers,I hauled *** towards the back door to get in the truck,and stumbled on a paving stone.I had the poop scoop in my hands and couldn't catch myself,slammed into the corner of the deck and broke a rib,neck sprain,cut the hell out of a knee and foot.Woulda' really pissed me off if my scoot had been hurt. At least the dog was ok.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member

Hard to get off tilt sometimes

Old 10-28-2012, 07:31 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

there are 2 kinds of riders out there....those that have dropped their bike; and those that haven't......yet! I joined the club just last friday, it was a race too ''kickstands down'' (in my mind). Me an another rider came into the work parking lot at the same time..........I casually lowered my kickstand, and let the bike go........uh, it went all right.....right too the ground!.......little 90 weight out the breather was the only damage....lucky me. But now I am of the same club, the dumb *** club!

Old 10-29-2012, 06:37 AM
modelflyered
Advanced

DAng Funny, Thanks for the chuckle at your expense.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:12 AM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,869 Likes on 9,332 Posts

Kill switch is right next to your thumb.
A bath? Kinda soaking in your own fecal film, body greased water.
and sleeping pills? I use the opportunity to get stuff done.
frinkin dumbass.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:03 AM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 982 Posts

If we never had a bad day, then we could never realy, fully enjoy a great day.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Roni
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 805 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by elbohead
You needed a nap so you took a sleeping pill? Seriously?
Once you get used to taking Ambien -- once you build a tolerance to the medicine -- for me, even the CR time release pills are only good for about 4 hours of sleep, if you want to call it that. Fortunately, my sleeping pattern has improved as I've gotten older. Now, I can usually get 5-6 hours without meds, although I usually have to take it one or twice a week.

Ambien besides being a sleeping pill, is also a depressant and also a hypnotic. It impairs short-term memory, and can make you depressed and/or irritable. That's why most doctors won't prescribe it for Alzheimer's patients no matter how bad their sleep pattern might be, especially if they happen to be in that "cranky" or "aggressive" phase of their dementia.

The hypnotic part really hits me hard. When I take it, I may not actually fall asleep, but I will forget almost everything that I do. Fortunately, I don't get out and drive/ride, or raid the fridge like some people do. Usually I just watch TV or try to read. Sometimes I'll pack lunches, and not remember a lick of it until I come downstairs in the morning, and see the bags on the kitchen counter.

Oh, I also stay away from email. Nothing worse than sending something obnoxious in email and not find out until you receive an annoyed reply the next day.

Here's the really frustrating part of it. My wife has told me on more than one occasion about the wonderful sex we had the night before ...and I can't remember any of it. It's just not fair. If I'm going to have sex, damn it, I want to remember it, even if it is with a person that I've had sex with several hundred times already.

I mean, after all, how do you deal with that? "It was great last night, Honey? It couldn't have been that good because I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER IT." You see my dilemma. Fortunately, she understands what the pill does to me, so she's not really upset if I don't recall.

Last edited by Roni; 11-02-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Quick Reply: I am such a Dumbass and joined the club